Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped>
Nielsen read a section of Barry’s arrest affidavit on the prosecution’s theory, which included data from Barry’s Ford 350 truck. The affidavit reads, as read by Nielsen: From 2:47 p.m. May 9 until 5:37 a.m. May 10, he took steps to dispose of evidence of Suzanne’s disappearance and death.

There was some talk about the accuracy of this data in the courtroom.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair

Suzanne's phone no longer pinged or had any activity after I think it was 4:30 am. Barry had to have had the phone wherever he was at that time, otherwise, why did it turn off or stop having any activity?
If we learn that phone was traveling, then it’s game over.

Suzanne was sleeping, and her phone shouldn’t have gone dark at that time anyway. So either way it’s bad, but the former is devastating.

I posted something like that in last thread.

I am hoping others may remember it too---I remember we talked about it here---what Barry's mom had said---I was actually 'outraged' that she made an accusation like that against Suzanne at the time....

I only remember 'the shape' of the incident but I want to try and track it down/ Does anyone remember the name of the guy that pretended to run into Barry, and he recorded him secretly, supposedly anyway---and Barry went on and on about his searches for his wife, and about his military friend who had searched hundreds of square miles or whatever exaggeration he said....

Well, IIRC, as they were walking back to their trucks, Barry's mom was sitting in his truck, and the you-tube guy made small talk with her, and asked some question about where SM might have gone if she had run off or something---and Mama made a wisecrack about 'IDK, you'd have to ask someone who really knows her---' or something like that---I cant remember exact language---

Except I do remember we were talking about why B's Mama would be making accusations like that. I thought B had just told his mom bad stuff to make himself look better...

This may be what you are looking for. Tyson Draper video.
YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on

The girls must be embarrassed finding out about their mother's affair, but I assume their Grandma informed them before this. Now the big question is, was there anyone in Colorado Suzanne saw?
The last thing Suzanne saw in Colorado was her husband ending her life. That’s likely the most embarrassing thing for the Morphew family.

I would imagine that she wouldn't tell him about the affair.
I think she probably felt that that part would really send him over the edge, and/or he'd refuse a divorce.
But it's possible that he found out about the affair otherwise.
jmoo

Such as by having access to Suzanne's imessages or FB messages in real time, as I think he did. Suzanne was hinting or speaking openly about divorce and although she may not have mentioned an affair, there was probably something in between the lines.

She would have had to be very diligent about hiding how she was communicating with her friend in MI. There may have been a recent slip-up. Anyway, I believe Barry knew IMO (and if it was an emotional affair, that can be even more devastating to some people than a purely sexual fling).

I am not sure about that. Suzanne may have not told anyone but Barry may have "found" out in another way.
If it took LE until November to find out about the affair - did Suzanne have two phones? How could she have had 6+ hour conversations with someone and LE not know who that person was? Assuming this was a phone conversation - or were they physically together?

I'm curious if apps like Whatsapp can show who you are talking to? I used that to communicate with my husband while he was in Korea because it was free and we could video, regular call, text over wifi. I don't know what those records would look like if LE tired to get them. Might be harder to tell the same info as text and regular cell calls or texts would.

If we learn that phone was traveling, then it’s game over.

Suzanne was sleeping, and her phone shouldn’t have gone dark at that time anyway. So either way it’s bad, but the former is devastating.

Right? This seems like really important info to me. I keep finding little bread crumbs everywhere I read has different ones, not contradictory just more details on certain things.

Right? This seems like really important info to me. I keep finding little bread crumbs everywhere I read has different ones, not contradictory just more details on certain things.
There will be an expert called to address the cell phone evidence specifically. It’s usually an FBI agent. It was so important in the Berreth case that I still remember the guy they used (Kevin Holyland).

If Barry didn’t know of the affair, why would his mom say something soon after SM’s disappearance about an affair? Unless the thinking is he found out immediately after he killed her?
I agree. There is a disconnect here for me.Not to mention, they knew one another from high school. People talk. May come out later that some people suspected. Old classmates, etc.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member