Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #72 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes about the betrayed professional archer. Cheating is always a dangerous business, and sometimes wildly dangerous!

I can’t get those words of BM’s sister to LS out if my head. She spoke on it during the live show last night. Lauren’s healthy attitude was that her name (Lauren’s name) didn’t come up in the prelim trial. Loved that. Also, as a reporter, she was giving Barry an opportunity to share his side and advocate for his missing wife.

That’s what really chaps my hide. Normally, the family of a missing or murdered loved one is begging for media attention. They want Justice for their loved one. But when the evidence starts to show a family member is responsible, all too often they circle wagons and protect the accused. The media becomes the enemy. Justice is less important than protecting the family they still have. Human nature?

MOO

Unless you are the Daybells or Larry Millette, or the adopted parent of the West Boys, or or or... I could go on for days with the list of people you would think would be jumping at and begging for the media attention... but they just aren't.. criminals don't seem to grasp that people look as harshly at what you DID do as to what you DIDN'T do. Atleast be teachable criminals! Learn from other's mistakes! I'm happy they don't learn, but it's frustrating to try to wrap my head around. Jmo

Thats completely true.
She needed to move out after the gun threat.
Unfortunately, she was habituated to his escalating outbursts, and sadly, I think her first wish would be that the marriage could be saved, which also slowed her down.

Agree. JMO I think she was just waiting for MM2's graduation and for the Rover snow tires to be switched.

I wonder where she would have had to go to be safe from him.

That's the whole thing. You'd be more readily identified at a local hardware store or mom and pop than a large outlet like Wallysworld. Look what happened at the spa store.
But the Wmart has very sophisticated security systems, primarily meant to catch shoplifters.

I do get a good chuckle every time the Wmart appears in a case here. And I'll swear they do end up mentioned in almost every case - at one point or another.:D

JMO

My latest rabbithole is how narcissists react to infidelity. Would Barry even believe it possible that Suzanne cheat on him? Would he ever even discuss that with LE, because that would reflect badly on him? He’s perfect, why would she need another man? That brought me to codependency. I’m finding that very interesting. Codependency might explain another facet of why Suzanne stayed. It’s fascinating stuff.
How Being a Pleaser May Increase Your Risk of Infidelity - GoodTherapy.org Therapy Blog

IMO, it was probably closer to zero...
85 - 83.

IMO
There's no doubt in my mind that his family knows he's guilty, just as the Moormans do. I wouldn't call it 'human nature' to vindictively harass a journalist. More like Morphew spiteful nature.
Is this the same woman who had her bare feet up on the seat in front of her?
I never let myself jump down the rabbit burrow. His antics were atrocious for years. She had to deal with this for 30 years. But , I did not know he was Mormon. IMO

Also, I’d try to spread out all of my supplies over a couple weeks. A shovel, duct tape, ax, oversized plastic storage bin and bleach can’t be purchased all at one time.
With the price of gas, I do understand why it is tempting to buy all these "supplies" at once, though. ;)

JMO.

Last edited:
Forensic Files in on television here, the HLN network, from 8 pm to 7 am daily. It’s a bedtime ritual-120 minutes with the TV, on snooze, watching Forensic Files. Unlike Barry, I’m not looking for ideas. Maybe Barry can have his own episode one day.

This is my nighttime ritual all the way down to the 120 minutes on the sleep mode! Lol Do you find the narrator's voice soothing too? I don't really listen to what he says but having his voice in the background lulls me to sleep. I'm sure this statement just got me put on some list somewhere and God forbid anything ever happens to my hubby... I can hear Nancy Grace now "BOMBSHELL! Wife states she can only fall sleep with murder lullabies!!!!!" Jmo

Exactly,
I see it to! Saving his hide.

It is very sad that he didn’t show up for the investigation at the onset. I think he told the police he was concerned that BM would come after him. That’s no excuse, he could have had protection available to himself.

More likely is that with SM no longer being available he decided he didn’t need to jeopardize his marriage. Selfish…

But the Wmart has very sophisticated security systems, primarily meant to catch shoplifters.

I do get a good chuckle every time the Wmart appears in a case here. And I'll swear they do end up mentioned in almost every case - at one point or another.:D

JMO

I have been waiting for it to show up! Once they started listing his trash dump locations, I said to myself
"Yup, sounds about right! Where and when is the Walmart trip?" It has to be number 1 on a checklist of what criminals do! And I am sure after the missing or murdered's own home surveillance, next stop is Walmart for LE even if they have found no Walmart link yet. Either its the last time a victim is seen on camera or its where the perpetrator bought their murder supplies. It never fails!

Well,

There's a bike down a steep embankment with no signs of crash, no disturbance in the vegetation, no blood, locked brake, and no rider.
A husband who's been out working over 12 hours, on a non-emergency, a Sunday, Mothers Day, left at 5 in the morning. That's quite some distancing (miles and hours) from this non-crashed bike with the missing wife, on a day of celebration where the mother central to this family is just abandoned.
Then you find out the daughters couldn't reach her hours ago yet he didn't come back, other people are running around looking for her, other people are phoning 911, daughters haven't spoken to her at all on Mothers Day and the husband is the only one to last see her.
A ride that is out of her normal habits, her backpack in her car - if they found it that fast, it seems the daughter's bf had the opportunity to see it because he knew she usually loaded the bike in the car.

Then to put the cherry on the cake the husband is already processing and willing to help you with explanations for her missing body - cats, and people he doesn't trust.

Hmm. Even if I'm not thinking murder yet I'm giving all this the side eye.

It is very sad that he didn’t show up for the investigation at the onset. I think he told the police he was concerned that BM would come after him. That’s no excuse, he could have had protection available to himself.

More likely is that with SM no longer being available he decided he didn’t need to jeopardize his marriage. Selfish…

The police even stated in their presser that this beloved friend could be protected if they were advised of the friends concerns in the same presser that they begged for the unknown person that spoke to SM on various apps to come forward. And yet he still said nothing.

For what though? He didn’t lie or hide anything. He just didn’t come forward. You can’t be charged solely for being an dishonorable person.
I agree. I do think that Jeff will be traumatized by these events the rest of his life. I suspect this will certainly have him thinking twice about ever cheating again.

Millions of people cheat. Most don't get murdered in the process. IMO, this relationship gave Suzanne strength to end her toxic marriage and have hope for a brighter future.

I don't see Jeff as ever seriously entertaining the thought of leaving his family, job or lifestyle if push came to shove. Remember, he didn't contact Suzanne. She contacted him. He was flattered by the attention.

What the affair shows to me is how desperate Suzanne was for somebody to really love her, even if it were just for that moment in time.

I think that Barry would have murdered Suzanne one way or the other. He wasn't about to let her and her money go anywhere.

JMO.

Last edited:
Those that watched Mike, Lauren and Vanessa last night - trying to get clarification on the cameras - I thought it was said BM watched his cameras and trail cameras (obsessively?) while at work? Did anyone else hear that? Because if he was watching his home cameras as well as trail cameras maybe she found out and that’s why it’s thought she had touched the cords - maybe to disable them? The transcript of their show would be helpful even though it’s not testimony from the hearing. @OldCop and I are filling in some blanks for the timeline
I am still very confused on the whole home camera issue and what cords she touched. Early on, I remember reading about the security system wasn't working at the time. So were there other home cameras, etc ring devices that we aren't aware of?? I wonder what kind of trail cameras he has. I do know most trail cameras run off of cellular signal. They don't need wifi so those "touched cords" would most likely not have anything to do with the trail cameras. IMO

85 - 83.

IMO

I never let myself jump down the rabbit burrow. His antics were atrocious for years. She had to deal with this for 30 years. But , I did not know he was Mormon. IMO
I'm not sure if you're kidding or not! LOL @ 'rabbit burrow'.
The Moormans are Suzannes's family. His family are the Morphew clan.

The police even stated in their presser that this beloved friend could be protected if they were advised of the friends concerns in the same presser that they begged for the unknown person that spoke to SM on various apps to come forward. And yet he still said nothing.
I can tell you that I would be too paranoid NOT to come forward. Jeff should have met with police and asked for confidentiality because of his circumstances. He had to know that it would eventually come out.

I'm surprised that the police didn't play his voice on national television and ask if someone recognized it. That would have been a bigger nightmare!

JMO.

Last edited:
Lauren said that Barry brought a lot of stuff into the room at the HIE. Duffel bag, loose clothing items, including the teal blue article that seems to be the same color as a jacket that Suzanne was wearing in a photo she had recently posted on her Instagram. The amount of things he brought into the room stood out to her. I am looking forward to more information about his stay at the HIE.

Perhaps there were many things that needed to be chlorinated for 5 hours in the hotel room tub.

I am still very confused on the whole home camera issue and what cords she touched. Early on, I remember reading about the security system wasn't working at the time. So were there other home cameras, etc ring devices that we aren't aware of?? I wonder what kind of trail cameras he has. I do know most trail cameras run off of cellular signal. They don't need wifi so those "touched cords" would most likely not have anything to do with the trail cameras. IMO
You touched on something here and could well be right that there were other cameras we haven't heard of - like inside the home, which Suzanne disabled. This becomes even more sordid by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orlando1124