Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah, for the prelim. But eventually they need to convince a jury.

Yep, I'm aware but I've had my doubts since the beginning. The doubts are going away but more slowly than they should be. There was more evidence on Casey Anthony and she walked with a less credentialed attorney than BM has. Also that wasn't a no-body case. We'll see what else gets presented and what's in the AA. I hope I'm wrong.

Casey Anthony was a fluke due to the punitive sequestering of the jury. They didn’t even find her guilty of any of the multiple lesser includeds like child neglect because any of those would have resulted in more sequestration.

In any event, no body cases are famously strong cases as the prosecution isn’t going to bring it if they don’t have the evidence, knowing that a jury will need a lot of evidence to convict without a body.

Most cases are circumstantial.

Was just going to say this. Yes, most cases are circumstantial to be fair. But this is a lot of nothing and speculation so far.
forensic data on BM's truck isn't circumstantial nor is a dart cap.

Yes, legally they are. A case is really only not circumstantial when there is a direct witness to a crime.

Doesn't sound like her sister Melinda to me. And her sister has never spoken about any texts before Friday morning. IIRRC
She may have but obviously couldn't reveal them as they were part of the investigation. I think she may have wanted to pray first before giving a response.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

·
Aug 10
Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
On May 9, Text messages: 9:50 BM: Wanna go on a hike? 9:52 SM: where? (no response) Later on, asking about summer tires on range rover? 10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike? 12 minutes later 10:48 BM:No, coming home SM: Get Hottub stuff
and this is the 'make the wife happy" stuff? Saturday? the big set up apparently. JMO

We will have to disagree on DNA and fingerprints being circumstantial. In most cases, they are definitive proof.

That’s not what circumstantial means. DNA and fingerprints are circumstantial. There is no category called “definitive proof”. The other category is called direct proof. It needs no interpretation to explain it. Circumstantial evidence does. You have to interpret the DNA evidence. And the fingerprints. You need experts to explain what is there.

Casey Anthony was a fluke due to the punitive sequestering of the jury. They didn’t even find her guilty of any of the multiple lesser includeds like child neglect because any of those would have resulted in more sequestration.

In any event, no body cases are famously strong cases as the prosecution isn’t going to bring it if they don’t have the evidence, knowing that a jury will need a lot of evidence to convict without a body.
Years ago here on this very forum, posters were convinced that Casey Anthony would be convicted. That case had a body. Ineptitude by the prosecutor was the issue in that case. IMO, this case so far is very similar. I haven't heard anything that's made me think differently yet. I am hoping to however.

So I guess none of that trash was searched in time?

I am wondering if the investigators have searched landfill for the bags, if they were all dumped in the general Broomfield area they may have all gone to one landfill site.

This is not sounding good. (Just read many, many tweets, as it it is very early morning here.)
Tranquiliser cap.
What sounds like a lot of time spent in the house with his phone on airplane mode.
What sounds like a lot of time loading up his truck.
Stops at at least 5 different dumpsters.
A possible attempt to clear his truck's data - power off, system reboot.

Was Suzanne tranquilised, murdered, and dumped in various garbage bags around Broomfield? :(

So, did he plan to hike with her to the place he had pre-prepared to dump her? But she wasn't having it, so he tranquilized her and drove her there?

I'm confused about when exactly he wiped the truck's motherboard.

Years ago here on this very forum, posters were convinced that Casey Anthony would be convicted. That case had a body. Ineptitude by the prosecutor was the issue in that case. IMO, this case so far is very similar. I haven't heard anything that's made me think differently yet. I am hoping to however.

How was it ineptitud by the prosecution?

@MarkSallinger
On May 6, Suzanne sent text to Barry: “I’m done. I could care less what you’re up to and have been for years. We just need to figure this out civilly.” FBI investigator says Barry responded with texts that detailed suicidal thoughts This was 4 days before Suzanne went missing

3:40 PM · Aug 10, 2021·Twitter Web App
It was also the day BEFORE he notified the company in Indiana that he would be working on the Broomfield wall starting the next Monday (the day after he actually went up there).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08