Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #72 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes about the betrayed professional archer. Cheating is always a dangerous business, and sometimes wildly dangerous!

I can’t get those words of BM’s sister to LS out if my head. She spoke on it during the live show last night. Lauren’s healthy attitude was that her name (Lauren’s name) didn’t come up in the prelim trial. Loved that. Also, as a reporter, she was giving Barry an opportunity to share his side and advocate for his missing wife.

That’s what really chaps my hide. Normally, the family of a missing or murdered loved one is begging for media attention. They want Justice for their loved one. But when the evidence starts to show a family member is responsible, all too often they circle wagons and protect the accused. The media becomes the enemy. Justice is less important than protecting the family they still have. Human nature?

MOO
There's no doubt in my mind that his family knows he's guilty, just as the Moormans do. I wouldn't call it 'human nature' to vindictively harass a journalist. More like Morphew spiteful nature.
Is this the same woman who had her bare feet up on the seat in front of her?

Last edited:
I thought she had completed treatment?

Also, it depends. I received Taxol weekly for ten weeks, never got sick, and tolerated my nightly glass of wine with no problem.

I also don't care if she was drinking or not. Possibly their religion forbids it, which might be another reason Barry would use it to imply Suzanne was off the rails somehow.
Reportedly, SM's last chemo treatment was October 2019, and her 6-mo. follow-up scheduled May 11, 2020.

She was also taking anti-depressant Rx when she vanished. I doubt she was drinking to 'take the edge off' per BM.

Suzanne Morphew spent the afternoon before she vanished texting her married-father-of-six lover | Daily Mail Online

From watching crime shows, I have learned that the trick is to wear generic clothing and a big hat, keep your head down and always pay in cash. Oh, you have to make sure that you park way off in the distance, too. Walmart, Target and Home Depot apparently have fantastic surveillance systems.

I was amazed at how quickly the police were able to catch Edwin Hall for the kidnap and murder of Kelsey Smith using Target surveillance footage. Such a tragic case.

And definitely don't look suspicious while doing and wearing all that! Lol

There's no doubt in my mind that his family know he's guilty, just as the Moormans do. I wouldn't call it 'human nature' to vindictively harass a journalist. More like Morphew spiteful nature.

There are so many cases where the family doesn’t believe their accused family member is guilty, though. Michael Peterson killed his wife and likely the mother of his adopted daughters (two separate women found dead at the bottom of two different staircases). 4 out of 5 children believe he’s innocent.

I just watched a documentary called The Witmans. The 15 year old son was convicted of killing the 13 year old son. The parents do not believe he is the killer. The father summed it up as saying that one son was murdered, then the state took the second son, in essence destroying the parents. He was filmed outside the courthouse calling a journalist a “vulture”. I really do believe they see their accused love one as much of a victim as their murdered son.

MOO

It depends on what the daughter read. I would have freaked out and told Mommy
There's no doubt in my mind that his family know he's guilty, just as the Moormans do. I wouldn't call it 'human nature' to vindictively harass a journalist. More like Morphew spiteful nature.
BM told the family LS was after him.

Listening to Forensic Files on the Road?
.... # Recording 1: Unintentional recording of radio when BM was driving F-350. News from 2/3/20 on radio. BM also listened to a/part of a Forensic Files episode were a woman went missing while riding her bike..... Forensic Files would not be on the radio. With the poor reception in the area he would have had to have chosen that particular episode and downloaded it....
@NoSI sbm Thanks so much for your reports from the court & field. And your pix around town.

Maybe

https://www.youtube.com/c/FilmRiseTrueCrime/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=5
Several seasons available.

Forensic Files | Podcast on Spotify.

Forensic Files | Podcast on Spotify - Spotify - Web Player

Or as @kshultz06052 said:
"Satellite radio like Sirius?"

Or as you said: Choose an episode & download it.

I mean I am sure he knew about the affair and this JL was his childhood friend , journals or not. Your point is also great. I am sure what's in the
missing ones aren't pretty.

But JL and BM did not disclose anything about an affair.? Why BM? Because JL would have known the gist in the missing journals?

IMO
Maybe already asked.
JL MOO was 4 years younger than BM like SM. Not in high school same years.
AFAIK Not friends.

Could you provide a link to that? My understanding is that JL and Suzanne were friends in high school. TIA
Reportedly, BM was two years ahead of SM and JL. JL excelled at golf and BM baseball. I doubt BM gave JL a passing glance.

