Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #68 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, you don't know that. I think distance and the fact thhat they were both married probably played into how often they saw each other. My point was. DV victims do NOT put themselves at more risk by having affairs. They just don't.
I'm not sure any one of us can definitively say what an individual suffering DV may or may not do.

The defence didn't need to, did they? The Prosecution revealed the information.
No, the defense brought it up.

Replying to
@CarolAMcKinley
BOMBSHELL: Upon cross examination it's revealed that #SuzanneMorphew bought a spy pen to catch #BarryMorphew in a suspected affair. No evidence of that. Instead it was Suzanne who was in a 2 year affair. She & lover met for 6 times and had 100 hrs of secret phone calls.
@ABC2020

I’m somewhat surprised at the number out of state trips SM made to meet up with JL. I really wouldn’t expect BM to be agreeable with that much alone travel, considering how controlling he is! Moo

Yes, and if she said she was going to visit her girlfriends, would he check her social media to see if she posted photos, etc.?

I have just one question after getting to the end of the thousandth message tonight. What time and date was the Hotel room in Broomfield reserved ? Thanks Everyone for all of the updates, could never have gotten through the hearing without you all. You all rock!
I don't believe it was talked about or verified yesterday IIRC

<snipped from Oviedo's link above>

Investigators say they were paying close attention to Barry Morphew’s statements early on. He told law enforcement that he left for work that Mother’s Day morning at 5 a.m. But the arrest affidavit states that based on Barry Morphew's Telematics report on his truck, law enforcement allege "from 2:47 p.m. May 9 until 5:37 a.m. May 10, he took steps to dispose of evidence of Suzanne’s disappearance and death."
Supports the charging document:

COUNT 1-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE (F1) Between and including May 9, 2020 and May 10, 2020, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Suzanne Renee Morphew; in violation of section 18-3- 102(1)(a), C.R.S.

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2021/05/21CR78-Morphew-Complaint.pdf

There may have been a couple of “eager” WSers post that exact info yesterday by misunderstanding what was being tweeted via different reporters. There were a couple of times yesterday some conflicting information was translated in tweets
1) distance of helmet from bike
2) 2 truck doors closing
3) timing of 2:47 pm Saturday translated to 2:47 am Sunday

Those are just a few of the distinct discrepancies I can recall quickly. Moo.
I try to look at several tweets to find correct info, not easy to do when fast moving threads are posting.

Anyone….Who is the most accurate twitter account to follow? TIA
MOO
Nielsen read a section of Barry’s arrest affidavit on the prosecution’s theory, which included data from Barry’s Ford 350 truck. The affidavit reads, as read by Nielsen: From 2:47 p.m. May 9 until 5:37 a.m. May 10, he took steps to dispose of evidence of Suzanne’s disappearance and death.

ETA This Timeline on when Suzanne was last heard from-
Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
THE LAST COMMUNICATION FROM SUZANNE was at 14:11 PM on May 9 between her and Jeff Libler on Linked In.

At the end of his testimony, Stanley asked Walker to confirm Barry claimed he left his home for Broomfield at 5 a.m. on May 10. Walker said this was true. Stanley also confirmed through him that the data in Barry’s truck showed “door activity” at 3:26 a.m.

Bringing forward some key dates & times from yesterday-

No, the defense brought it up.

Replying to
@CarolAMcKinley
BOMBSHELL: Upon cross examination it's revealed that #SuzanneMorphew bought a spy pen to catch #BarryMorphew in a suspected affair. No evidence of that. Instead it was Suzanne who was in a 2 year affair. She & lover met for 6 times and had 100 hrs of secret phone calls.
@ABC2020
Thank you @Gardenista this is what I recalled as well. They want to disparage her reputation IMO. And so many sleuthers appear to be drinking their Kool-ade. She is the victim. period.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members