Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barry didn’t know of the affair, why would his mom say something soon after SM’s disappearance about an affair? Unless the thinking is he found out immediately after he killed her?
I haven't heard that Barry didn't know about it. Suzanne may not have told anyone but that doesn't mean he couldn't have found out on his own. I doubt he'd ever admit it since it provides him with a motive.

Thoughts are with Suzanne's family, friends and daughters today.
Am processing everything new learnt so far.
Massive thanks to all those sharing the tweets, and of course to @NoSI - hope you're doing OK in that courtroom, just reading all the info being shared here is mind boggling for me at times, but to be sat in there, must be difficult feeling the atmosphere, seeing and hearing everything /everyone and being so close to Suzanne's daughters :(

#hereforsuzanne like the rest of you wonderful people but am really late for the roll call :rolleyes:

dont cars have a “black box” so to speak? I’m curious also because my car alerts me when my doors or trunk are open.. perhaps cars with that capability and a “black box” type thing tracks it all?
My vehicle (2021) keeps a record of every trip I have made from the time I picked it up at the dealership. I can view on an app.

There is an option to clear history, but I think it is interesting to scroll through and see the drives I have made.

Not necessarily. While the deputy says SM didn't tell anyone, it doesn't mean BM couldn't have figured it out. In my opinion, though, I don't think BM knew about the relationship between SM and JL. I feel like he would have used this information (bike accident! No, it was a bobcat! No, it was an abduction! No, she ran off with a lover!) JMOO
Agree. Not telling anyone and "people" finding out are two very different things.

This is a little OT but do all new cars have that technology that can tell when you are opening and closing doors? That's creepy IMO
I read about a case a few years ago of a woman in Georgia or the Carolinas that had a “missing “ child and they found she dumped their body by her car’s black box showing where she had opened doors and for how long. I think the woman was single Mom and in the Military.
I tried googling to find it and wish I hadn’t. All kinds of awful came up. But I don’t think her vehicle was all that new or fancy. JMO

If Barry didn’t know of the affair, why would his mom say something soon after SM’s disappearance about an affair? Unless the thinking is he found out immediately after he killed her?
Or immediately before he killed her? Maybe he let something slip to Mom, but had to to wait for the detectives to find it?

BM had no real success in Indiana. <baseball or $$$> He surely wanted to get the heck out of there quickly.
BM pressured Suzanne to move to CO, probably using her daughter going to school there as a tool to force her.
Used Suzanne's money to finance the move and restart his 'business' which I would love to see the financials for btw.
Suzanne's cancer had come back, BM was unsupportive, hell he didn't even go to her treatments. She felt trapped, unloved, worried about her health, etc.

With the girls being gone that weekend and talking a lot to her friend about the upcoming wedding, I think she may have asked BM for a divorce and her money to move back to IN. He murdered her Saturday afternoon, disposed of evidence, and maybe even her body, on his way to 'Broomfield for his job'.

It's all about the money for BM, always.

MOO

I assume it's the same truck he drove to Denver in. Sounds like he left earlier than he said he did when he claimed he left Suzanne sleeping in bed.
Yes! He he left at 5 then arriving about 8 would be perfect time wise. But, he left early so that extra 2 hours 15 minutes seems to be helpful to get rid of Suzanne and continue on to where he said he was for his alibi. So he couldn't have detoured more than 1 hour off his route to his job site.

Yeah but he could have realized how easy it would be for the other guy to have a solid alibi so maybe he knew that wasn’t the best course of action...or the best fake story to tell..
Good point. But then he could have offered the theory that if she had one affair, certainly she could have others. Painting SM in a negative light, suggesting other potential perps (look over there, not here!), and making himself look like the betrayed, faithful husband... it checks a lot of spots on the narcissist Bingo card. jmoo

If they were having 5 hour phone convos, it was more of a mental/emotional connection, most likely.

They both were married, with children, so they couldn't have many physical meet ups, logistically. I don't think she cared about that so much. I think she was looking for an emotionally deep connection.
I thought only the 2 times in Indiana but just saw this on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/crimetalkpod/status/1424766004786352128?s=21
Took investigators until November 2020 to find out about the affair with Jeff Libler (spelling?) and Suzanne Morphew. The affair was going on for two years. They secretly met up 6 times in New Orleans, Michigan, Texas, Indiana (2x) and Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member