Suzanne Morphew spent the afternoon before she vanished texting her married-father-of-six lover | Daily Mail Online

Adding to Tuesday's bombshell developments was DailyMail.com's exclusive revelation that Suzanne, Barry and Libler appeared in the local paper together in 1985.

Both men attended the same high school as Suzanne, with Barry two grades ahead of his wife and Libler at the Alexandria-Monroe High School in Alexandria, Indiana.

A newspaper report unearthed by DailyMail.com shows both men won plaudits for their sporting prowess - Morphew in baseball and Libler in golf. Both Suzanne and Libler appear in the 1987 edition of the school's yearbook, with Suzanne appearing in the school's German club, while Libler took Spanish.

Forensic Files in on television here, the HLN network, from 8 pm to 7 am daily. It’s a bedtime ritual-120 minutes with the TV, on snooze, watching Forensic Files. Unlike Barry, I’m not looking for ideas. Maybe Barry can have his own episode one day.

There are so many cases where the family doesn’t believe their accused family member is guilty, though. Michael Peterson killed his wife and likely the mother of his adopted daughters (two separate women found dead at the bottom of two different staircases). 4 out of 5 children believe he’s innocent.

I just watched a documentary called The Witmans. The 15 year old son was convicted of killing the 13 year old son. The parents do not believe he is the killer. The father summed it up as saying that one son was murdered, then the state took the second son, in essence destroying the parents. He was filmed outside the courthouse calling a journalist a “vulture”. I really do believe they see their accused love one as much of a victim as their murdered son.

MOO

And you can add Chris Watts and Scott Peterson to that list. I'm sure there are more...

If I am understanding correctly, SM had discovered that her cancer had recently returned. She had an appt. to see her oncologist in the week following her disappearance.

I've noticed that Barry is quick to discredit others who are a problem for him by calling out drug and alcohol use. It seems to be the first thing out of his mouth.

During the PH, it was said that SM started biking and drinking IPA beer as these are things JL enjoyed... if BM was reading her messages in real time, he would know about this and might notice that SM all of a sudden took up a new IPA hobby and he was not a fan of drinking and knew what caused her to take up drinking and drinking IPAs specifically. If he knows about that and he is unhappy and jealous and then sees a pic taken for JL, he probably rolled his eyes and sarcastically said something like "yup, drunk again" but only he knows at that point how the things are related... only issue is, why not say then there was another guy and direct LE to JL? Only thing I can come up with is BM was smart enough to realize that covid would make SM running away to anywhere at that time more difficult to explain... also, how did she leave? All vehicles are accounted for at their address and didn't disappear with Suzanne... airports would definitely have evidence of her being there.. if she requested an Uber to anywhere, there would be proof of it... if he knows of JL, he might realize that he has no way to account for his whereabouts, so there could be proof he wasn't in Colorado... BM can't fix that issue... he can't even say she used the domestic violence underground railroad (for multiple obvious reasons, he wouldn't want to imply SM was being DV'd) but one of the first things those organizations do is let LE know that the person is not missing and have disappeared willingly. This is usually done by the escapee themselves because they don't want to have people looking for her while she is trying to disappear. If a missing report comes in, it may look like police are not doing anything or in some cases they will blow off the husband with "she's an adult, she can leave if she wants", they may even say "she's not missing, but does not want contact with you". Regardless, every escape hatch has a line of communication somewhere, most husbands don't know ALL the ways someone can disappear willingly and not leave an obvious trace, but I bet police know of all the dv underground railroads and has contacts within to make sure they don't start huge searches that cause millions of dollars for no reason. Something on SMs electronics would show some kind of trail that might not be obvious to the average forensic files watcher. Jmo

From watching crime shows, I have learned that the trick is to wear generic clothing and a big hat, keep your head down and always pay in cash. Oh, you have to make sure that you park way off in the distance, too. Walmart, Target and Home Depot apparently have fantastic surveillance systems.

I was amazed at how quickly the police were able to catch Edwin Hall for the kidnap and murder of Kelsey Smith using Target surveillance footage. Such a tragic case.
Also, I’d try to spread out all of my supplies over a couple weeks. A shovel, duct tape, ax, oversized plastic storage bin and bleach can’t be purchased all at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381