Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who keeps a photo or serial number of a bicycle? We only keep serial numbers of things that exceed our insurance deductible. If LE takes a photo at the scene showing it to someone at the scene would be a whooooooole lot faster than digging through files looking for old photos and serial numbers.

JMO
I have numerous photos of our bikes and the serial numbers are listed on the receipts, which I keep. Maintenance records, too.

Last edited:
And if BM wasn't the author of that message to the church in IN, telling them SM's bike was crashed, then who was it?
Who else would send their old church a message asking for prayer?
Who would know that her bike was found "crashed" and how would they know that?
Did the same person contact the person in charge of the prayer chain at the new church?

At first I didn't think it was BM that sent the message because the article says “Barry is just beside himself and so are the rest of us because they can’t find her,” the message, sent on May 11, reads in part." ‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

Those first few days, it was TN doing all the speaking, so I thought maybe it was him that sent this message but it sort of doesn't make sense he'd contact their old church in a previous state where they lived.

Ellen Killoran wrote this article and I don't think she's a member here, but @leighEg is, so maybe we can ask her to ask EK to join us :cool:

TN has lived in CO for over 10 years so I don't know how familiar he would be with current parishioners. He may have written it on behalf of BM, though.

That's fine. We'll agree to disagree.

The most logical reason that LE would show family or close friends a piece of evidence is for accurate identity purposes. Is LE going to testify at trial an old photo was used to identify it? I don't believe so. I also wasn't aware the family including the daughters are all treated as suspects.

LE wouldn't be showing the photo to the public, they'd be showing it to someone close to SM so they could identify just as they ask someone close to the victim to identify clothing and other personal items found. I seriously doubt a neighbor or other residents of a rural area are going to know the brand and model of a bicycle but that's just my opinion.
I definitely see what you’re saying, it would be easier for family to identify the item.

But, in BM’s own words, he said that LE will not release the article found of SM’s, so how would they identify it was hers? Couldn’t the bike be the same way? JMO

I definitely see what you’re saying, it would be easier for family to identify the item.

But, in BM’s own words, he said that LE will not release the article found of SM’s, so how would they identify it was hers? Couldn’t the bike be the same way? JMO

It might be easier for family to identity the bike, but serial number is better evidence.

Also, LE might prefer not to show the bike to family, just as they prefer not to reveal the article found.

Agree. For that matter, we have never heard if Suzanne's scent was found on that trail or around where they found her bike. I've been curious about this myself.

If she was attacked by a mountain lion, something would have been found of her- torn clothing and well the obvious- blood, urine, etc- some body fluids of Suzanne's would have been in the area.

I am confident that the Sheriff's thoughts about her not being attacked by a mountain lion is 100% accurate.
ITA that a wild animal attack was ruled out ( probably in the first 24 hours IMO).

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE

Salida, Colorado

PRESS RELEASE

May 13, 2020

On May 10, 2020 the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to County Road 225 and West Highway 50 on a report of a missing woman. Investigation revealed that Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from Maysville had gone for a bike ride in that area and had not returned home.

A search began immediately. Over the past 4 days over 100 search personnel from Chaffee County Search and Rescue, Department of Corrections, and the Chaffee County Combined Tac Team have scoured the area. Numerous Drones have been used for countless hours to assist in the search. 8 different tracking and scent dogs from the Department of Corrections and the Search and Rescue Dogs of Colorado were deployed to aid in the search. Members from Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams have searched area watersheds and Reach Air Ambulance flew search missions as well, however Ms Morphew has yet to be located.

In conjunction with the search the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation into the disappearance of Ms Morphew. Investigators from the 11th Judicial District, Colorado Bureau of Investigations, the Salida Police Department, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigations have joined the effort.

Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

It might be easier for family to identity the bike, but serial number is better evidence.

Also, LE might prefer not to show the bike to family, just as they prefer not to reveal the article found.
Yes! Your last comment was exactly what I was trying to say. If they didn’t reveal one article to the family, then it is quite possible they didn’t reveal the bike! JMO

ETA: unless one thinks BM lied about LE not revealing the “article” as he calls it!

They didn't rule out an abduction. More like they didn't look for anyone else. How is THAT going?
We do not know if they did or did not look for anyone else. Unfortunately many people (outside of Chaffee County), in fact all over the world, have gone missing and have never been found, despite multiple searches by LE and other agencies, or their remains are found years later. Sometimes no one knows what led to their disappearance or death. I know of way too many cases like this, way too many to list. I think LE is doing everything they can to solve this mystery.

That interview Lauren Scharf posted today—she said that LE is seeking tips because someone may have seen SM after the last reported time anyone saw her or spoke to her.

To me, that suggests that the last day anyone saw her or spoke to her (possible other than a POI) was Saturday or earlier. MOO, they are gathering information to figure out just how long she’s been missing. It really makes the bike look suspicious.

MOO

Bolded by me- Wow, this makes me wonder exactly the last time those closest to her saw her in person or heard her voice on the phone. I don't know what to make of this.

If they were to go by her husband's last time he saw her alive, according to the video- wasn't it Mother's Day morning? Can someone help me here- I think he said he talked to her in the morning.

So other than her husband, who was the last to hear her voice on the phone or in person? They obviously don't want to know who texted with her, as that isn't proof that she was sending them.

We wouldn't be the jury because there would be no jury and no arrest at this point in time. People always assume a case has gone cold when a week or 2 pass without being told something/anything.

Those who have followed criminal cases for a long time know the drill -- you'll learn very little, if anything, LE discloses very little, and it takes as long as it takes for LE to gather all the evidence to lead to an arrest. It can take months, sometimes many months. It's part of the reality if a case is going to be followed.

This is not the first case I have followed and I am aware of the "drill" I am the sort of person who obsessively looks at cold cases and am haunted by them because I just can't accept knowing the family has to live with the emptiness and that not knowing where a loved one is dead or alive. So excuse me for getting upset but I always wish for more because I always hope the person is alive. And as for your jury comment it was to say we are here saying guilty or innocent when we are not at that point in the case because WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INFO

So who identified the bike and the personal item? Just asking.........don't really expect an answer.

MOO...the bike could’ve been identified by serial number, provided by family.

Have no idea about the personal item. But if the family doesn’t know what it is, it stands to reason that they didn’t ID it. The helmet is one guess.

MOO

MOO...the bike could’ve been identified by serial number, provided by family.

Have no idea about the personal item. But if the family doesn’t know what it is, it stands to reason that they didn’t ID it. The helmet is one guess.

MOO

Where would LE get the serial number of the bicycle, if the family didn't give it to them?

The helmet is a great guess, especially if it was the one in her photograph. Perhaps the bicycle frame was the same color. Not even an opinion....just a guess. Would that be JAG?

The bike the bike, reminds me of Fantasy Island w/Tattoo calling da plane. I think a lot of people are envisioning a road, a tree and a bike then argue whether upright/fallen.

I suspect there is a bike and it's in that "ditch". The video where Barry points to "that tree" you can't see from the road. Then points up there.

Smart Cat, got a human off a bike, into a ditch, carried em off across the road, up a mountain and notta drop in sight/witness.

Since T says he seen BM prior to interview, LE wants his data. Furthermore, how and where you see this guy you say is BM, while you're driving? How could you make BM out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar