Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait until they touch on this:

The affidavit reads, as read by Nielsen: From 2:47 p.m. May 9 until 5:37 a.m. May 10, he took steps to dispose of evidence of Suzanne’s disappearance and death.

Surveillance footage will likely be key here.
Interesting that 5:37am time would be right for him leaving to drive to his job site and arriving around 8am.. so I'm thinking her body is closer to her home than his job site or that time would likely be later if they had reason to believe he dumped her closer to there. I believe the drive was about 2 hours without traffic so 2 1/2 with seems reasonable. I'm sure he had plenty of good sites closer to home he came across when hunting.

Would there be info on whether or not both doors opened on Barry's truck? No blood evidence in the house has we wondering again if he might have taken SM from the house alive and killed her elsewhere? LE was interested in one of Barry's guns if I remember right? What does everyone think - killed in the house (strangled, smothered) or killed elswhere? MOO.

I'm leaning killed elsewhere. I think they said that the passenger door in the truck opened on Saturday afternoon at around 2:45 pm and that's the last evidence they have of Suzanne being alive.

The driver's door opened at about the same time. So the two of them got into the truck and went...somewhere.

Perhaps only one came back. And that "somewhere" is where the extensive searching (including mine shafts) is going on.

This might sound terrible and I don’t condone cheating... but I do hope that JL was a source of comfort to SM being that we know she had issues at home and with her health. We all know things were likely agonizing in that marriage...but to measure how bad it was, it ended in murder. One that seems to have been planned and wasn’t sloppy... Idk. Just saying I hope she had times of not being so alone..
Sounds to me like this person provided SM with much needed emotional support during her last round of cancer. This while BM chastizing SM about medical MJ and anti-depressants. MOO (AM stated earlier BM discouraged SM medical Rx).

Lauren Scharf[URL='https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV']@LaurenScharfTV[/URL]
Agent Harris mentioned that Sheila told him in 2018, Barry allegedly pushed Suzanne into a closet and put a gun to his head and asked her if this is what she wanted.

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
Back to text messages between Suzanne and her best friend Sheila Oliver. Suzanne told Sheila didn't know what would set Barry off. Agent Harris said Suzanne told Sheila that when Barry turned off his phone that she had a suspicion of him having an affair

Exactly my point. This isn't a bombshell. It isn't even a drop in the bucket. There HAS to be more. The case will not hinge on this and if it does, the prosecution doesn't have a case.

If this was all they had, he would have been arrested in the fall. Something more happened closer to spring that put the scale over the tipping point to go for the arrest. I can't wait to hear it. He was a busy little bee selling property and possessions. He messed up somewhere this past spring and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. This is just likely the things that made the detectives raise their eyebrows at Barry early on!

Replying to
@stephaniebutzer
Harris said at one point, Barry put a gun to Suzanne's head and asked, "Is this what you want?" He had also pinned her to the bed. She threatened to call police, Harris said. He added Barry was worried about how others saw their marriage & wanted "to come out looking good."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper