Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we don't know for sure what she was wearing, but it would seem what he brought to his room in Broomfield would be what she was wearing that day.

It was something teal, something dark colored and a light blue bag. This was what Lauren tweeted.

If so, that means Barry undressed his wife while she was ... unconscious or worse, dead?

I don't understand the need for him undressing his wife but lots of stuff Barry did doesn't make sense to me.

[Now that the first 2 days of the PH are over, I’m gathering my notes and posting questions/thoughts. Sorry for the sudden influx of MOO!]

What stood out to me at one point during a text exchange between SM and JL, is that SM was telling JL that Barry was going to be away during Valentine’s (2018 I believe). She was suggesting or planning another of their rendezvous during this time that Barry was going to be away. IIRC he was going to be gone a few days before and after Valentine’s Day.

I found it both sad and interesting that during another holiday meant to be about love, relationships and time spent together, that they were going to be apart. It almost seems a trend in their household. I wonder how common it was for them not to spend Valentines, Mother’s Day and other holidays together.

More importantly, I am itching to know if Barry was also away from the family around Valentine’s 2017?

MOO

The State also mentioned a visit to the site “Celebrity Jihad,” which describes itself as a site with “nude celebrity photos and videos brought to you by Islamic extremists.” With that, Morphew crossed his arms.
Agent Harris did clarify that he did not know who was responsible for those web searches.

“I’m done”: Texts between Suzanne and Barry Morphew reveal troubled marriage | FOX21 News Colorado
LOL! I'm sorry, but that is hilarious. I love the description of him crossing his arms. What a freak. I love that his daughters are hearing what a weirdo their father is. Maybe they'll realize he's not Mr Perfect. But, as the defense will say, Suzanne was probably the person doing those searches.

That’s the actual opposite of what airplane mode is. When in airplane mode, one can only use device if it’s connected to the internet. I’m shocked at how this is confusing to anyone.
I was connected to the internet. But when I turned turned on the airplane mode everything was gone. No internet no Wi-Fi.

Eh I share my Cloud. I don’t think that any of my family members are capable of seeing much besides photos and saved docs. I enabled my iPad to share my iMessages, which means that anyone looking at my iPad can see what I am texting on my iPhone with another iMessage user. I don’t think Suzanne would have allowed that in settings. IMO, they had a toxic relationship, with little trust. Suzanne was using alternative means of contacting others, out of the norm. It remains to be seen how careful she was.
I remember reading that the rocker Gwen Stefani found out that her husband Gavin was cheating on her with the nanny via these combined iPads and iPhones in the cloud. I think that their text messages or instant messages were found on some of the families' other devices. I don't know exactly how it happened, but maybe it's not as obvious to make things private as one might think? This was maybe 10 years ago, so maybe things have changed.

The State also mentioned a visit to the site “Celebrity Jihad,” which describes itself as a site with “nude celebrity photos and videos brought to you by Islamic extremists.” With that, Morphew crossed his arms.
Agent Harris did clarify that he did not know who was responsible for those web searches.

“I’m done”: Texts between Suzanne and Barry Morphew reveal troubled marriage | FOX21 News Colorado

I forgot this nugget! WTH is this? **shakes my head** he is a first class jerk. I have to say, JL may not be a POI but he too, is a Peeohhhsss.

I hope he redeems himself a bit during the trial but I also hope her sweet smile and kind nature haunt him. He owed SM a voice when she lost hers.

Maybe i'm alone in judging him but ghosting someone that may have been murdered, that you loved and talked about marriage with; is world class betrayal in my New Englandah book!

Last edited:
thanks!

the only silver lining of him getting the money is that he put himself in a position where he’s losing a nice chunk of it. Wish the girls had access to it instead for their own needs.
I may be a grinch, but I kind of hope they are learning a big lesson and having to struggle a bit and scramble financially. It might be a positive thing overall.

I say that because I think that their Dad manipulated them by bribing them and giving them gifts---their Mom wanted them to get and education and learn to make a living independently.

But Dad manipulated them with Range Rovers and new clothes, and turned them against their Mom. So if they lose their current financial support because their Dad needs a Capitol defense attorney, then so be it.

[Now that the first 2 days of the PH are over, I’m gathering my notes and posting questions/thoughts. Sorry for the sudden influx of MOO!]This all day

What stood out to me at one point during a text exchange between SM and JL, is that SM was telling JL that Barry was going to be away during Valentine’s (2018 I believe). She was suggesting or planning another of their rendezvous during this time that Barry was going to be away. IIRC he was going to be gone a few days before and after Valentine’s Day.

I found it both sad and interesting that during another holiday meant to be about love, relationships and time spent together, that they were going to be apart. It almost seems a trend in their household. I wonder how common it was for them not to spend Valentines, Mother’s Day and other holidays together.

More importantly, I am itching to know if Barry was also away from the family around Valentine’s 2017?

MOO

Hopefully @NoSI can tell us what color bikini Suzanne had on in that selfie picture shown in court. I've seen a picture of her in a turquoise bikini, that would be interesting wouldn't it?
Just heard on LS recap that in the final photo of SM sunbathing, she's on her stomach with her head raised, and hair draping so you can't see her bathing suit. In other words, it sounded like a headshot selfie.

LOL! I'm sorry, but that is hilarious. I love the description of him crossing his arms. What a freak. I love that his daughters are hearing what a weirdo their father is. Maybe they'll realize he's not Mr Perfect. But, as the defense will say, Suzanne was probably the person doing those searches. As a law enforcement officer on the stand, I would be more worried about bursting into laughter when saying this out loud then about remembering all the elements of the crime correctly.

I may be a grinch, but I kind of hope they are learning a big lesson and having to struggle a bit and scramble financially. It might be a positive thing overall.

I say that because I think that their Dad manipulated them by bribing them and giving them gifts---their Mom wanted them to get and education and learn to make a living independently.

But Dad manipulated them with Range Rovers and new clothes, and turned them against their Mom. So if they lose their current financial support because their Dad needs a Capitol defense attorney, then so be it.
If Barry is not convicted of this crime, then all of that money will be his, and any daughter or daughters that did not support him will not enjoy any of this money. I wonder if that plays into their loyalty towards him? I'm not saying they're bad people because of this, because money makes the world go round and we all need it. I've often thought that these kind of financial considerations are at play a lot more than the general public realizes when we look at these trials. If a family has money and it doesn't all go towards the defense, whoever supported the person on trial might inherit it. I, for one, hope that all of the money is depleted by Barry's defense, so that even if he gets off, he doesn't get what he ultimately wanted by killing Suzanne. And if the daughters support him through all of this, well then I guess they get to all hang out together on a landscapers salary and enjoy each other's company.

It was mentioned that Barry moved around the exterior of the house in a “pattern” when he arrived home on Sat 5/9 at 2:40’ish according to his cell phone data.

I was wondering if this was a typical hunter’s approach when stalking out prey or pests? In hunting 101, is it customary to approach ‘a kill’ in a zig-zag pattern for example? Or are hunters trained swat team, military style as seen in movies where they press against walls and hug the corners of the room as they methodically approach a suspect or as they are about to breach a room?

It was interesting to me that LE identified a distinct mannerism or approach that Barry took as he made his way around the back of the house enough to label it as a “pattern”. It’s a very calculated behavior. Obviously a normal scenario would be to arrive home, enter through the garage or front door and eventually make your way to a back wall screen door and step outside. Instead it sounds like to me that he stealthily crept his way around to avoid detection and surprise his target. MOO

[Now that the first 2 days of the PH are over, I’m gathering my notes and posting questions/thoughts. Sorry for the sudden influx of MOO!]

MOO

Life offers strange coincidences, but I doubt this was one of them. In the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew, I see a very obvious motive for BM. Valentine of 2017 in Indiana and BM? Nada, zilch connection.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed a lot, but this Ecuador possibility is ridiculous in my opinion. Why in the world would she leave half a million dollars behind and go to Ecuador alone without the love of her life? She's not a fugitive from justice, she hasn't committed any crime, so there would be no reason for her to disappear completely. She would be better off splitting the money with Barry, even though he wouldn't deserve it since it was her inheritance, and simply going on with her life. Why would $250,000 and a new start in life be seen as less desirable then being completely alone in a foreign country--a third world country-- where you don't speak the language, being penniless, being homeless, and starving in the streets, not having first world medical care for cancer, losing your two daughters, having no friends,etc. That makes absolutely no sense. I know that some people will say she disappeared in fear of her life, but I don't think she was in any danger as long as she handed over a big chunk of money to Barry. I think that the reason he killed her is because she didn't want to hand over all of that money to him, and I don't blame her. After everything he put her through, what an insult! So that's what made him enraged and that's why he killed her, in my opinion. Sure the other guy might have played into it as well, but the money was the real reason, I think. To Barry, the thought of Suzanne having half a million dollars AND the love of her life was just too much. The thing is, in a divorce, he probably would have gotten half of that because she had commingled the inheritance. My understanding is once you comingle an inheritance, it is shared. So he could have walked away with a big chunk of money if he hadn't been such a psychopath.

I remember reading that the rocker Gwen Stefani found out that her husband Gavin was cheating on her with the nanny via these combined iPads and iPhones in the cloud. I think that their text messages or instant messages were found on some of the families' other devices. I don't know exactly how it happened, but maybe it's not as obvious to make things private as one might think? This was maybe 10 years ago, so maybe things have changed.

Yes. Very easy, especially if Gwen was the main subscriber to the service. iPhones, iPads and Macs “talk” to each other, and if that dude sent a sexy message to the nanny, Gwen might have seen it on her computer. It is a little bit more complicated with the Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper