Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Reich says they already know the next part of the Prelim Hearing will not be broadcast on WebEx.
(Unsure about a live stream at the fairgrounds.)

https://twitter.com/CrimeTalkPod/status/1425232369376587779
I think he’s just reminding his viewers. He goes on to say “at the Fairgrounds, unsure.”
It never has been available on WebEx except the 40-50 people at Fairgrounds ( which they should be calling an overflow courtroom ) and family members.
JMO

I do think these text exchanges are really BM & SM. My first thought when SM said - get hot tub stuff, she was nervous and said this to disarm BM, distract him. He just told her he’s coming home (no, coming home). They are both suspicious of each other, SM wants out. I think she was testing his mood. I don’t at all think she wanted to relax in the hot tub with him. IMO

On May 9, Text messages:
9:50 BM: Wanna go on a hike?
9:52 SM: where? (no response)
Later on, asking about summer tires on range rover?
10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike?
12 minutes later
10:48 BM:No, coming home
SM: Get Hottub stuff

She probably wanted to send him on an errand so he would be away from home longer. JMO

Also, given what we’ve learned and my own experience as a husband, this text exchange doesn’t make sense to me:

On May 9, Text messages: 9:50
BM: Wanna go on a hike? 9:52
SM: where? (no response) Later on, asking about summer tires on range rover? 10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike? 12 minutes later 10:48
BM:No, coming home

1. Why on earth would SM want to follow up on going on a hike with BM? By all accounts they were on the brink of divorce, she was afraid of him, and didn’t want to be around him. Why circle back on going for a hike? Especially when BM is supposed to have a full day of work at the job site.

2. Get hottub stuff? As a husband who frequently gets shopping requests from my wife, her requests are very specific. Get Skim Milk and a box of cheesits. Not ‘get kid drink stuff and pantry stuff’. This feels more like BM trying to be intentionally vague so that he doesn’t blow is charade.
I luv your thought process but didn't she have her phone on the 9th sunbathing taking pictures of herself at 2:11pm?
Maybe I have the date wrong.

I do think these text exchanges are really BM & SM. My first thought when SM said - get hot tub stuff, she was nervous and said this to disarm BM, distract him. He just told her he’s coming home (no, coming home). They are both suspicious of each other, SM wants out. I think she was testing his mood. I don’t at all think she wanted to relax in the hot tub with him. IMO

On May 9, Text messages:
9:50 BM: Wanna go on a hike?
9:52 SM: where? (no response)
Later on, asking about summer tires on range rover?
10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike?
12 minutes later
10:48 BM:No, coming home

I agree, I think they were just tersely communicating about household things. If we need dog food and I'm annoyed at my husband, we still need dog food. After 20 years Suzanne was probably good at holding in her emotions in order to still live in a functioning house. Even if she wants to leave, they still need to change the tires and clean the hot tub. I really don't read much into it.

After learning more details from the prelim. I'd like to hear whether everyone feels Barry planned in advance to kill Suzanne that day?
Without a doubt. He moved around way too smoothly, and took measures to cover his tracks. It was as if he was following a script.

The problem he faced though, is you can’t think of everything, and he’s not as smart as he thinks he is:

The trash dumps, the lie about working when he was in his room for 5 hours, the tranquilizer cap, and the avoidable mistake of actually putting himself in the vicinity of the bike location.

The chipmunk story took him a staggering 9 months to come up with, and he’d have been better served by being quiet.

I am very intrigued by one thing though:

Barry’s admission that he was throwing away tranquilizer materials. Something compelling must have forced him to come clean there, especially when he couldn’t remember what else he threw away (other than the boots).

I think it was more than explaining the cap, as he could have said he didn’t know where the wrappers or whatever it was, was disposed of.

After learning more details from the prelim. I'd like to hear whether everyone feels Barry planned in advance to kill Suzanne that day?
I was tossed about if he planned it for that day but I do think he had a plan in place. At first I thought Mother's Day weekend would not give him enough time to cover it up but then I changed my mind and that was why he did it Mother's Day weekend so that he didn't have to report her missing, his girls would be looking for her and he could hide behind that.

eta What a run on sentence, lol!

I vote yes, especially, if he snuck up on her with a dart gun.

I also think that it takes a fair amount of planning to cover your tracks, no matter how good or how poorly the plans are executed.

JMO.

So what is the defense play here?

Suzanne was home Saturday sending selfies.
Barry came home, she was drunk.
He starting shooting chipmunks around the house.
Hot tub evening with Suzanne.
Suzanne friends older men on FB til midnight.
Barry rides around in the middle of the night.
Goes on to work on a Sunday where he can’t legally work.
Watches Fox News and basketball in a hotel.
Cleans out his car in 6 different trash cans.
While Suzanne rides her bike and gets abducted by a mountain lion who takes her to Ecuador.

Is this the gist of it?
Don’t forget billing.

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]39m
Prosecution says they still have witnesses to still call, only 3 have been called. He believes those 3 are the “meat and potatoes” for this hearing BUT still would like to call other witnesses. He says defense is taking too long and he doesn’t know if it’ll be done in 4 days

So what is the defense play here?

Suzanne was home Saturday sending selfies.
Barry came home, she was drunk.
He starting shooting chipmunks around the house.
Hot tub evening with Suzanne.
Suzanne friends older men on FB til midnight.
Barry rides around in the middle of the night.
Goes on to work on a Sunday where he can’t legally work.
Watches Fox News and basketball in a hotel.
Cleans out his car in 6 different trash cans.
While Suzanne rides her bike and gets abducted by a mountain lion who takes her to Ecuador.

Is this the gist of it?
I love you for this recap!! Absolutely perfect! LMAO

I don't. I think he was planning to do what he's done for the past years and gaslight, guilt, and threaten Suzanne to convince her to stay married. I think he came home and saw her sending pictures of herself in a bikini to her boyfriend and lost it. It can still be premeditated and Murder 1, I just don't think it was planned. He may have dreamed about it but I don't think there was a date on the calendar.

If it was planned, I would have thought someone with access to numerous construction sites would have had a plan for disposing of whatever he threw away in ** 5 ** garbage cans in public places with surveillance. There's no normal answer for why you visit 5 different garbage cans.

I think after it happened he decided he would pretend to be working that day and go out to the worksite and hotel.

If he booked the hotel earlier, then you have evidence of planning. But I think they would have said that already if it were true.

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]34m
That wraps up the first half of the preliminary hearing for #BarryMorphew. We’ll be back in a few weeks. #SuzanneMorphew @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]37m
Reminder- Prelim is supposed to continue August 23 and 24. Judge says he’s not sure if they’ll continue the livestream at the Chaffee County Fairgrounds because there haven’t been many people showing up. @KKTV11News #SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]38m
Judge says he’s going to keep defense tight on time because they’re taking fairly longer than the prosecution. Judge is worried this won’t be done in 4 total days. Defense says they understand they have to be shorter.@KKTV11News
#SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member