Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
To whom should his video have been directed if it had been an animal attack? :p
He has given three possible scenarios. He made the video for the one that would respond to the reward.

I would not consider this MSM. :confused:

Tyson admits in his first video (the prequel to the interview) that he hoped to talk to BM. So your feeling is correct, IMO. :)

Very good question.

If this was his most logical explanation it would have been a heartfelt plea compelling people (including friends and family) to help look for clues, he would have given descriptions of clothing, height, weight, bike details etc. *edited to add* It also would not have been a full week after she was reported missing. At that point you think she may be injured or hurt and in need of emergent medical attention. This was done without the awareness, approval or guidance of LE. He wasn’t being told what he should and shouldn’t say, this is what he saw as most important?

I find his directing of narrative based on audience to be insincere and misguided. If it were one of two possibilities, the above still would have been imperative to finding her. The only time this would not be helpful is if the person speaking played a role in the disappearance. LE considered those details not relevant recovering a missing person.

He didn’t mention why his job site was the focus of a three day investigation.

I hope I’m wrong, but I see him as a slick talker that has, more often than got gotten his way and to some degree he comes off as a bully. I haven’t listened to the end again to hear exactly what he says, so I cannot speak to the reported threat to T.

MOO

I got a strange feeling when he talked about being in Denver. The calm threat also got my attention.
I wonder if there was an actual real job, or he made that up too?
Did you get the idea that he’s giving too much detail? That He’s been adding detail as this thing develops? Hope LE lets him blab

This. I can’t like this post enough. So true. JMO

Right on, totally agree. I would be on every possible outlet asking for assistance.

I’ll pose the same question to both of you then: if LE asked you and your family *not* to speak publicly on the case, would you just refuse their request and bowl ahead with interviews? Not trying to be provocative here, just trying to understand why people think everyone else would act in an identical manner to them? Not one sibling of SM has fronted the media either. Another thing to wonder about.

And if LE told you not to, you’d still go on TV every minute of the day? We’ve been given more clues that LE has asked family *not* to speak publicly about this disappearance than we have been given clues suggesting BM is refusing to. Why is that, I wonder.

There are lots of quotes from the tape that are being used to cast doubt on BM. However, when BM refers to the second ‘item’, where it was found, and LE not telling him what that item is... BM appears quite believable and legit
That may actually be true. And may also be LE’s strategy. Maybe he really doesn’t know what they found, maybe it was a mistake.

How would a neighbor even know a bike was missing? That makes zero sense. It could have been in 10 different places on that property.
This BM and his bike fibs give me the creeps.
Maybe he lies about everything. Always.
If the neighbour was on the phone to one of the daughters when they arrived at the house and conversing with them as she walked around while talking, as in "Is the car there", "yes" - "Is her bike there, it should be .... " Something like that, possibly telling her what to check and where to look. Just a thought.

I’ll pose the same question to both of you then: if LE asked you and your family *not* to speak publicly on the case, would you just refuse their request and bowl ahead with interviews? Not trying to be provocative here, just trying to understand why people think everyone else would act in an identical manner to them? Not one sibling of SM has fronted the media either. Another thing to wonder about.
Not so much as “interviews,” but more like pleas. Pleas for help. Getting more information our- asking, begging for help. Not just offering money. Especially if I knew I were innocent, and most likely the #1 suspect. I would beg that anyone do anything to help. And I certainly would try to be understanding that they would have me under a microscope, completely par for the course, however, if I knew it wasn’t me that did it and she was out there- somewhere - I would be doing whatever it took. JMO

Wow I didn’t see THAT happening today! I have watched the video five times now. First of all why in the world would he talk to some random guy he doesn’t even know without his lawyer? Didn’t BM drive right by TD in his truck and see him looking around and walking down the road while recording himself talking on his phone? And if you are out searching for your wife and you see an unknown man snooping around near your property wouldn’t your first thought be what if he had something to do with Suzanne’s disappearance? What if he is the “kidnapper” returning to the scene of the crime?! If your wife is missing for this long wouldn’t you be suspicious of every stranger and turning to look in every car that drives by? This is horrible and I’m sorry but my first impression was that he didn’t seem as smart as I thought he was - maybe it was his grammar. And he looked like he was walking with a limp but maybe it was the angle of the hidden camera. BM asked him to put his phone away (but not to turn it off - lol) but the funny thing was at the end when TD was giving BM his phone number and he said his phone was in the car charging. Didn’t BM already see his phone in the beginning when he asked him to put it away? Bwa ha ha! So why take the time in the first place to walk this guy you have no idea who he is up a hill to where the bike was found and go into all those scenarios? He was speaking very rapidly and animatedly without any emotion for his wife - only criticism for LE. And the way he said CAT was creepy and the way he said she might have been disoriented and “got in the river.” He said cats drag their prey up the mountain so why aren’t you up there looking then with your “private people“ you hired instead of driving around with your Mommy who might be the only woman who will still talk to you (btw she seemed irritated like she was wondering why her son was being such a dumbass talking to this man for so long). I tend to be very untrusting by nature and maybe I’m jaded but that was just odd behavior. BM seemed anxious and nervous. If you can tell all that to a stranger then why couldn’t he give more info in his plea or an interview with MSM? I’m sure his attorney will s%#! a b*#^% over that video! You can see where they are going with his defense if they don’t find a body. I agree with what some of ya’ll (bad grammar myself) have been saying about LE taking their time and collecting evidence and making him sweat AND giving him the rope to gang himself with. Very interesting that right off they wouldn’t even tell him what the other “article” was? I wish TD would have asked BM if her phone was found at home and if so did LE have it? I also wish he asked about that job site where they were digging. Oh well he did a very good job for an impromptu interview alone with a very large man with a known temper. I was so worried BM was going to see him adjusting the phone. I could have done without the fake empathy though. Oh I also found myself wondering if BM could have been drinking. His mannerisms remind me of someone from my past who was a functioning alcoholic. This is just purely my own speculation and kind of wondering out loud about that. I wish we could have seen how far from the road the bike was found or heard from BM if the bike was damaged like some kind of collision/accident occurred or was it just lying on its side like someone (wink wink) just left it there. I agree that the video makes you realize just how close to the house the bike was found and not off on a trail. And all that talk and gesturing towards different “triangles“ that were searched. I would say the best place NOT to search would be the trail where BM suggested he go search! BM asking him if he was an outdoorsman? And mentioning the reward right away? There is so much there. I can’t wait to read the opinions from experts on here. Well that’s MOO of this video. I’m looking forward to reading what everyone has to say. And his voice sounds so familiar it’s driving me crazy who does he sounds like? Maybe someone famous? It will come to me!

It’s not just how we would behave, but how people in just about every “abduction” case behave.

Now, this case obviously isn’t being treated as an abduction, which explains the silence from SM’s side of the family. I would bet a lot of money that they have a theory, one that jibes with what law enforcement believes.

I don’t think I’ve followed a true abduction case where the family doesn’t have someone front and center. If BM believes that’s what happened (he might be the only one who believes so), then isn’t he that person?

So that’s why it’s so completely bizarre.

I'm listening again to the part about Mother's day, with my ear up to the laptop speaker.

At one point TD mentions that BM was in Denver, and asks how long it was before somebody noticed that she was gone. I hear BM say, "....Well, it was Mother's Day, so..." long pause...(it almost seems like maybe he was checking his phone and got distracted momentarily?) "We uh, ...we had two daughters, who were coming home from a trip, and I had that job in Denver that I wanted to get started, on Sunday wanted to set it up...because my workers were coming in Sunday night. They [we?] weren't going to work Sunday, they [we?] were going to work Monday, but me being the owner, I wanted to get things lined up..." [can't quite make out this part, something about the workers being able to work right when they got there Monday morning] "...so, I told my wife, I said listen, the girls are going to be home, they want to spend Mother's Day with you, do you mind if I go get started? She said that's fine " [something about bikes?]...."Anyway, that's what we thought was going to happen. The girls were running late, so they texted Happy Mother's Day, she didn't text back..." Then he goes on to talk about calling the neighbor.

So I guess he did give some kind of detail about Sunday. It sounds to me like he's saying that he left on Sunday for Denver to set up this job for his workers to get started on, and that he asked SM if it was okay for him to go and get started with that job, since the girls were coming home and wanted to spend Mother's Day with her, like they would have a girls' day.

So with that line of thinking, the daughters were actually expected to be arriving at the Morphew home to spend the day with SM. So maybe that's why the immediate worry about where she was, since she was expecting them home, but didn't respond to their text that they were running late and Happy Mother's Day (no he didn't say they texted her they would be late, but I'm assuming they would have).

He tells Tyson that they’ve searched a 200 mile radius and ALL of the mountains have been searched.

IIRC, Chaffee County is home to 12 “fourteeners”, mountains that rise to over 14,000 feet. To search all of the mountains within a 200 mile radius would be impossible.

JMO

Last edited:
I just don’t get innocence or genuine concern from this video at all. I have seen pleas for a safe return, or people talking to others about their missing loved one trying to get the word out. This doesn’t read as grief or fear or worry to me.

Speculation: Pregnancy/Child birth, Cancer/prolonged illness and other trying times often lead to infidelity or distancing in a relationship. The discovery of an affair, or threat of divorce, or discovery of financial issues, lies or deceit of some kind is often the catalyst when a murder is committed by a spouse. It’s a very sad fact, since it’s a time a spouse should be able to count on their partner most.

BM acts too much like LS/CW/PF/FD for me. Nothing like Al, Landen, Shanaan’s best friend and parents, etc...comparing murderer’s behavior vs the true victims who lost their loved ones, I see which category his behavior fits in for me. He spends his time with the interviewer explaining himself and justifying where he was and when. Not a word about “If only I had stayed home, maybe this wouldn’t have happened, maybe I could’ve saved her”, nothing. No remarks about when he last saw her. What HE had done, or had planned for her for Mother’s Day, what she was last doing when he left... And he didn’t get back from Denver until after 9pm...which means he only left once the 911 call was made. He didn’t plan to have dinner with his family on Mother’s Day? No good explanation for why he wasn’t the one to raise the alarm. I’m just not buying any of it.

Landen and Al and Nichole and even Maddie’s mom, all took every opportunity they could to talk about their loved one, to share a piece of who they were, or to at LEAST be there with LE to keep their stories moving in the media - and their grief and worry was evident all over their faces and in their words. I just plain don’t see that here.

I didn’t decide BM was my main POI just by chance. I got there based on his actions and lack thereof, how LE has behaved, where they have searched, etc...this video just solidified it in my mind even more.

IMO JMO MOO

I'm listening again to the part about Mother's day, with my ear up to the laptop speaker.

At one point TD mentions that BM was in Denver, and asks how long it was before somebody noticed that she was gone. I hear BM say, "....Well, it was Mother's Day, so..." long pause...(it almost seems like maybe he was checking his phone and got distracted momentarily?) "We uh, ...we had two daughters, who were coming home from a trip, and I had that job in Denver that I wanted to get started, on Sunday wanted to set it up...because my workers were coming in Sunday night. They [we?] weren't going to work Sunday, they [we?] were going to work Monday, but me being the owner, I wanted to get things lined up..." [can't quite make out this part, something about the workers being able to work right when they got there Monday morning] "...so, I told my wife, I said listen, the girls are going to be home, they want to spend Mother's Day with you, do you mind if I go get started? She said that's fine " [something about bikes?]...."Anyway, that's what we thought was going to happen. The girls were running late, so they texted Happy Mother's Day, she didn't text back..." Then he goes on to talk about calling the neighbor.

So I guess he did give some kind of detail about Sunday. It sounds to me like he's saying that he left on Sunday for Denver to set up this job for his workers to get started on, and that he asked SM if it was okay for him to go and get started with that job, since the girls were coming home and wanted to spend Mother's Day with her, like they would have a girls' day.

So with that line of thinking, the daughters were actually expected to be arriving at the Morphew home to spend the day with SM. So maybe that's why the immediate worry about where she was, since she was expecting them home, but didn't respond to their text that they were running late and Happy Mother's Day (no he didn't say they texted her they would be late, but I'm assuming they would have).
Excellent point! Mother's Day is all about mothers and their children. It has nothing to do with husbands and wives. IMO

Did he really say “from what we got from the investigators, she was ABDUCTED right here?” Did he really say that? I mean, JMO and we have been round and round about this- but no hints have been given AT ALL from LE that THEY suspect an abduction. JMO, again.

Apology for being pedantic, but you have left out a lot of (questionable) words from his statement, that started with “the investigators say,” and culminates to say his private people working for him say “she might have been abducted right here.”

The way he starts that sentence and changes directions midway is disturbing. I’m having a hard time explaining it away. (I tried.).

@ about 1:25

I am still totally on the fence here. (Or, trying to be, anyway.) But, I can’t help feeling like where he is, where he is searching, is perhaps a diversion? If they see me searching “here,” maybe they won’t look “there.” Hope that makes sense. JMO
Or perhaps the very opposite ... that figure he threw out there was interesting. He and/or his team/people have searched two-hundred square miles?
So if this area was already searched and eliminated, what was BM doing out there today?

Where is she Barry?

The only emotion I witnessed in that entire video was his anger toward the sheriff. I don’t see an ounce of grief or worry or concern for his wife.

I’ve seen genuine concern and grief when confronted with what is happening with a missing loved one. LH, AS, and even SC....they all had heartache and genuine pain. I don’t see that here, imo. Not even a little. Explanations and alibis trailing off in his words. Nothing for his wife.
IMO moo JMO

I understand it. Some people (I'm one of them) might focus anger or frustration on something or someone rather than succumbing to grief and the overwhelming feeling of helplessness. It happens when people die - the doctor did something or didn't do something for example. In this case, BM's channeling some of that into anger and disappointment in LE right now.

I'm not a cryer or hand-wringer. I keep calm, get things done as best I can. When I feel helpless, I focus on something else like making sure the caregiver/LE/doctor/detective/whatever is knowledgable and doing what needs to be done on their part.

We break down later (in private hopefully) when the stress and adrenaline wanes.

While most people might behave in predicted ways, not all people do.

It’s not just how we would behave, but how people in just about every “abduction” case behave.

Now, this case obviously isn’t being treated as an abduction, which explains the silence from SM’s side of the family. I would bet a lot of money that they have a theory, one that jibes with what law enforcement believes.

Now, show me an abduction case where the family doesn’t have someone front and center. If BM believes that’s what happened (he might be the only one who believes so), then isn’t he that person?

So that’s why it’s so completely bizarre.

I’d wager that in almost every active case - abduction, homicide or missing persons - if a multi-agency LE investigative team asks the family not to talk publicly about the case, the family will comply. They’ll possibly be exasperated, resentful and frustrated at not being able to do so, but they’ll still likely comply. On the rare occasions that they disregard LE’s request - e.g. the nephew in this case regarding the bike and it’s condition - the shutters are quickly pulled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum