Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dang! Isn’t Dru Nielsen the same attorney who represented Krystal Lee Kenny in the Patrick Frazee murder trial? If so, she was named Denver’s top criminal attorney sometime back. Also represented a man charged with murder of his wife and the jury acquitted him.

You are correct, see link I posted. Eytan Nielsen | Iris Eytan

As a highly experienced Colorado criminal defense attorney, Iris has brought more than 50 cases to trial. Most recently, her work as counsel in the jury trial of Tom Fallis caught the attention of the national and international media. Mr. Fallis was wrongfully charged with the murder of his wife. Along with their legal team, Iris Eytan and her partner Dru Nielsen, secured an acquittal by jury in this highly publicized case.

Short-barreled rifle (SBR) is a legal designation in the United States, referring to a shoulder-fired, rifled firearm, made from a rifle, with a barrel length of less than 16 in (41 cm) or overall length of less than 26 in (66 cm), or a handgun fitted with a buttstock and a barrel of less than 16 inches length.

Short-barreled rifle - Wikipedia

Wondering if he had a scope on it...

Short-barreled rifle (SBR) is a legal designation in the United States, referring to a shoulder-fired, rifled firearm, made from a rifle, with a barrel length of less than 16 in (41 cm) or overall length of less than 26 in (66 cm), or a handgun fitted with a buttstock and a barrel of less than 16 inches length.

I'd think that a short barrel would mean that the bullet wouldn't be accurate too far out, so that a scope might not be helpful. JMO, I'm sure others have more experience.

I don't know, but I thought the whole point of a sawed off barrel was to make it shorter so it could be easily concealed until the shooter pulls it out to use it or so the intended victim couldn't easily grab the barrel and push it aside. So, presumably it would be used in close quarters and a scope wouldn't be needed.

It may be that this weapon has nothing to do with SM's demise, but was just found in the post-arrest search of BM's condo.

ETA: Upon further thought, I think it MUST have something to do with SM's murder given the date range included in the complaint (May 9, 2020 to March 4, 2021 - so from earliest potential date of murder to date of move-out).

Last edited:

"American civilians may own an SBR provided it is registered with the ATF, and a $200 tax is paid prior to taking possession of or creating the firearm."

yes it makes them less effective long range, but perfect for closer or smaller spaces, or better maneuvering during combat/attack. jmo

Interesting, we see it in opposing directions! I think BM would be too intimidated to hire men. He has always been able to talk his way into and out of everything with women. This way he can manipulate and move them in the direction he thinks they should go in. He also believes that "good looking women" will help the jury empathize.

He is so pathetic.

Now that you mention his possible/probably aversion to a male attorney, I totally agree. Both of our ideas could be a mix of why he chose who he chose. I agree with your whole comment actually, and I think that what I mentioned was just the cherry on top- good looking women, at that, which could totally, imo, have an effect on the jury.

In our Karen Ristevski case, her husband stopped cooperating with police very early on, hired a top lawyer, held out for as long as he could (for almost 3 years) ... then suddenly pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter as the trial began.

So we never did find out exactly what happened, the how/when/why of it all.

I think he realised, or his top lawyer convinced him, that what they had against him was too compelling .. so try for a manslaughter plea, avoid a trial, and do his reduced prison time.

In this way he has also been able to continue to blindside his supportive daughter. With the manslaughter plea reflecting a perhaps accidental death, as opposed to straight out murder.
This. I have wondered if at some point BM will plead accidental death and then he panicked and got rid of her body. All for the girls, of course. He concocted the abduction story so they wouldn’t lose both their parents—- had to protect his girls. Or, some similar bs. He could then plead to a lesser charge and eliminate the entire trial and release of all the incriminating evidence. MOO

Criminal Defense Team are no slouches...look at their experience. Women too boot, must be very costly or possibly pro bono representation? JMOO
Eytan Nielsen | Iris Eytan

Iris Eytan of Eytan Nielsen LLC is one of the leading Colorado lawyers practicing in high-profile criminal defense litigation. She is well known as an aggressive Denver lawyer and for her unrelenting pursuit of justice.

As a highly experienced Colorado criminal defense attorney, Iris has brought more than 50 cases to trial. Most recently, her work as counsel in the jury trial of Tom Fallis caught the attention of the national and international media. Mr. Fallis was wrongfully charged with the murder of his wife. Along with their legal team, Iris Eytan and her partner Dru Nielsen, secured an acquittal by jury in this highly publicized case.

Iris’ practice is focused on the aggressive defense of crimes including homicide, serious assault, Title IX disciplinary proceedings, sexual offenses, sexual violence and criminal cases involving mental health defenses and issues. She is also experienced in handling cases that are under investigation and has successfully convinced the prosecution to drop potential criminal charges against her client. Iris also has special knowledge of the disciplinary process that male college students face when accused of sexual misconduct.

JMOO

I hope Suzanne isn't paying their bills.

MOO why a concealable large weapon? What purpose does a short rifle have?
Maybe that it can be concealed in a normal backpack?
Possibly then went he went on the hike he said he was going to go on with his wife.
Why not just bring a hand gun. I tend to think that the short barreled rifle charge is a technicality, something they found in his possession, but we'll see.

HOLY MACKEREL. He cut that poor woman up. Or burned her up. How could they know this unless they've found part of her remains?? :eek::eek::eek:
I tend to agree they may have found part of her remains. Your statement makes perfect sense. How could they have proof otherwise. It’s going to take a while for me to digest this new information. Wondering where @OldCop is?
MOO

Barry knows he is in deep or he wouldn’t waste his money for two very qualified defense attorneys. I’m certain he followed the Frazee case. If KK got off for assisting in a murder, in my opinion, he likely feels they can help him. And again they represented a Denver man in a high profile case for murdering his wife. He is walking free now.

Barry knows he is going away for life and has likely heard what the DA has in the arrest affidavit. Why let the court appoint an attorney when you can spend your wife’s inheritance for the best?

He will never admit what he has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member