Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to look up the names-one is an FBI Agent, one a CCSO deputy, looking at the others

At least two CBI.

https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1394761186030329865

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

#BarryMorphew has also hired private attorneys Dru Nielsen and Iris Eytan. I'll have more tonight on
@FOX21News
at 5, 6:30 and 10 p.m.

From his new attorney's website:

Eytan Nielsen | Dru Nielsen

"As a mother of two boys, Dru is particularly passionate about defending boys and men wrongly accused of domestic violence or sexual misconduct in both university disciplinary and criminal proceedings."

WOW. Talk about niche law. I had no idea.

Last edited:
Maybe SM confronted him about the fraudulent filing of the PPP? Could this be tied in with the living above their means, financial issues her sister referenced- BM knowing SM had information that could put him in jeopardy with the IRS, state or other agencies- leading to possible criminal charges? Insurance fraud? Etc...?

Had SM just finally had it with the whole charade (if there was one, I’m speculating here), and just made the terrible mistake of letting this all be known to him while the girls just happened to be away and he snapped at the notion of losing it all and being found out?

Was SM after beating cancer enlightened and realizing that she wanted to live an authentic life, free of the schemes and lies that had become her marriage? Is this the deterioration of the last few years her sister eludes to? Had greed, material possessions and ego consumed BM? Could have BM possibly turned the daughters against Suzanne by manipulating them into believing that “mom is going to ruin our beautiful lifestyle”? Money and the things it affords you can be extremely intoxicating, especially to youth these days in society. :(- This could tie in to the confusion about who was living in the house, and possible friction in the home prior to her disappearance. I can’t shake the feeling that somehow Suzanne had become the “bad guy” in the parenting game prior to her going missing. I keep thinking about that angle, it just adds up to me - strange?

I do find the timing of the PPP loan interesting, if not significant. Clearly, there was a perfect storm brewing in that PP home and it ended terribly.

Goes without saying- All MOO!
I think Barry was barely hanging on by his fingernails financially. He had to be desperate to file for the PPP loan especially if he was already plotting a murder. It’s JMO but I doubt Barry kept Suzanne informed about any aspect of his business. Men like Barry love using money as a primary means of control. They earn the money and wield that power to dictate when, where and how to spend it. Of course, Suzanne could have been doing some investigating on the sly and discovered some things that worried her enough to mention to her sister.

I wouldn’t doubt that Barry was using a slow drip of poison when talking to his daughters about their mother. He needed to be sure they’d side with him when Suzanne disappeared and he likely started laying that groundwork in advance. I feel so sorry for them.

Adding to my own post
Huge Change on Dates - Includes MAY 9, 2020.
From New Charging Document
COUNT 1-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE (F1)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and May 10, 2020, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Suzanne Renee Morphew; in violation of section 18-3- 102(1)(a), C.R.S.
COUNT 2-TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY (F3)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and May 10, 2020, Barry Lee Morphew, believing that an official proceeding was pending, in progress, or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings; in violation of section 18-8-610.5, C.R.S.
COUNT 3-TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE (F6)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew, believing that an official proceeding was pending or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physical evidence with intent to impair its verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding; in violation of section 18-8-610(1)(a), C.R.S.
COUNT 4-POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON (F5)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly possessed a dangerous weapon, namely: short rifle; in violation of section 18-12-102(3), C.R.S.
COUNT 5-ATTEMPT TO INFLUENCE A PUBLIC SERVANT (F4)
Between and including May 10, 2020 and May 5, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully and feloniously attempted to influence Damon Brown, Lamine Mulenax, Robin Burgess, Alexander Walker, Joseph Cahill, Derek Graham, Kenneth Harris, and Jonathan Grusing, public servants, by means of deceit, with the intent thereby to alter or affect the public servant's decision, vote, opinion, or action concerning a matter which was to be considered or performed by the public servant or the agency or body of which the public servant was a member; in violation of section 18-8-306, C.R.S.
willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance

I think I’m going to be sick.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online