Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to entertain this possibility. However, if they really coordinated this thing, I'm struggling to come up with a reasonable, logical explanation for why Tyler would be critical/suspicous-sounding of Barry in his post-interview commentary/analysis (most of which was on a separate video, though I recall he made a comment or two after he walked away from BM that were not favorable, one of which accused BM of making a kind of "threat" to Tyler if he were from the media. And apparently Tyler also commented on one of the follow-up videos that he ran into BM and his Mom at the local Walmart like 10 minutes later. (I believe someone posted about this last evening, if I'm not mistaken. If not, mea culpa, I must have read this somewhere else). ETA: Am thinking these are small-town coincidences, but am willing to hear other arguments.

I can't address any of the other things you mentioned, as I don't know anything about all that.
I just find the whole thing weird, and too convenient.
Not to mention, the astronomically fantastic odds that while tucked in maybe the pocket of his cargo shorts (guessing), Rando Youtuber Dude manages to still keep BM center frame of a video recording.

Yep... that happens every time I stick my phone in my pocket too.
o_O

Can we just all agree that they were married for 26 years and not 32 years? Obviously if they got married in 1994 they were not married for 32 years. If I posted the length of the marriage inaccurately, my apologies. Regardless, they were married at least a quarter of a century. The point of my post was that IMO BM did not show the level of grief or anxiety that I would expect from a person who has been a partner to Suzanne for that many years. Link to original post. CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10
Moving on now.

Lots of people here do it because it’s usually cheaper. It’s also against the law though.
Military have exemption from having to register their vehicals in most States they have been relocated too. I don't know about part time firefighters. That doesn't stop interfering neigbors from reporting you though! Moo

I can't address any of the other things you mentioned, as I don't know anything about all that.
I just find the whole thing weird, and too convenient.
Not to mention, the astronomically fantastic odds that while tucked in maybe the pocket of his cargo shorts (guessing), Rando Youtuber Dude manages to still keep BM center frame of a video recording.

Yep... that happens every time I stick my phone in my pocket too.
o_O
I hear you. Does anyone know if there are transcripts from the follow-up video/s Tyler made regarding his interview with BM?

Colorado has tons of transplants and many of them do not get CO tags. Sometimes it seems like every other car at my neighborhood grocery store has TX or CA tags.

Yes - it is pretty common in the Western U.S. Many people just leave their old plates until their tags expire (@ 2 years). Or many leave old plates if their business are incorporated in other states and their vehicles are used for business, etc. You are not supposed to leave old plates but a lot of people do for various reasons. Eventually you get a ticket or warning.

Last edited:
About Mother’s Day.... Though the topic has been discussed a lot.

I have no mom (deceased), my MIL lives several states away, and I’m child-free (by choice).

You know what I missed about MD this year? Going to the mall. It’s the only day of the year that I will actually go to the mall and spend time shopping. (Usually my trips to the mall are for a purpose. In and out.) The mall is kind of deserted on MD. I hate shopping but appreciate that this day it is always so uncrowded. (I probably should not Be telling this!)

I always think to myself, those poor moms have to spend what is supposed to be their day with their family. :D I always think they should get their day to be by themselves because they have to spend all the other days with their family! :eek: I say this as someone who is very social, but really appreciate my alone time.

Sure, they will get a gift card to a spa, but then they have to carve time out of the rest of their busy lives to use it. Why not give them the gift card and the day! (But I digress.)

I am frequently asked how I got the day to myself! I just say, that’s what I asked for.

All that is just a long winded way of saying MD means different things to different people. I am not the least bit bothered that SM spent MD alone. I do hate for her girls that she went missing on that day (as far as we know). My mom died on a holiday; you never get that day back. :(

I was going to post a similar thought.

I have a l0t of first reponders in my family and small circle of friends. Police, firefighters, paramedics, and EMTs.

So when I listen to BM's tone, it isn't a huge red flag for me. When my Dad was in hospice care, and we were all heavily grieving his imminent death, some of my family was able to speak about it and his current situation, calmly and rationally. I couldn't say 2 words without breaking down.

But I didn't love him MORE than my first responder relatives. They were just more measured and calm because they can compartmentalise things and stay rational so they can think.

