Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find so interesting is reading the comments from others under the recent YT video and on Facebook. Most (not all) seem to have had a change of heart about BM since his *interview* and convinced that he’s innocent and searching hard to find his wife?

Maybe I’m missing what they’re seeing in that video but I feel just the opposite.

JMO
MOO
The YT was interesting but his guilt is 50\50. MOO MOO it isn't possible without evidence to parse out guilt or innocence by demeanor.

For the obvious reasons, by his own words out of his mouth, we already know Tyler isn't an honorable person...then calling him brother and exchanging phone numbers and offerings to help....puh-leeze.

Well it makes perfect sense to me. Hey we are all different, don’t have to agree. It has already been posted here that people feel differently about Barry's involvement now and the same is true on SM from what I'm reading. It has nothing to do with changing actual evidence…all to do with perception of him in the court of public opinion. Barry has free reign to trash LE, to say they contaminated the evidence, to create the narrative of what happened. To add additional scenarios, already discounted but they help murky the waters and were reinforced and NO QUESTIONS asked. Barry doesn’t wonder why this person just happens to be hanging around there, in a remote area, where his wife just went missing. Hadn’t noticed him earlier? Tyler can’t believe his good fortune…accidently having on his phone, running into Barry, having Barry be receptive and recording Barry,
( unbeknownst to Barry of course) . Wow, good day for both those guys, how serendipitous.

I like your post - very good analysis. One extra point is that we have no way of knowing if BLM called the sheriff's investigators right after leaving, to report a strange man that did not tell the truth about his purpose for skulking so close to SM's house. After all, BLM insisted on getting his name and phone number...........what other purpose could that serve? IMO

But they don't have "it." (It = TD's video.) They have the one from the female video blogger who transcribed the text over the video.
Oh, I was not aware of that.
Frankly, I find the whole thing a little too convenient.
I mean, what are the odds some rando youtuber is going to run into BM, and that BM is going to freely speak to a complete stranger?
Fishy. I'm calling it fishy.

jmo

A few observations as someone who has taken photos and videos professionally...

The video is perfectly framed with BM in the center at the beginning of the video while both parties are walking, then adjusted to show a truck pull up, an older woman with white hair exit the driver’s side and go around the truck to sit in the passenger seat of the truck, then back again to show both BM and the truck in the same frame.

If you watch closely, you will see a hand at the top the frame of the video and hear a rustling sound and the angle of the recording device appears to be adjusted / corrected.

I have not seen the original version where he comments at the end of the video but the YTuber was clearly not being h0nest about not recording.

I’m still on the fence as to whether BM was in on the making of the video, but creating candid a one-shot wall-and-talk video with a hidden camera that manages to keep multiple subjects visible in the frame does seem like a stretch to me.

jmo

I like your post - very good analysis. One extra point is that we have no way of knowing if BLM called the sheriff's investigators right after leaving, to report a strange man that did not tell the truth about his purpose for skulking so close to SM's house. After all, BLM insisted on getting his name and phone number...........what other purpose could that serve? IMO
You said BM insisted on getting Tysons name and number. I believe it was Tyson who offered the number and offered help and BM then entered it in his phone memory.

I still say video is subjective. And Tyson was deceitful calling him Brother and offering his help while believing he was guilty of killing Suzanne. That’s pretty clear.

Is this (the video) the first time we’ve heard that the bike was in a ravine? I swear I’ve heard that it was found on a bridge.

I’m still on the fence, leaning toward the most typical outcome. But I will say that not all families make a big deal out of Mothers or Fathers Day - including mine. Especially this year.
I agree about Mother's Day. My husband has had to go work a job on Mother's Day before. People who are self employed have different schedules out of necessity.

But I spent the day with my kids on those days, so he didn't feel bad. I know he thinks I'm a great Mom, and I think he is a great breadwinner, so if he has to work that day, I am not upset.

She may have been just fine with it, knowing her daughter's were slowly making their way back home. So she had time to relax and spend some alone time. Such a tragic ending. :(

You said BM insisted on getting Tysons name and number. I believe it was Tyson who offered the number and offered help and BM then entered it in his phone memory.

I still say video is subjective. And Tyson was deceitful calling him Brother and offering his help while believing he was guilty of killing Suzanne. That’s pretty clear.

I think the word 'bro' is the same as calling someone dude or bud. Not necessarily meaning that there is some kind of kindred spirit thing going on.

<modsnip>

Ellen Killoran just tweeted:

Updated: The second copy of the video has since been removed from YouTube. That didn't last very long.
EK on Twitter

ETA I went to YT and it’s still up! Am confused.
^^bbm

The links that were shared to the video owner's content do not work because the owner deleted the video from youtube. If you click on a shared link on MSM you get a message that reads: Video Unavailable... Playback on other websites is disabled by the video owner.

I believe video is still available on youtube but on a different, independent channel that can't be shared/linked on WS.

BM doesn’t use any profanity in the video. Doesn’t mean a thing, but rare these days.
I don’t think so. If he is a practicing Christian he may not use profanity. I however am a practicing Christian, some may even say that I’m a “radical Christian” but I use profanity. I have tried multiple times to give it up, even fasting from it, but I always end up miserably failing. Maybe it’s an Aspie thing, maybe it’s not.
Regardless of his personal religious stance, there are people who don’t use profanity, for whatever reasons.
MOO. IMO.

ETA: I agree, it’s a rarity to not use profanity/obscene language nowadays.

Last edited:
BM doesn’t use any profanity in the video. Doesn’t mean a thing, but rare these days.
From all accounts, BM is a regular church goer.
For most folks, that means clean lifestyle & clean mouth.
For the most part, anyway.
Then again, BTK was also a regular church goer & likely didn't cuss around his wife or kids.
Food for thought.

I agree about Mother's Day. My husband has had to go work a job on Mother's Day before. People who are self employed have different schedules out of necessity.

But I spent the day with my kids on those days, so he didn't feel bad. I know he thinks I'm a great Mom, and I think he is a great breadwinner, so if he has to work that day, I am not upset.

She may have been just fine with it, knowing her daughter's were slowly making their way back home. So she had time to relax and spend some alone time. Such a tragic ending. :(

Maybe she got in that big garden tub for a long relaxing bubble bath thinking she was home all by herself.

Oh, I was not aware of that.
Frankly, I find the whole thing a little too convenient.
I mean, what are the odds some rando youtuber is going to run into BM, and that BM is going to freely speak to a complete stranger?
Fishy. I'm calling it fishy.

jmo
I'm willing to entertain this possibility. However, if they really coordinated this thing, I'm struggling to come up with a reasonable, logical explanation for why Tyler would be critical/suspicous-sounding of Barry in his post-interview commentary/analysis (most of which was on a separate video, though I recall he made a comment or two after he walked away from BM that were not favorable, one of which accused BM of making a kind of "threat" to Tyler if he were from the media. And apparently Tyler also commented on one of the follow-up videos that he ran into BM and his Mom at the local Walmart like 10 minutes later. (I believe someone posted about this last evening, if I'm not mistaken. If not, mea culpa, I must have read this somewhere else). ETA: Am thinking these are small-town coincidences, but am willing to hear other arguments.

Presumably BM has proof he was in Denver on Mother’s Day. A couple things BM has going against him are...
1) He may have been the last known person to see her
2) Video surveillance appears to have been turned off
3) Daughters are away

Perfect storm?? Or coincidence??

I don’t think so. If he is a practicing Christian he may not use profanity. I however am a practicing Christian, some may even say that I’m a “radical Christian” but I use profanity. I have tried multiple times to give it up, even fasting from it, but I always end up miserably failing. Maybe it’s an Aspie thing, maybe it’s not. Regardless on his personal religious stance, there are people who don’t use profanity, for whatever reasons.
MOO. IMO.

Christian here too, and I think that was a perfectly reasonable response.
I just don't think it's an Aspie thing :) We all struggle with stuff.

I agree. There are some people, who when a crisis hits, immediately go into “fix it” mode. There’s a problem (missing wife) that needs solving so I’ll do Step 1, Step 2, etc. Logical versus emotional. Grief can occur after checking off the boxes on my To Do list (1. Call police. 2. Call family. 3. Check security camera footage...hmmm).

I operate this way to an extent. Many of the first responder types I know have this trait. (My hubby is former LE, one son is former EMT, plus I have several close friends who are fire fighters.). JMO.

BM, as a volunteer firefighter, may have similar traits. His apparent lack of emotion doesn’t necessarily mean he’s uncaring. Plus we don’t know how he responds at the end of the day behind closed doors.

Not speculating on his guilt or innocence, but I’ve seen some crocodile tears shed by guilty people and I’ve seen very stoic innocent people.
I was going to post a similar thought.

I have a l0t of first reponders in my family and small circle of friends. Police, firefighters, paramedics, and EMTs.

So when I listen to BM's tone, it isn't a huge red flag for me. When my Dad was in hospice care, and we were all heavily grieving his imminent death, some of my family was able to speak about it and his current situation, calmly and rationally. I couldn't say 2 words without breaking down.

But I didn't love him MORE than my first responder relatives. They were just more measured and calm because they can compartmentalise things and stay rational so they can think.

I admit that I am still on the fence with this case. Maybe my hinky meter its broken. I don't know. But some of the things being labeled red flags are actually kind of explainable, in my mind.

I could be wrong of course. I may look foolish in the end. But for right now, I am stuck on that fence...:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms