Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

‘Draper shared more detail of his earlier encounter with Morphew, when he saw the Suzanne’s husband driving his truck on a road near the Morphew home, which he also said is separated by a patch of forest from a creek. Draper said he had seen a silver or gray truck parked on the side of the road as he was walking and filming. He said he was narrating as he filmed and felt that anyone who was nearby would have been able to hear him. As Draper was walking back down the road he said a slow-moving truck passed him from behind, the same one that had been parked on the road earlier, and that he clearly saw Barry Morphew in the driver’s seat. He said Morphew as “soaking wet” and not wearing a shirt.

Draper said that the weather on Saturday was gray, rainy, and a bit cold, but that Morphew looked like “he had fallen through ice … He looked like a zombie.” Draper said he believes Morphew must have been in the creek, and said that while he didn’t see Morphew emerge from the woods separating the creek from the road, he believes that would have been the only way Morphew could have accessed his car without passing Draper in the other direction.’

YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on

Didn't he also say that Barry was leaning forward with his chest pressed against the steering wheel?

SABBM

The bolded has me the most concerned.
As well as the lack of anything to identify a kidnapped woman.
Nothing.
What did Jayme Closs leave behind that identified her as a kidnapped woman? Nothing. Which is why there was speculation for months that she was a willing participant in her parents' murder and her disappearance. Turns out, she wasn't kidnapped for ransom but was abducted by a vile, evil man who totally controlled her.

Where is the proof KM hasn't met the same fate?

JMO

Bike Pix & Serial #?
Who keeps a photo or serial number of a bicycle? We only keep serial numbers of things that exceed our insurance deductible. If LE takes a photo at the scene showing it to someone at the scene would be a whooooooole lot faster than digging through files looking for old photos and serial numbers. JMO
@MyBelle bbm :) Many bike owners keep digital and/or hardcopy pix of bicycles & related gear. Serious cyclers* can plunk down five figures for a bike and have more than one. If stolen, would meet most H/O deductibles. For some organized ppl, locating multiple pix & info would take only a few minutes.
Yes, likely LE could produce pic faster for fam to ID bike. but as someone pointed out, that LE's preferred tactic is often for fam to provide pic of missing item. jmo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* In Moab, Utah, which promotes itself as "home of the greatest mountain biking on the planet," someone told me
: You're not considered a serous biker unless your cheapest bicycle cost more than your car.:eek:

Where would LE get the serial number of the bicycle, if the family didn't give it to them?

The helmet is a great guess, especially if it was the one in her photograph. Perhaps the bicycle frame was the same color. Not even an opinion....just a guess. Would that be JAG?

Why not from family?

I’m only saying that it’s possible the family hasn’t seen the bike. LE could’ve recovered the bike Sunday evening and asked the family for the serial number the next morning. JMO, possibilities and theories.

What’s JAG?

Bolded by me- Wow, this makes me wonder exactly the last time those closest to her saw her in person or heard her voice on the phone. I don't know what to make of this.

If they were to go by her husband's last time he saw her alive, according to the video- wasn't it Mother's Day morning? Can someone help me here- I think he said he talked to her in the morning.

So other than her husband, who was the last to hear her voice on the phone or in person? They obviously don't want to know who texted with her, as that isn't proof that she was sending them.

In the recent "no body" trial of Patrick Frazee, every text that was sent from his phone was introduced as evidence with accompanying verbal statement by LE that he had created and sent them. No additional proof was offered, and defense offered no objection. IMO

Yes and it is strange that friends of Suzanne and Barry aren’t talking. I suppose the town is so small and everyone is known, so no one wants to talk to the media. Or maybe since they have only lived there 2 1/2 years, they aren’t well known. Thing is, they are both described as friendly and outgoing.

I am puzzled as to why LE asked neighbors to hold onto surveillance videos but do not want to view them at this time. That is the strangest part of all this. Why not view them now? So weird.
iirc, LE asked neighbors to review their surveillance videos. After all, several weeks after Mollie Tibbetts disappeared it was a home security video someone discovered and sent it to LE that broke the case wide open. I seriously doubt LE has the investigative resources to go through all the home security video.

JMO

Bike Pix & Serial #?
@MyBelle bbm :) Many bike owners keep digital and/or hardcopy pix of bicycles & related gear. Serious cyclers* can plunk down five figures for a bike and have more than one. If stolen, would meet most H/O deductibles. For some organized ppl, locating multiple pix & info would take only a few minutes.
Yes, likely LE could produce pic faster for fam to ID bike. but as someone pointed out, that LE's preferred tactic is often for fam to provide pic of missing item. jmo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* In Moab, Utah, which promotes itself as "home of the greatest mountain biking on the planet," someone told me
: You're not considered a serous biker unless your cheapest bicycle cost more than your car.:eek:
Very true, but how would LE find serial number information for anything of SM's (except her motor vehicles) without family assistance?

What did Jayme Closs leave behind that identified her as a kidnapped woman? Nothing. Which is why there was speculation for months that she was a willing participant in her parents' murder and her disappearance. Turns out, she wasn't kidnapped for ransom but was abducted by a vile, evil man who totally controlled her.

Where is the proof KM hasn't met the same fate?

JMO
We knew Jayme Closs was kidnapped from day one. A couple idiots speculating that she was involved, does not a consensus make.

The FBI and CBI obviously do not believe that happened here, as they have handled this as anything but an abduction.

These are not incompetent agencies that immediately rule out scenarios based on statistics. One day in the (hopefully) not too distant future, we will know what their reasoning was.

There is no proof that any scenario did or did not happen, and all we can do is gauge what is going on based on how the case is being handled.

Based on past cases involving both of these agencies, I’m convinced this is a no-body homicide case with an identified suspect.

Why not from family?

I’m only saying that it’s possible the family hasn’t seen the bike. LE could’ve recovered the bike Sunday evening and asked the family for the serial number the next morning. JMO, possibilities and theories.

What’s JAG?

JAG = Just A Guess
I was asking a question, not stating a fact.

We knew Jayme Closs was kidnapped from day one. A couple idiots speculating that she was involved, does not a consensus make.

The FBI and CBI obviously do not believe that happened here, as they have handled this as anything but an abduction.

These are not incompetent agencies that immediately rule out scenarios based on statistics. One day in the (hopefully) not too distant future, we will know what their reasoning was.

There is no proof that any scenario did or did not happen, and all we can do is gauge what is going on based on how the case is being handled.

Based on past cases involving both of these agencies, I’m convinced this is a no-body homicide case with an identified suspect.

Does anyone know if the CBI and the FBI went home after the slab search? Just asking. I really don't know.

Does anyone know if the CBI and the FBI went home after the slab search? Just asking. I really don't know.
Well that would certainly be weird, especially this early in an investigation. The CBI did respond to Lauren Scharf tonight, so I think it’s safe to say they’re still involved.

iirc, LE asked neighbors to review their surveillance videos. After all, several weeks after Mollie Tibbetts disappeared it was a home security video someone discovered and sent it to LE that broke the case wide open. I seriously doubt LE has the investigative resources to go through all the home security video.

JMO
Real LE esp that CBI they going through everything that's an impressive group.

JAG = Just A Guess
I was asking a question, not stating a fact.

Oh! Good one. I was thinking of that military lawyer show JAG :p

Since Salida does not offer bike registration, family records may be the only way—especially to get the confirmation within a couple days, Maybe the county offers bike registration. I didn’t check that.

Bolded by me- Wow, this makes me wonder exactly the last time those closest to her saw her in person or heard her voice on the phone. I don't know what to make of this.

If they were to go by her husband's last time he saw her alive, according to the video- wasn't it Mother's Day morning? Can someone help me here- I think he said he talked to her in the morning.

So other than her husband, who was the last to hear her voice on the phone or in person? They obviously don't want to know who texted with her, as that isn't proof that she was sending them.
I believe BM left for Denver on Saturday. I don't believe he said he spoke to SM on Mother's Day but its likely he did based on the many years they had been together. My husband always wishes me a Happy Mother's Day.

I find it highly doubtful SM did not have a voice conversation with at least one of her daughters on Saturday to plan their trip back home for Mother's Day. I base that on my own experience with children during this pandemic. They worry about their parents. And people usually do recognize the style of writing in text messages. Everything seems to leave data footprints these days.

JMO

Well that would certainly be weird, especially this early in an investigation. The CBI did respond to Lauren Scharf tonight, so I think it’s safe to say they’re still involved.

So the CBI was watching a blogger interview a television reporter on YouTube tonight? I'm not sure why, but I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling. IMO

So the CBI was watching a blogger interview a television reporter on YouTube tonight? I'm not sure why, but I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling. IMO
According to the blogger, he contacted law enforcement after the interview. For once, it appears he was telling the truth. That, or the media informed them.

I’d be very concerned if the CBI didn’t know about this by now.

Sure. I didn’t think of that. Enough for them to know he likely made her disappear but no body to prove it. Not yet.

I don’t look for Suzanne to ever be found, regardless of who did what to her.:(

I am feeling very sad and feeling the same way. I am usually optimistic, but maybe it's a sign of the times - I don't feel optimistic about Suzanne's disappearance.

In fact, I'm thinking that all these people "isolating" from each other means that there are many more vulnerable (isolated) people. We all know that opportunists look for isolated individuals or moments when a target is isolated.

How do you handle these cases, @Love Never Fails ? this one is really getting to me.

Bike Pix & Serial #?

Is there proof SB's bicycle cost more than her car? I find that very doubtful. I don't know that LE has a preferred tactic for family to provide a photo of the missing item. It seems to me, recovered evidence in a criminal investigation has a standard of proof a tad more definitive than an old photo.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members