Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, might as well make it official so I can stop going back and forth on this like I have been. I booked a room in Salida for 2 nights with the hope of being able to attend. It's a gamble, but I will try my best to make it in. If I do, great. If not, I put my best foot forward.
Rooting for you! Go camp outside that courthouse like you’re waiting for concert tickets!

Judge Murphy called the hearing today based on pleadings that came in a few days ago re. discovery and sanctions.

Judge Murphy wants to know if discovery received is duplicative, new, etc., and can't tell from the motions.

Judge Murphy asks if another discovery hearing is necessary before the preliminary hearing?

His calendar is booked solid -- putting this on the defense lawyers for input.

E&N asking Judge if he can assure them this proceeding is not being recorded. Judge responds that's the law...

E & N are calling BM on his cell phone to confer with him about the court calendar if the preliminary is pushed out.

We're on hold while defense talks to BM off camera....

E & N responding:

They are present because the prosecution has pushed the discovery into a constitutional violation. They are being backed into a corner because of the prosecution providing them 3 more TB's of discovery. Requesting BM be granted a bond and attorneys fees because BM was arrested before the State was ready to hand over discovery!!

BM should not be in jail with his every function being monitored.

Defense demands good faith they can question witnesses and mass qty of exhibits in 4 days!!

Judge cannot rule on the pleadings themselves. They are allegations! Judge cannot determine what the discovery is -- may not be new and not a sanction. He simply cannot rule. (7,000 pages and 500 hours of video received since July 22 hearing).

4 days is an exceptional period of time to wrap up a preliminary and the prosecution agrees it will be completed within 4 days.

Defense requests Judge make an Order for the prosecutor to produce the witness list (8 people) in the order they will be called to testify!!

The judge agrees with the prosecutor but also thinks it would be helpful to the court for a sequential witness list but good faith only (won't be held to it).

Judge requests defense refile their motion and be more specific about their complaints they think are sanctionable (including Sheila Oliver thumb drive with text messages??).

Again, Defense is misleading the court...

Prosecutor states the texts by SO are not new info -- the defense received the discovery earlier.

End of hearing.
Didn’t I hear them say they still haven’t received the exhibits shown to Barry in April? They also mentioned Brady content in passing.

Didn’t I hear them say they still haven’t received the exhibits shown to Barry in April? They also mentioned Brady content in passing.
They received it -- just didn't like the format.

Just as they wanted the witness list and after they received it they wanted a different list (i.e., list in sequential order they will be called to testify).

Interesting...
https://twitter.com/CoCourts/status/1422958312623022082
1/2 Re courtroom seating for People v. Morphew: One seat is reserved for The Mountain Mail of Salida. Media interested in the remaining six seats, send e-mail to contact listed in the order no later than noon Thursday 8/5 indicating interest.

2/2 Re courtroom seating for People v. Morphew: Thursday afternoon, we will contact all those interested in a courtroom seat so they can decide among themselves who gets one. If no agreement, we will hold a lottery.

link to Mountain Mail themountainmail.com | The Mountain Mail | Salida, Chaffee County Colorado, breaking news, entertainment, sports, classifieds

What did IE mean when she said this 4 day hearing is going to end with the participation of her client?

Is BM going to testify?

"Listen, Judge! Let me show you what happened."

BM has the chance to show his daughters that he loves them more than he loves himself.
He could choose to spare them from the impending ugliness of this potential trial.

He has failed again.
So, so sad.

IMHO

What did IE mean when she said this 4 day hearing is going to end with the participation of her client?

Is BM going to testify?

No-- BM will not testify at the preliminary -- just a reminder of their request for equal time.

At the last hearing, the defense argued they wanted equal time (4 day prelim) to examine the witnesses. Defense fears that the number of witnesses and exhibits will take up 100% of the time allotted and reminding the court that the hearing will end with BM questioning the content, via his attorneys, put on by the state. Just a vocal reminder about the defense's earlier request.

Sorry if this is a silly question… since the media will be allowed to tweet live updates, how will we know what twitter feed to follow? Will we just need to wait for the reporters to tell us?
Don’t you worry, we’ll have all the links here.

If you could only follow one, this should be it. twitter.com/ashleykktv?s=11

Sorry if this is a silly question… since the media will be allowed to tweet live updates, how will we know what twitter feed to follow? Will we just need to wait for the reporters to tell us?

I am sure there will be a list of the 7 media that are allowed in/who won the lottery. We know The Mountain Mail will be there...not sure if they know how to tweet (oh that's mean, so mean) but here is their twitter
https://twitter.com/TheMtnMail

We will do our best to post from the locals and at least one network has promised to produce a live blog of the preliminary which will be helpful since it will be sequential.

Locals confirming they will be at the hearing include:

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV (CBS affiliate)

Lauren Scharf @LaurenScharfTV (Fox News)

I follow Ashley Franco and Lauren Scharf on Twitter. On your Twitter feed search bar (at the top of the page) type in Suzanne Morphew and/or Barry Morphew. This will bring up all tweets with those two hashtags.

Click ‘Latest’ at the top of the Twitter feed and then continue to refresh the page every few seconds.

The most recent tweets will show up on top with Lauren and Ashley’s tweets coming up first.

JMO

I follow Ashley Franco and Lauren Scharf on Twitter. On your Twitter feed search bar (at the top of the page) type in Suzanne Morphew and/or Barry Morphew. This will bring up all tweets with those two hashtags.

Click ‘Latest’ at the top of the Twitter feed and then continue to refresh the page every few seconds.

The most recent tweets will show up on top with Lauren and Ashley’s tweets coming up first.

JMO
Thank you @osu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members