Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, you’re right. If the coordinates of the location that were posted up thread are correct, I have attached Google Earth images of the area and cliff. Not only is there a freeway down below, but a campground across the way. Seems a somewhat populous location that would allow for something dumped to be noticed by driver-bys or campers. Hmmm

ETA: Also seems like a very random location to dump a body.

I don't think it looks random for dumping of criminal evidence or a body. That group of trees southwest of the pull out is quite dense. No one would see anything with a drone. Pulling over at a pullout is not suspicious (stopping by the side of the road without a pull-out would make me take notice).

If the body was in a container (like a toolbox or Yeti) and tucked away on that slope, even the campers at Robbers Roost probably do not cross the highway to go into dense brush/trees.

If the container was even partly concealed, well, if it was a Yeti, yeah, someone would take it if they saw it.

Where ever Suzanne is, I think her location will be consistent with "abduction."

She could also be inside a game bag or two (the size used for elk). Perhaps some other part of an elk was concealing her remains.

At any rate, at about 2 months out from her death, she would be mostly bones and there would be at least rodent scavenging.

Pretty steep area, not a place that a casual hiker would go and no place for a hunter either (it's not okay to shoot at game so close to a highway). Barry may have been thinking about all of that. If he's full of hubris, he might just have thought "I'll find somewhere" to put her.

When are we theorizing this happened? Because if she was still alive (but bound or incapacitated), Barry had quite a while to pack up and go (with her), without leaving any signs of decomp at PP.

I wasn’t aware there was digital enhancement of her top. I guess they could analyze the cup but maybe their evidence is so strong they don’t need it. Of course I’m guessing. We sure didn’t hear it during the PH. Maybe I am too sure he will be convicted. I definitely think the jurors can see through the mud the defense is slinging. then again...think OJ or Casey Anthony. :eek:

I read way too many tweets to be able to find the one that mentions that a tiny portion of the top was visible. Or perhaps I dreamt it - the way CO does things is so frustrating. Even if I ordered a transcript, it wouldn't include the pictures being shown at the time. Grrr.

Didn't we hear that they found the bathing suit in her closet? If they had no way of seeing parts of it in the photo (have we seen it? I think it's somewhere), then how could they know that?

The problem with that area near Berthoud Pass being an ideal steep cliff to drop evidence over, is that the freeway also runs along the bottom of that slope. So maybe not an ideal spot to dump anything big (could be visible from the bottom looking up) or heavy (could roll all the way down and end up on the freeway below, eek).

That said, if it's not SM, let it be Kelsey Berreth's remains, or clues that solve some other important cold case!

Something smaller like a weapon?

ETA: I see it’s about a child from San Antonio. Disappointed about it not being SM, but I hope it will bring closure to that case. Godspeed to the FBI team on that repel recovery.

What are the "unaccounted for" miles based on? Clearly the truck doesn't log it's every position, or they'd know exactly where it was at all times. It almost sounds like odometer readings compared to the actual mileage of where he said he drove, but then how do they know what the odometer was at any given time? Do we have the exact quotes(s) regarding the 18 miles?
Just where he said he drove vs. odometer.

I don't think it looks random for dumping of criminal evidence or a body. That group of trees southwest of the pull out is quite dense. No one would see anything with a drone. Pulling over at a pullout is not suspicious (stopping by the side of the road without a pull-out would make me take notice).

If the body was in a container (like a toolbox or Yeti) and tucked away on that slope, even the campers at Robbers Roost probably do not cross the highway to go into dense brush/trees.

If the container was even partly concealed, well, if it was a Yeti, yeah, someone would take it if they saw it.

Where ever Suzanne is, I think her location will be consistent with "abduction."

She could also be inside a game bag or two (the size used for elk). Perhaps some other part of an elk was concealing her remains.

At any rate, at about 2 months out from her death, she would be mostly bones and there would be at least rodent scavenging.

Pretty steep area, not a place that a casual hiker would go and no place for a hunter either (it's not okay to shoot at game so close to a highway). Barry may have been thinking about all of that. If he's full of hubris, he might just have thought "I'll find somewhere" to put her.

When are we theorizing this happened? Because if she was still alive (but bound or incapacitated), Barry had quite a while to pack up and go (with her), without leaving any signs of decomp at PP.
Ugh.

Sounds like it had to have been empty because they said the Investigator was swabbing it and then they mentioned a “plunking “ noise when he set the cap back down.
JMO
I assume that the defense is all over all of that but it was odd to me mentions of the sheets and shorts and then the body cam showed an empty drier. Perhaps LE folded everything and did the dishes :) for t he Morphews during the time they had possession of the house.

Sounds like it had to have been empty because they said the Investigator was swabbing it and then they mentioned a “plunking “ noise when he set the cap back down.
JMO
I meant to post this earlier in response to the question about sheets being recovered from the dryer:

@LaurenScharfTV

The sheets were taken from the dryer from May 11-15. It wasn't until May 19 when an investigator found the syringe for a dart. The state is redirecting now.

12:17 PM · Aug 23, 2021

I read way too many tweets to be able to find the one that mentions that a tiny portion of the top was visible. Or perhaps I dreamt it - the way CO does things is so frustrating. Even if I ordered a transcript, it wouldn't include the pictures being shown at the time. Grrr.

Didn't we hear that they found the bathing suit in her closet? If they had no way of seeing parts of it in the photo (have we seen it? I think it's somewhere), then how could they know that?
I think we heard they found MANY bathing suits in that closet.

I assume that the defense is all over all of that but it was odd to me mentions of the sheets and shorts and then the body cam showed an empty drier. Perhaps LE folded everything and did the dishes :) for t he Morphews during the time they had possession of the house.
This was a different date. The cap was not located until May 19 -- long after the sheets and shorts recovered.

Not anymore, but I distinctly hearing the judge in this case mention that it would fall within the old guidelines.
There's not a chance in heck prosecution would try to push the judge on a death penalty. It's not happening again in Colorado IMO and certainly not with this case...it's weak enough let alone adding that additional burden to the laundry list the prosecution has in the arrest warrant. Plus it's been discussed over and over.

Idk I may be confused but Lauren Scharf said it was too short of a distance. She tweeted this:

“Garfield Mine round trip from the Morphew Home is 6.2 miles, not 18-19 miles missing from #BarryMorphew truck odometer.”

This is why I think the unaccounted 18 miles are from the home to the dumpster or somewhere in Poncha Springs to chuck her phone. Jmo
In my trusty Colorado Ghost Town and Mining Camp Guide, published in 1978, there are two other mining camps between Maysville and the Garfield mine. I think there are still some ruins left for Arbourville, but perhaps not for Cree Camp. One is located north of hwy 50, the other just south. The topo map also shows the Lily and Prospect Mines on the same mountain. I have no doubt that there are lots of mine shafts in the area, but it would be difficult to search them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette