Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just going to say this. Yes, most cases are circumstantial to be fair. But this is a lot of nothing and speculation so far.

Yes, legally they are. A case is really only not circumstantial when there is a direct witness to a crime.

I don’t think it’s a lot of nothing so far.

She’s told the bloke that she’s leaving him.
She has a list of 50 grievances against him.
She tells her sister he is physically and emotionally abusive.
His response to her statement that it’s over is suicidal threats.

When her husband comes home the day before she is reported missing, she is texting her secret boyfriend.
Her husband roams around the perimeter of the house before going inside, while she is communicating with the boyfriend. He later says he was shooting chipmunks.
After he comes inside, there is no further communication from Suzanne, ever.

Barry then spends a bunch of time placing his phone in and out of airplane mode and going in and out of the truck. His truck is later possibly in the vicinity of where Suzanne’s bike or helmet are later located.
He leaves early morning for a trip out of town to do a job on Mother’s Day, Sunday, a day when he knows construction is not allowed in that area.

He makes multiple stops before and during and after the hotel at various, different trash dumpsters and is seen disposing of materials, stuffing them down in the containers and the repeatedly changing clothes, in the early hours of the day she is reported missing.

He changes his story about what he was doing omg he hotel or where he was when a neighbor called about Suzanne. He is cagey about what he was throwing away, saying he does not remember.

This is big evidence.

Years ago here on this very forum, posters were convinced that Casey Anthony would be convicted. That case had a body. Ineptitude by the prosecutor was the issue in that case. IMO, this case so far is very similar. I haven't heard anything that's made me think differently yet. I am hoping to however.
Sure he could get off. Would that be your preferred outcome?

It's not obvious to me. Her interviews gave me the impression the Friday morning text was a surprise not a continuation of a heads up about the abuse. JMO
Exactly. I think you may have misunderstood?

ETA: Sorry it was me that misunderstood. I shouldn't have said they meaning plural texts, but rather just the one.

The windshield. Early May in Maysville and beyond. Is there a clue there about his parking habits? Under incontinent birds? Below flowering somethings? Layer of pollen that might narrow where he'd been parked?

JMO

He's trying to get her out of town and in the woods. Wow. Was Barry a hiker? Is this the first time he asked her to go on a hike? Makes me wonder if he planned to do something to her in the Great Outdoors--or did. How perfect would that be? You prepare a spot ahead of time, and then you lure your victim there. I might have missed it, but have they said where they think the murder happened?

The hang up is he passed on that opportunity if I understand this correctly:
10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike? 12 minutes later
10:48 BM:No, coming home

I don’t think it’s a lot of nothing so far.

She’s told the bloke that she’s leaving him.
She has a list of 50 grievances against him.
She tells her sister he is physically and emotionally abusive.
His response to her statement that it’s over is suicidal threats.

When her husband comes home the day before she is reported missing, she is texting her secret boyfriend.
Her husband roams around the perimeter of the house before going inside, while she is communicating with the boyfriend. He later says he was shooting chipmunks.
After he comes inside, there is no further communication from Suzanne, ever.

Barry then spends a bunch of time placing his phone in and out of airplane mode and going in and out of the truck. His truck is later possibly in the vicinity of where Suzanne’s bike or helmet are later located.
He leaves early morning for a trip out of town to do a job on Mother’s Day, Sunday, a day when he knows construction is not allowed in that area.

He makes multiple stops before and during and after the hotel at various, different trash dumpsters and is seen disposing of materials, stuffing them down in the containers and the repeatedly changing clothes, in the early hours of the day she is reported missing.

He changes his story about what he was doing omg he hotel or where he was when a neighbor called about Suzanne. He is cagey about what he was throwing away, saying he does not remember.

This is big evidence.
Circumstantial yes but removes any reasonable doubt...

In her interviews days after BM was arrested, MBM stated that she replied to SM telling her she needed to pray before responding to SM's message and thanked her for being transparent. She also said she didn't believe SM was in imminent danger. MBM stated she saved the text and deleted the message from her phone to avoid accidentally forwarding the message to others.

However, as noted here months ago, MBM's later interviews (weeks after BM arrest) were much softer on BM and the couple's relationship. Her answers appeared rehearsed, perhaps scripted. MOO
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. There was something very odd to me about her sisters interview regarding SM and Barry. Very very odd. I've never been in an abusive relationship or had the kind of family dynamics that seemed to be going on within the Moorman family, so maybe that explains it? I couldn't figure out what her angle was or what she was doing or getting at. I can't even explain what I didn't understand because it was so confusing to me!

What? Cameras?
And... I don't mean to be Captain Obvious but... the boyfriend thing was pretty spot on, yeah?

Yeah .. that was what I was thinking. Why did she add this in the list when she knew it was true . Or it could be that she was preparing the list to give a divorce lawyer and that's why she had not mentioned abt JL to anyone.

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV

Replying to
@AshleyKKTV
and
@KKTV11News
Surveillance shows #BarryMorphew carrying multiple items to his hotel room. It appears from the photo shown that he has a grocery bag, several pieces of clothing and hiking boots.
@KKTV11News
#SuzanneMorphew

10:27 AM · Aug 10, 2021·

I didn't see the surveillance but I'm just not getting the idea here of BM carrying significant tools here that were cleaned/bleached after being used to kill and dismember. He's not using the luggage trolley and trade tools are typically sturdy, heavy.

We know that just before leaving the hotel on Sunday evening he asked if he could leave tools behind for his employees but he was already leaving then and had no time to wash/bleach this load. MOO
And it's hard to imagine that they wouldn't have found at least some blood evidence in the truck or on the tools or in the hotel if that was the case.

The hang up is he passed on that opportunity if I understand this correctly:
10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike? 12 minutes later
10:48 BM:No, coming home
Yes you're right! I just noticed that. Maybe he realized that it's a really bad idea to put into writing the last destination of your wife. Know what I mean? After he did it, he realized, hmm, that's probably not a good idea--it will lead anyone looking at these texts directly to the spot if they then look at GPS data. However, he might have come home and talked to her in person and said something completely different to convince her. In that case the text message would seem to mislead investigators. Then Susan mentioned the hot tub stuff. That leaves me to wonder about drowning. Eek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper