Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. This is a lot to digest. The sawed off shotgun was never in my top ten possibilities. IMO such a cold vicious man - boggles my mind even more. The two female lawyers will rue the day they took this job - IMO
NOTE: The complaint specifies "short rifle," not a sawed-off shotgun. So something that shoots bullets, not shot.

BBM:
"COUNT 2-TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY (F3)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and May 10, 2020, Barry Lee Morphew, believing that an official proceeding was pending, in progress, or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings; in violation of section 18-8-610.5, C.R.S
."

Have they located SM's remains or a portion there of? I suppose this charge indicates they have.

Adding to my own post
Huge Change on Dates - Includes MAY 9, 2020.
From New Charging Document
COUNT 1-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE (F1)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and May 10, 2020, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Suzanne Renee Morphew; in violation of section 18-3- 102(1)(a), C.R.S.
COUNT 2-TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY (F3)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and May 10, 2020, Barry Lee Morphew, believing that an official proceeding was pending, in progress, or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings; in violation of section 18-8-610.5, C.R.S.
COUNT 3-TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE (F6)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew, believing that an official proceeding was pending or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physical evidence with intent to impair its verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding; in violation of section 18-8-610(1)(a), C.R.S.
COUNT 4-POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON (F5)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly possessed a dangerous weapon, namely: short rifle; in violation of section 18-12-102(3), C.R.S.
COUNT 5-ATTEMPT TO INFLUENCE A PUBLIC SERVANT (F4)
Between and including May 10, 2020 and May 5, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully and feloniously attempted to influence Damon Brown, Lamine Mulenax, Robin Burgess, Alexander Walker, Joseph Cahill, Derek Graham, Kenneth Harris, and Jonathan Grusing, public servants, by means of deceit, with the intent thereby to alter or affect the public servant's decision, vote, opinion, or action concerning a matter which was to be considered or performed by the public servant or the agency or body of which the public servant was a member; in violation of section 18-8-306, C.R.S.

HOLY MACKEREL. He cut that poor woman up. Or burned her up. How could they know this unless they've found part of her remains?? :eek::eek::eek:

I believe now, more than ever that Suzanne's body was in the toolbox of his truck when he left for Broomfield and then had to clean all the tools in there and that explains the bleach smell. If he shot her at home, he would clean up with bleach so that explains the bleach there. So, I'm guessing her body is somewhere between Salida and Broomfield. I lean closer to Salida because I can't imagine how anxiety ridden a person would be if they were driving around with a body in their vehicle. Jmo
this is an extremely compelling post. I still lean toward coolers for the simple fact they couldn't find any. But... looking into different truck bed tool accessories, there is a very wide array of storage/organizational setups, its pretty incredible actually and I think your theory is pretty sound. jmo

ETA: you can definitely have lots of evidence of moving and concealing a body (or more gruesome things as well) without having found a body, so I don't believe it until I hear otherwise.

Last edited:
Can you link to a copy of the Special Warranty Deed? I can't seem to find it. What exactly is it?

Can't provide a link to any specific deed, but this is what a special warranty deed is ... real estate related.
Where a property seller warranties that they have title to the property they are selling, and the property was not encumbered (with any liens) during the time they have owned the property.

What Is a Special Warranty Deed?

Interesting. Coming after what I thought was a last ditch attempt to get him on laughable voter fraud. JMO, I was thinking that they might not have had a real case and were piling on the voter fraud a la Capone/taxes. Gruesome as this new signal is, I'm glad that voter fraud will sink out of sight for awhile. I don't understand the strategy of even including it instead of these charges first.

Women who look good, too, imo.

Two women going to bat for him, “solving” his legal problems for him. I guess if he ever was going to let a little control loose, this should come as no surprise.

Interesting, we see it in opposing directions! I think BM would be too intimidated to hire men. He has always been able to talk his way into and out of everything with women. This way he can manipulate and move them in the direction he thinks they should go in. He also believes that "good looking women" will help the jury empathize.

He is so pathetic.

Also MOO JMHO

Last edited:
...And now the wild speculation begins LOL.

Here is the thing: I don't think they found her. I also don't think they even know COD yet. I think they have evidence of a crime and that he moved her body. That is all. I could be wrong, but I refuse to entertain anything else until we have more.

That said, I wonder if the weapon charge and the charges of attempting to influence agents has to do with him "patrolling" his property with a "short rifle" while searches were taking place?

Barry has to have the money some place. He should have well over $1M. I actually think that the college grad daughter can start out like many of us did. She can get a job and build from there.

It is the younger daughter that needs the most help. She should have the opportunity to go to college. There are enough relatives that I think will support and help her, even without Barry's help.

I also see fraud with the PPP loan. It is my understanding that the PPP loan must be repaid if any of his "employees" are laid off. That "loan" is to keep the employees employed and help the company during Covid. I'd love to know who he claimed were his full-time employees. Hopefully, more charges are coming. It goes to his character (or lack, thereof).

JMO.
MOO if he is found guilty he can't have use funds that would have belonged to Suzanne.
Would he would need to pay the spent funds back?
Is there a mechanism to freeze them?
Are these attorneys accepting the victims money for their services?

Kind of interesting that BM went hunting and fishing ‘every day’ since they’ve been in Salida. I’m sure that is an exaggeration but if it’s even 50% accurate, that is a lot of free time for someone that owns their own business and can afford the life style the M’s apparently had.
And is supposedly looking for his missing wife......

If he collected guns, the short rifle may have been some older item that is technically illegal. I don't think we should jump to conclusions that she was shot. If so, he could have used a hand gun instead of a "short rifle", hand gun being easier to conceal. But my gut feeling is that he would avoid the noise of a firearm. JMO

Lauren just tweeted that he hired private attorneys as well.

Eytan Nielsen | Trial Lawyers
Oh dang! Isn’t Dru Nielsen the same attorney who represented Krystal Lee Kenny in the Patrick Frazee murder trial? If so, she was named Denver’s top criminal attorney sometime back. Also represented a man charged with murder of his wife and the jury acquitted him.

BBM:
"COUNT 2-TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY (F3)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and May 10, 2020, Barry Lee Morphew, believing that an official proceeding was pending, in progress, or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings; in violation of section 18-8-610.5, C.R.S
."

Have they located SM's remains or a portion there of? I suppose this charge indicates they have.
I really hope so, but it may be a leap.

What if this relates to finding cadaverine or some physical evidence, in more than one location? The beach where the dogs reacted, the tools, the bobcat maybe.

Oh dang! Isn’t Dru Nielsen the same attorney who represented Krystal Lee Kenny in the Patrick Frazee murder trial? If so, she was named Denver’s top criminal attorney sometime back. Also represented a man charged with murder of his wife and the jury acquitted him.
Yep. Replying to my own post. Ms. Nielsen represented KK. She is a powerhouse and very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB