Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie (Butzer) Rose
@stephaniebutzer

·
11m

Harris said at one point, Barry put a gun to Suzanne's head and asked, "Is this what you want?" He had also pinned her to the bed. She threatened to call police, Harris said. He added Barry was worried about how others saw their marriage & wanted "to come out looking good."
to his head!

BM is all about outward appearances. Everything had to look perfect. I love that we have him in his prison stripes.
He was controlling Suzanne with the kids & money, he wasn't going to let her leave and make him look bad. She would tell others what she endured, he wanted to squash her growing independence by silencing her forever. The money would also be ALL his.

Nope! We owned a business for over 20 years somewhat similar and it was very hard on our marriage because IT WAS VERY PRESSURING. You have to measure up and protect your reputation AND make money!

I own a law firm and I never thought about killing my husband - and he's even my business partner.

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]2m
#SuzanneMorphew allegedly continued to tell #BarryMorphew that she needed peace and wanted out. Says she wanted to wait until their daughter Macy was out of the house. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]7m
Sheila allegedly began to ask #SuzanneMorphew to make a sort of "what if" list about what she would do after her and #BarryMorphew seperated. Texts show Suzanne told Sheila, Barry wanted her to be the bad guy and he wanted to look good. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]12m
Sheila told investigators that #BarryMorphew would say things like "I'm going to tell the girls you don't love me." SA Harris says that is a control mechanism to try to put the girls against #SuzanneMorphew. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]14m
SA Harris says Sheila told them #SuzanneMorphew said she was possibly being physically abused by #BarryMorphew. She allegedly told Sheila he pushed her into a closet door and held a gun to her head, on a different occasion he allegedly would pin her on a bed.
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]20m
Texts say sometimes small things would just "set Barry off" and he would leave and come back and be fine. There was another time when #BarryMorphew allegedly brought their daughters into their arguments to pick sides. #SuzanneMorphew @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]22m
SA Harris is continuing to detail the texts between #SuzanneMorphew and her best friend Sheila. Suzanne made a comment that she can't "handle the unstableness"

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 28m
We are about to start back up for the afternoon. Special Agent Harris is still on the stand. #BarryMorphew #SuzanneMorphew @KKTV11News

On lunch til 1:30 pm. Same thing. First come, first serve... I should be able to make it in again. In line with nobody else here...

Intense... i took ton of notes... i am a bit floored with what we have already learned...

Thanks so much NoSi. So nice to have one of ours on the front lines. Take care of yourself.

BM told police his marriage was perfect. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If this isn't a red flag I don't know what is.. every bit of evidence goes against this one statement. An innocent person doesn't need to lie and say their marriage is fine. IF he believed she disappeared on a bike ride, then why lie about the state of the marriage?

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose
@stephaniebutzer

·
11m

Harris said at one point, Barry put a gun to Suzanne's head and asked, "Is this what you want?" He had also pinned her to the bed. She threatened to call police, Harris said. He added Barry was worried about how others saw their marriage & wanted "to come out looking good."

Okay, well, I'm still confused. I'm tending to go with what Lauren typed - I'm sure it will be more clear by the end of the day. I'll check MountainMail's coverage.

(Stephanie is a youtuber; Lauren is a journalist...)

I just find it hard to believe Lauren could mistake the phrase "Suzanne's head" for "his head." Maybe. Right now we have Ashley saying "her head," and Lauren saying "his head," which I feel could be more easily confused for each other than "Suzanne's head."

If you think about it, she never really made her own money. What would she do? Where would she go? How would she live? Her own children were on Barry’s side. She stood to lose everything. She had already checked out emotionally, but what was her plan B?

Nope! We owned a business for over 20 years somewhat similar and it was very hard on our marriage because IT WAS VERY PRESSURING. You have to measure up and protect your reputation AND make money!

You are still alive. Thankfully. Suzanne’s not.
There’s the difference in your situation and theirs.

Barry had a very pressuring job. Plus trying to make money for the family
That's not a reason to abuse someone or make them feel guilty about what medications they are prescribed. Having Cancer is pretty stressful, too. Maybe supporting Suzanne's decisions would have made his life less demanding.

If you think about it, she never really made her own money. What would she do? Where would she go? How would she live? Her own children were on Barry’s side. She stood to lose everything. She had already checked out emotionally, but what was her plan B?
I think she would have moved back to IN with half of the assets and lived a modest life in peace with her family surrounding her with BM far, far away. She wanted peace.

Had she talked to an attorney? Maybe back in Indiana?

She told her friend she needed to wait for some financial reasons, and because her daughter would soon be graduating high school and leaving the house. "Once Macy is gone, I won’t be able to do it," Suzanne texted her friend in September 2019. "I won’t feel safe.”[/QUOTE]
BBM Here is another heart breaker - she was afraid to be alone in the house with her husband. She texted.. Once Macy is gone I won't be able to do it. Just devastating - all of this -
Dear dear Suzanne you deserved so much more -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member