Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #72 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know when the wife was told; however, I can see this being a reason to delay release of the AA. He has six children and a wife who would be affected by the information contained in this report. It appears that a few of his children are still minors.

So, in total, there are eight children to consider.

JMO.

He definitely was more worried about his own legacy than SM.

Last edited:
Well,

There's a bike down a steep embankment with no signs of crash, no disturbance in the vegetation, no blood, locked brake, and no rider.
A husband who's been out working over 12 hours, on a non-emergency, a Sunday, Mothers Day, left at 5 in the morning. That's quite some distancing (miles and hours) from this non-crashed bike with the missing wife, on a day of celebration where the mother central to this family is just abandoned.
Then you find out the daughters couldn't reach her hours ago yet he didn't come back, other people are running around looking for her, other people are phoning 911, daughters haven't spoken to her at all on Mothers Day and the husband is the only one to last see her.
A ride that is out of her normal habits, her backpack in her car - if they found it that fast, it seems the daughter's bf had the opportunity to see it because he knew she usually loaded the bike in the car.

Then to put the cherry on the cake the husband is already processing and willing to help you with explanations for her missing body - cats, and people he doesn't trust.

Hmm. Even if I'm not thinking murder yet I'm giving all this the side eye.
So, you used to hang out in and around the hot tube with SM, drinking to unwind , take the edge off?
And you know that she is probably a little shake ie.. And then all of a sudden she wants to get out of the hot tube
put on her bike clothes put the bike in the car and leave? Hmm IMO

I can tell you that I would be too paranoid NOT to come forward. Jeff should have met with police and asked for confidentiality because of his circumstances. He had to know that it would eventually come out.

I'm surprised that the police didn't play his voice on national television and ask if someone recognized his voice. That would have been a bigger nightmare!

JMO.
If they thought for a second that this guy might be involved, I’m sure they would have released that audio.

They knew that Barry did this however, so there was no reason to do that. I’m just glad they managed to find this guy, as it would have been huge ammo for the defense.

For what though? He didn’t lie or hide anything. He just didn’t come forward. You can’t be charged solely for being an dishonorable person.

Nope, there's no crime. JL might be a morally bankrupt dude but it's not a crime to exercise your 5th Amendment right and keep quiet. We voiced similar concerns when a lawyer, his wife, and law firm employees remained silent after learning Frazee solicited KK to murder Kelsey Berreth. A handful of individuals probably could have prevented her death but did not speak up. Like JL, they talked after KB missing and arrests were made. MOO

Last edited:
But the Wmart has very sophisticated security systems, primarily meant to catch shoplifters.

I do get a good chuckle every time the Wmart appears in a case here. And I'll swear they do end up mentioned in almost every case - at one point or another.:D

JMO

Yeah, Walmart might as well add a Murder CoverUp section. Maybe between the Gardening and Cleaning Supplies sections.

I am still very confused on the whole home camera issue and what cords she touched. Early on, I remember reading about the security system wasn't working at the time. So were there other home cameras, etc ring devices that we aren't aware of?? I wonder what kind of trail cameras he has. I do know most trail cameras run off of cellular signal. They don't need wifi so those "touched cords" would most likely not have anything to do with the trail cameras. IMO
Now I’m thinking there’s a whole lot of evidence we have yet to hear - and cameras? Perfect !
JMO

If they thought for a second that this guy might be involved, I’m sure they would have released that audio.

They knew that Barry did this however, so there was no reason to do that. I’m just glad they managed to find this guy, as it would have been huge ammo for the defense.

I agree that finding out about him is great. On the other hand I think that SM having a BF for years will be a huge ammo for the defense…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb