Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His job might have been stressful, but HE did that to himself. Often people create their own stress by living beyond their means. Someone like him, moves his wife to Colorado, buys this large expensive home, has all the outward appearance of "perfect", but if it isn't affordable or puts so much pressure to be able to pay for it, then he is creating his own problem. What better then for him to be seen as the hard working husband, even working on Mother's Day to provide this life for Suzanne, etc. I'm s
A premonition of sorts, because she wasn't safe with the girls both gone.
I wonder if she texted anything about being afraid that week with them gone? :( ugh just sad to know more details that she was afraid for a long time. This wasn't a surprise to her (not sure which is worse.. being blindsided or feeling this way for a long time and something eventually happening)

Ah, thank you. Her Twitter bio focuses on "doing digital" for the DenverChannel, doesn't mention reporting right away (and on ultramarathons and doing "morning digital," so I was thinking she was more of a sports enthusiast who works in some capacity there.

I'm awaiting the reporter from NBC. Because we have three reporters and each says something different.

Also, MountainMail should be weighing in.
Gotcha. Didn’t mean to be short. I just asked Ashley on Twitter if it’s her head or his head. I know she’s busy but hopefully I’ll get some clarification.

Harris said at one point, Barry put a gun to Suzanne's head and asked, "Is this what you want?" He had also pinned her to the bed. She threatened to call police, Harris said. He added Barry was worried about how others saw their marriage & wanted "to come out looking good."

https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer/status/1424819081299955741

I have much empathy for Suzanne wanting to wait until MM2 was out of the home. I stayed until my child graduated from college. It was a v dangerous thing to do since he phoned home one night to tell me he had the Glock to his head. I could not tell him not to pull the trigger bc I no longer cared whether he lived or died. That's how bad the abuse had gotten.

Side note for those who have daughters (I know it sounds sexist, sorry): try to instill in them that’s it’s important to have their own careers. You cannot depend on anyone to support you for the rest of your life. For the children of super wealthy parents, carry on.

Man charged with killing his wife to stand trial in Colorado | 9news.com

8/9/21

Suzanne Morphew had a two-year long affair before she disappeared from Salida in May of 2020, according to Cmdr. Alex Walker of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Department.

Walker, who led the investigation into Morphew’s disappearance, was the first witness in Barry Morphew’s preliminary hearing.

According to Walker, Suzanne Morphew "met up" at least six times with her boyfriend in New Orleans, Texas, Indiana and Florida. Walker testified that when the boyfriend met with the FBI in November, six months after Suzanne disappeared, he was told that he was not a target of the investigation.

[..]

Suzanne’s bicycle was found around 7 p.m. the same day, not far from the Morphews' house. Her bike helmet was found four days later less than a mile away just off Route 50. It was undamaged.

Walker said when deputies found Suzanne's bicycle, they found no damage to the bike, no skid marks leading to the bike, no signs of a struggle, no blood and no torn clothes.

Walker also testified that Suzanne suspected that Barry was having an affair but, in fact, there is no evidence that he was.

Lauren Scharf[URL='https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV']@LaurenScharfTV[/URL]
TEXT: SM -"I feel bad. I don’t want to cause him to have to do this. There’s just become a point that the reality of what never been there is sovereign…. And I’ve accepted what is… he can’t change the core person you know? Makes me wonder what the young me was thinking."

Ashley Franco[URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]17 m
Sheila and #SuzanneMorphew talked about a time when Suzanne would talk about leaving #BarryMorphew would ask her who would pay for her medical bills from her cancer treatments.
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco@AshleyKKTV 4m
#BarryMorphew would allegedly not talk to #SuzanneMorphew about divorce. In a text to her friend she said he begged for another chance, she was torn but said "in my hear I know who he is." @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]8m
Sheila and #SuzanneMorphew talked about how Suzanne's youngest, Macy, encouraged her to get a divorce and said that Suzanne should get a restraining order against #BarryMorphew if she needed. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]10m
Sheila told SA Harris that #SuzanneMorphew was in the middle of her chemo treatments while she and #BarryMorphew were fighting. @KKTV11News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jitto120