Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #72 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. That in itself is powerful evidence of their diligence in building this case. We were impatient for an arrest but they no doubt have a few more bombshells coming.
MOO

I think the missing journals may share Suzanne's thoughts/feelings and experiences during their marriage, in great detail. Don't think Barry would appreciate other eyes seeing that.

imo

I mean I am sure he knew about the affair and this JL was his childhood friend , journals or not. Your point is also great. I am sure what's in the
missing ones aren't pretty.

But JL and BM did not disclose anything about an affair.? Why BM? Because JL would have known the gist in the missing journals?

IMO

Just a couple thoughts: MOO

1 - When LE opened the safe in the garage where BM claims he had $70k in cash, isn’t it customary for LE to photograph the safe contents before moving anything out of it and/or before bagging it as evidence? I feel BM’s theft accusations could easily be disproven based on the documented photographs or evidence that LE has. They could easily show there was no cash in the safe when it was opened.

2 - BM’s accusatory comment about SM having drunk eyes or suggesting she was drinking based on her last known proof of life photo he was shown, doesn’t hold weight because of her chemo treatments. There is no way she would have been able to consume any level of alcohol while on chemo meds.

MOO

What if there was $70k in there and that's what BM tried to bribe 8 LE agents with? Obviously that money would be held as evidence, or in Barry’s words, stolen by the cops. Jmo

:)
A liar?
A dart cap in the dryer and smell of bleach?
A locked bike tire?
A bobcat (but no mountain lion) in the driveway?
Maybe something else we don't know about yet.....
Maybe him saying they had great marriage and SO said no Suzanne was leaving.

OMG..MM2 boyfriend said SM never goes biking without taking her car! Didn't he say that right away?

I mean I am sure he knew about the affair and this JL was his childhood friend , journals or not. Your point is also great. I am sure what's in the

But JL and BM did not disclose anything about an affair.? Why BM? Because JL would have known the gist in the missing journals?

IMO

I reckon Barry would use that knowledge to torment Suzanne, kinda put her in the 'does he know?' frame of mind, use it to gaslight her maybe?
JL - can't think of 1 good reason why he didn't come forward to help someone who, assuming Suzanne disclosed what her home life was like, really needed someone to help her. jmo

Eta - may not seem like it, but I'm trying really hard not to judge JL, it's not my place to, I just think that if he cared about Suzanne at all, like he implicated he did, he should have stepped up.

He is by all appearances a jerk, and it’s going to become more and more evident that he’s a guilty jerk.

So if you are the prosecution, what kind of deal would you do for her body? He knows what happened and where she is. It’s the only leverage BM has. So what’s that information worth? Would you be willing to let BM off a with 20 year sentence in exchange for the truth and her body?

We had a case here, Matthew Leveson, where that was done. His boyfriend is still highly suspected for Matthew's murder, but (eventually) Matthew's parents decided that it was more important to them that they had Matthew returned to them. So a deal was made. The boyfriend led the police to Matthew's body. The boyfriend was released from perjury charges. And he still hasn't been able to be successfully prosecuted for Matthew's murder.

Ex-lover of Matthew Leveson confesses how he died, leads police to body - NZ Herald

I'm not convinced there was a bribe. The language of the charge includes trying to influence. Which could be as simple as repeatedly lying to the officers to misdirect them from the truth of what actually happened. To me it sounds like from the very beginning he was trying to control the narrative. To insert other theories into the mix. I mean, seriously, whose first or even second thought would be: did a mountain cat take my wife?

:)
A liar?
A dart cap in the dryer and smell of bleach?
A locked bike tire?
A bobcat (but no mountain lion) in the driveway?
Maybe something else we don't know about yet.....
Maybe him saying they had great marriage and SO said no Suzanne was leaving.

OMG..MM2 boyfriend said SM never goes biking without taking her car! Didn't he say that right away?
Please everyone, Don't hate me. but I see one thing missing from the list.
A Chipmunk.

IMO

IMO

Could you provide a link to that? My understanding is that JL and Suzanne were friends in high school. TIA

Maybe others had thoughts on this and I missed it. I’m trying to understand why, knowing abusive people in my past, she texted her sister on the 8th that she was tired of BMs instability and verbal/ physical abuse. At some point she tells him that they are done. Yet on the 9th he asks her about going on a hike. She asks where and he doesn’t respond. In my mind leave it at that…”thank god I don’t have to spend time with him”. Yet she texts again and asks if he wants to meet up. He says no that he is coming home. I thought maybe she wanted things to appear normal but the daughters were not there….no audience to appear normal for. So why even entertain the idea?
Keeping up the appearance until her escape. She strung him along.

Just a note, her phone last pinged 4:23am 5/10.

Yup, and his alarm was set for 4:30, so presumably he was in bed next to her when these hypothetical methheads invaded their home and stole SM and her phone, but somehow, she was still peacefully sleeping at 5am when BM supposedly left. Doesn't make sense to me and I am interested to hear how BM responded when the LE asked about these discrepancies within all his stories of how SM could possibly have disappeared. MENSA definitely would have circular filed his application. Jmo

I have wondered if it was topless photo too. She would feel safe to do that in her own back yard and thinking she's alone. If he caught her taking that type of photo then I can see his rage being off the chart! Another thought I had is that he may have seen her taking the photo by way of a trail camera, I do think he was watching her very closely to see where this sudden independence came from. I'm sure he was not understanding this new Suzanne that really was fed up and done with him.
JMO
That is why early on I asked if she had a swim suit on. I wondered if we could tell by the photo at the hearing.

See, that’s the huge issue I have with JLs character (putting aside being a philandering married father of 6). He had to have known intimate aspects of the M’s marriage and issues. Perhaps BM’s verbal/physical abuse. That would have been very helpful to investigators early on.

The true example of character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching. And most of the time it’s the most painful and hardest option. IMO, that tells me he wasn’t that invested in his relationship with SM.

JL DID NOTHING TO HELP FIND SUZANNE.

Exactly,
I see it to! Saving his hide.

So the AA is still sealed..why? To protect people in it? Like maybe anyone at the hotel who saw him so the media doesn't bother them or protect other witnesses? Sealed until after the prelim?

Also, is some of his family not talking to him now? Is that the motive for his sister's comment to LS?

What did he do with all of that bleach (put her in it?) and why did he do a Fotis Dulos with the trash?

I seriously wonder if he had pre-dug a spot and then put her in there with a tree on top like we all were wondering earlier.

The whole dart thing...I would have never guessed that in a million years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member