I admit that I am still on the fence with this case. Maybe my hinky meter its broken. I don't know. But some of the things being labeled red flags are actually kind of explainable, in my mind.

I could be wrong of course. I may look foolish in the end. But for right now, I am stuck on that fence...:oops:

BBM: "I may look foolish in the end"
I like WS because I don't think anyone here thinks anyone is "foolish" or "off their rocker" for stating their thoughts or theories. It's good to post our thoughts, observations and theories and others respectfully question or post comments to each other. Everyone is so respectful on this site even though we may not all agree on any or all of the points.

Did you compare the handwriting on the bag and note? They are both Barry’s writing. Don’t know what it means at all.
Don't know if this was eventually answered but this food baggie seems to have been left for SM in case she is lost in the wilderness. I've seen this in at least one other lost hiker case. I don't think this is suspicious at all.

I just had a chance to read your transcript and note that BLM said:

"we can't find sign for the cat but we got rain like right away yeah"

To a hunter "sign" is "poop". A tracker uses it to determine approximately when the animal passed through. Expert trackers can tell a lot about an animal's recent diet, and in some cases even at what altitude belt the animal eats (above 9,000 the flora and fauna of the Rockies changes dramatically as the elevation goes higher, these "belts" can be identified by undigested particles in the sign. I have never tracked a puma, but I believe they are one of the many animals who usually squat in the trail. Even a gentle Colorado mountain rain would wash away "sign". I'm going to have to use myself as a reference here.......former avid big game hunter and sign examiner. IMO

I swear, Dave! The things you know! Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the word 'bro' is the same as calling someone dude or bud. Not necessarily meaning that there is some kind of kindred spirit thing going on.

"Bro" comes later
Tyson Draper introduces himself and BM says something about being very emotional and TD responds "Oh, absolutely Brother." Maybe interview was planned in advance but BM asked for no video.

Last edited:
wheatnotchaff said:
I hear you. Does anyone know if there are transcripts from the follow-up video/s Tyler made regarding his interview with BM?

Thanks, but I don' t see a link to any transcripts in this article, just to the video of the interview itself (that has since been taken down). Did I miss it somehow? I'm asking about transcripts to the video/s that Tyler made *after* he interviewed BM in which he processes/analyzes his interview with BM.

I also got the impression from the ytube that BM left for Denver on Sunday.

MSM previously reported SM's last known contact was on Saturday, May 9 but did not specify what form of contact.

Did BM implicate himself as the last person to see SM alive on Sunday? I wonder how BM's story here coincides with what he told LE? I'm totally prepared for BM to deny everything said in the recording --citing he knew the guy was opportunist media and lied to him. MOO

ETA: I also thought BM was limping.

BBM: I thought it looked like he was limping too.

For the obvious reasons, by his own words out of his mouth, we already know Tyler isn't an honorable person...then calling him brother and exchanging phone numbers and offerings to help....puh-leeze.

Well it makes perfect sense to me. Hey we are all different, don’t have to agree. It has already been posted here that people feel differently about Barry's involvement now and the same is true on SM from what I'm reading. It has nothing to do with changing actual evidence…all to do with perception of him in the court of public opinion. Barry has free reign to trash LE, to say they contaminated the evidence, to create the narrative of what happened. To add additional scenarios, already discounted but they help murky the waters and were reinforced and NO QUESTIONS asked. Barry doesn’t wonder why this person just happens to be hanging around there, in a remote area, where his wife just went missing. Hadn’t noticed him earlier? Tyler can’t believe his good fortune…accidently having on his phone, running into Barry, having Barry be receptive and recording Barry,
( unbeknownst to Barry of course) . Wow, good day for both those guys, how serendipitous.
You think he is going to appear wet with no shirt on in a staged video?

Presumably BM has proof he was in Denver on Mother’s Day. A couple things BM has going against him are...
1) He may have been the last known person to see her
2) Video surveillance appears to have been turned off
3) Daughters are away

Perfect storm?? Or coincidence??
It's nice to finally have someone pointing out things that are legitimately suspicious. Not being there for Mother's Day, that the video was a setup, wouldn't know where the bike was... those are not legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks