Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or perhaps the very opposite ... that figure he threw out there was interesting. He and/or his team/people have searched two-hundred square miles?
So if this area was already searched and eliminated, what was BM doing out there today?

Where is she Barry?
bbm
That ^^^

If it was searched and cleared, yes --what was he doing ?
Drop something ?
And I guess it's good he has mommy on his side. :rolleyes:

What are their plans for the $$$ raised in the crowd funding ?
The one that changed to list her as the beneficiary ?
Will it be used for looking for Suzanne ?
Curiouser and curiouser.
Imo.

I've listened to this video several times.

I need some outside ears to verify what he says at the :44 mark.

Here's what I think I'm hearing:

"Let me show you what happened."

Is that right? Anyone, anyone?
Dear GordianKnot,
Is it possible for you to, please, get this youtube video over to the sheriff?
.....with emphasis on those words you put in bolded quotation marks?
Thank you.

I cant say I condone the way the video was recorded - not only without permission, but also as a blatant lie, but I am interested in knowing BMs reaction to it. I would say it would be a testament to how he manages anger. :D

Did he really say “from what we got from the investigators, she was ABDUCTED right here?” Did he really say that? I mean, JMO and we have been round and round about this- but no hints have been given AT ALL from LE that THEY suspect an abduction. JMO, again.
That is an interesting point...JMO, if lion attack was ruled out by LE early on, AND BM cleared, isn’t random abduction one of few options left?
JMO, there are way too many missing people after some extremely thorough searches. Btw, I might interpret some of his waffling during video, as he was going thru possibility of bike attack, to be his emotions causing him to pause, as if the reality of either a lion attack or an abduction sinking in...

BM (2:13): .. My concerns were, this way, and that way if it was the cat because the cats they dragged their prey up the mountain and out of people's..We can't find sign for the cat but we got rain like right away, washed away sign...

When did it rain in Salida? Anyone know?

bbm
That ^^^

If it was searched and cleared, yes --what was he doing ?
Drop something ?
And I guess it's good he has mommy on his side. :rolleyes:

What are their plans for the $$$ raised in the crowd funding ?
The one that changed to list her as the beneficiary ?
Will it be used for looking for Suzanne ?
Curiouser and curiouser.
Imo.
Wow. Great point!!!

The way he trashes last enforcement is suspect. Why would you do that? If you really believe someone may have taken her, you would be harming the case against that person. Unless it’s you. MOO.

I agree that his trashing of law enforcement is suspect. It doesn't ring true, and if he's responsible for her disappearance, he has two reasons for promulgating this narrative about LE messing up the crime scene. First, it allows him to offer up a "bad guy" in his stead to the public. Barry knows the world is worried about his beautiful wife and is looking for someone to blame for all of this. In suggesting that LE messed up the crime scene he's telling the world: "LE is the bad guy here, LE is the reason we don't know where Suzanne is". Second, it allows him to "explain away" why LE doesn't have any leads or any ideas. "They messed up the crime scene," is Barry's explanation. In reality --- if Barry is responsible for her disappearance, this is --- the reason they don't have any leads or ideas (other than the husband) is that none exist, and none exist because Barry is the bad guy.

Last edited:
bbm
As far as your comment about the wallet... just speculating ---what if Suzanne came into the marriage with money and if she left BM would be either destitute or in debt ?
Imo.

This is a good thought. It would help to explain where they got the money to buy a $1.5 million home. There's no way they did that on Barry's earnings. Now, it may be that he inherited some money, but if she did, and if without her he would be leading a much less luxurious life, that could be motive.

It's interesting that a number of people here see a "believable," "earnest," even "charming" Barry Morphew here. I can't say that I see the same. I see a man trying out a number of stories, some of which do not make a lot of sense. Also, it's worth noting that the man speaking to Barry here --- Tyson Draper --- did not find him believable at all and said that his sense was that Barry was lying. Now, that doesn't mean Barry is in fact lying --- Draper could be wrong, of course --- but I think it's important to note that the guy who was speaking to Barry in person did not find him convincing. Some of you are possibly being misled by Barry's Midwestern mannerisms. Yes, Midwesterners tend to be very nice people, but just because a person has Midwestern mannerisms doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing something terrible.

Also, what was Barry doing that would cause him to be shirtless, wet and "frantic" looking --- Draper's description --- and in his truck, a quarter of a mile from his house (with several people, including his mother, in the truck with him)? Is he out there, pretending to be looking for Suzanne? For the mother's benefit perhaps? As if he's going to find Suzanne (or evidence) a quarter mile from his house and three weeks after she went missing? If so, I can't help but think that Barry is doing a lot of acting here, and none of it is very convincing.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion, and I continue to hope that I am wrong about him.
I'm curious too, what was he doing out there today?

To anyone's recollection. Has LE ever found a body, but not announced it right away?

Something bugging me about the rumor earlier today and the timing of this video with Barry spilling his guts to a stranger.

the “let me show you what happened” quote might be understandable if he is talking about the bike being found. If he is innocent, he knows for a fact he didn’t stage it. If he is going off what his friends told him, who found the bike before he arrived back from Denver, he obviously trusts what they told him and is relaying that info to the interviewer. JMO

It's weird language.

If friends had told him, or even if he'd been there himself when the bike was discovered, it would be normal to say, "Let me show you where her bike was found," or "Let me show you where we think she went missing."

He cannot possibly show anyone what happened, as ostensibly, he was not there when she disappeared.

He goes from "Let me show you what happened," to pointing out where her bike was found, launching into the cat scenario, suggesting that LE believes she was abducted, and detailing all the myriad ways in which LE screwed up the investigation.

It's remarkable.
He says, "Let me show you what happened," and proceeds to both literally and figuratively point the finger in every possible direction.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone literally point their finger in every possible direction away from themselves.

"Let me show you what happened."

Thanks, but that really won't be necessary.

We've already got the picture.

JMO.

Last edited:
The way he trashes last enforcement is suspect. Why would you do that? If you really believe someone may have taken her you would be harming the case against that person. Unless it’s you. MOO.

But - and let’s just assume for the sake of this point that he’s innocent - if he is certain that LE did drag that bike up a bank, it was handled by multiple people, and traffic was allowed to pass across the road, isn’t what he said utterly reasonable? It would irk me no end if evidence was compromised, I’d be furious (even more so when she remains missing and I later find myself under the predictable gaze of public scrutiny). Incidentally, I personally don’t think his comments were a significant or calculated “trashing” of LE anyway.

This is not going to be something that is hard to disprove - how the evidence was handled will all come out whatever the outcome. There’s a possibility BM was there with them searching when it was located. And if that is how the bike was handled, the Sheriff’s Office will have some explaining to do.

I'm curious too, what was he doing out there today?

To anyone's recollection. Has LE ever found a body, but not announced it right away?

Something bugging me about the rumor earlier today and the timing of this video with Barry spilling his guts to a stranger.
That sort of thing happens, but it’s rare. It’s hard to keep the discovery of a body secret these days, at least for any length of time.

I also don’t believe the CBI would have denied it, if there was any truth to it. It’s just a coincidence.

Did he really say “from what we got from the investigators, she was ABDUCTED right here?” Did he really say that? I mean, JMO and we have been round and round about this- but no hints have been given AT ALL from LE that THEY suspect an abduction. JMO, again.
Does anyone know if the “right here” he is referring to is anywhere near where coincidentally someone reported a suspicious van was parked?
That would sure shore up his abduction narrative.

Does anyone know if the “right here” he is referring to is anywhere near where coincidentally someone reported a suspicious van was parked?
That would sure shore up his abduction narrative.
Good question. <modsnip: rumor> the person that was interviewed saying “there was a suspicious vehicle”. Was that interview clip ever found?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member