Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow....that is a major league smack down.....
One thing that strikes me about the defense’s line of questioning is just how sloppily (vaguely) they are wording their technical inquiries. Messages, email’s, texts, SMS, IM’s, PM’s, etc., all have slightly different connotations that matter. The same for location services, WiFi, gps, and cellular, etc. The same again for EVD (electronic vehicle data) discussions.

IMO, the respondents are (rightfully) taking liberties with their abbreviated answers to the defense in order to protect just how much they really do know — saving it for trial.

I’m seeing holes in the questions and that the answers supplied are taking advantage of them.

Works for me. Don’t answer what you weren’t asked. Don’t share what you don’t have to.

But the trial may come down to which team has the best tech skills. Which can best translate that tech-speak into lay-language And if a jury that “gets it” is seated.

MOO.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

·
1m

According to an employee at Salida Stove and Spa, Neilsen said from an interview with investigator Derek Graham #BarryMorphew visited on May 9 between 4 and 5:30 p.m. That there was nothing unusual about his demeanor.
Couldn’t he have just taken a different vehicle, or a dirt bike? That would be a way for him to cover his tracks.

I'm surprised the Judge didn't just say he believes the state has established probable cause and call it. It seems like they have enough to me. They would have gotten an indictment in front of a grand jury IMO. Whether they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt to jurors is a different question.

Ever since MG mentioned it to LS, I always thought it was Suzanne wanting Barry to come home to go on an outing with her. I think I thought that because MG was surprised and said she expected to work all day, but Barry cut it short at 11am and gave her the now infamous "make the wife happy/hiking or biking" excuse.

Now we learn, it's Barry that initiated that convo with Suzanne via text. Am I the only one who always just assumed it was the other way around?
Again, I know I'm behind on the pages. However what Ontario just said--- doesn't that deflate that bm was texting bm? I mean I really like the idea that he was spoofing.
But if mg is with bm before 11 then BM can't be using her phone and texting. Right?

So what is the defense play here?

Suzanne was home Saturday sending selfies.
Barry came home, she was drunk.
He starting shooting chipmunks around the house.
Hot tub evening with Suzanne.
Suzanne friends older men on FB til midnight.
Barry rides around in the middle of the night.
Goes on to work on a Sunday where he can’t legally work.
Watches Fox News and basketball in a hotel.
Cleans out his car in 6 different trash cans.
While Suzanne rides her bike and gets abducted by a mountain lion who takes her to Ecuador.

Is this the gist of it?

https://twitter.com/greg_nieto/status/1425211556074164227?s=21

During Cross...#BarryMorphew defense team trying establish there is no way he could make his way to so many spots, May 9 & May 10. No way he had the time to commit the crime.
One thing that strikes me about the defense’s line of questioning is just how sloppily (vaguely) they are wording their technical inquiries. Messages, email’s, texts, SMS, IM’s, PM’s, etc., all have slightly different connotations that matter. The same for location services, WiFi, gps, and cellular, etc. The same again for EVD (electronic vehicle data) discussions.

IMO, the respondents are (rightfully) taking liberties with their abbreviated answers to the defense in order to protect just how much they really do know — saving it for trial.

I’m seeing holes in the questions and that the answers supplied are taking advantage of them.

Works for me. Don’t answer what you weren’t asked. Don’t share what you don’t have to.

But the trial may come down to which team has the best tech skills. Which can best translate that tech-speak into lay-language And if a jury that “gets it” is seated.

MOO.
Also what about bringing their own Cellubrite analysis.
Grusing hasn't used Cellubrite so the whole cross is meaningless until it's correlated to the program the FBI IS using.

While Suzanne rides her bike and gets abducted by a mountain lion who takes her to Ecuador.

Is this the gist of it?

LOL yup, pretty much that's their defense :D:D:D

I do think these text exchanges are really BM & SM. My first thought when SM said - get hot tub stuff, she was nervous and said this to disarm BM, distract him. He just told her he’s coming home (no, coming home). They are both suspicious of each other, SM wants out. I think she was testing his mood. I don’t at all think she wanted to relax in the hot tub with him. IMO

On May 9, Text messages:
9:50 BM: Wanna go on a hike?
9:52 SM: where? (no response)
Later on, asking about summer tires on range rover?
10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike?
12 minutes later
10:48 BM:No, coming home
SM: Get Hottub stuff

Is this the gist of it?
I was gonna say you left out the Bobcat but you got in the mountain lion, so I'll give you a break. Lolllllll

I do think these text exchanges are really BM & SM. My first thought when SM said - get hot tub stuff, she was nervous and said this to disarm BM, distract him. He just told her he’s coming home (no, coming home). They are both suspicious of each other, SM wants out. I think she was testing his mood. I don’t at all think she wanted to relax in the hot tub with him. IMO

On May 9, Text messages:
9:50 BM: Wanna go on a hike?
9:52 SM: where? (no response)
Later on, asking about summer tires on range rover?
10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike?
12 minutes later
10:48 BM:No, coming home
SM: Get Hottub stuff
Agree. MOO Spa Store is in Poncha Springs on the way from Salida, slows him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice