Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt Suzanne would be in charge of maintaining the hottub when her husband is the landscaper - ie: she didn't send that message
On a similar note of disbelief we already suspect Barry was putting his phone on airplane mode when he didn’t want Suzanne to know where he was or when he was near so why would he send her a text advising her ahead of time that he was coming home? IMO this is bizarre

Defense trying to disprove investigator's theory, that erratic cell phone pings on May 9th from #BarryMorphew's home was him chasing Suzanne around the house before killing her. Defense says Barry went to get his hot tub fixed shortly after. Shop employee confirms.
@CBSDenver
https://twitter.com/JamieALeary/status/1425217220234268676

How very terrifying for Suzanne to be relaxed and smiling on the sundeck then running to hide from Barry as he chased her with a tranquilizer gun.
#DeathPenalty

I don't know if this has been posted. Are we assuming that the TOD is between 2:44 p.m. (last selfie sent to JL) and 2:47 p.m. (Barry's phone set to airplane mode)?

I figure that he returned home unexpectedly and caught her sending that selfie. That's when he murdered her.

IMO, Barry knew that Suzanne was serious and his threats and manipulations would no longer work. We have a family member who went through a similar split-up with a narcissist. It is amazing how they follow almost the exact same script.

We were afraid for the woman's safety, but she made it out alive. The wife was the breadwinner and also did everything around the house and for the kids.. He was an unbearable know-it-all.

He held on tight, called all of her relatives to badmouth her and play the victim, put tracking on her car and phone, badmouthed her to the kids and is still doing so to this day.

He intimidated her, threatened her, refused to leave the home, called police on her. He even urinated in her Keurig machine.

The divorce dragged on for almost two years when there were no complicated assets involved. He just didn't want to get a real job or let go of his cushy lifestyle. Thank goodness she got out alive.

Sorry that Suzanne was unable to do the same. With Suzanne, bigger bucks were at stake. Barry is probably cringing at having to spend it on lawyers now. I call that poetic justice.

It's sad; however, I don't think that the girls will ever waiver in their allegiance to their father, no matter what.

JMO.
In hindsight....it appears that a divorce lawyer would have been cheaper for Barry than a criminal defense lawyer...But then again...his ego may have superceded his love for $$$. Who knows?

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 2m
Defense is arguing that #BarryMorphew phone could be staying still in one spot- when the former agent says his phone was pinging on several places on the outside of the house. Defense says it could've been in one place- Grusing says "That's why we asked him what he was doing."
I know I'm really behind.
But I want to comment on this post.
Defense makes a good point. Gruising reply "That's why we asked him what he was doing."

Barry tells them he is moving around the back yard shooting chipmunkss.

Well THAT deflates defense's "phone could be staying still in one spot"...

They should have done their homework better.

Last edited:
Defense makes a good point. Cruising reply "That's why we asked him what he was doing."

And we don’t even have his phone google searches yet - Wonder what those may reveal?

Defense makes a good point. Cruising reply "That's why we asked him what he was doing."

The whole notion of going home to make the wife happy, but instead opts to shoot chipmunks at that time is a hard one to connect.

Agree, they are contradicting their clients statement to the police.

On May 9, Text messages:
9:50 BM: Wanna go on a hike?
9:52 SM: where? (no response) Later on, asking about summer tires on range rover?
10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike? 12 minutes later
10:48 BM:No, coming home
SM: Get Hottub stuff

Ok, so this is where MG and her comment that Barry quit work early "to go home and make the wife happy, go hiking or biking".

Is this also where the Chlorine purchase and him being seen in town comes in?
Ok, so maybe he bought the chlorine for the hot tub?

Chlorine or Bromine? Choosing the Hot Tub Best Sanitizer
https://www.masterspas.com › blog › chlorine-or-bromi...

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member