Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either he’s cooperating or LE wants to maintain a narrative that he’s cooperating. IMO
ETA: Or both

Totally meaningless. Scott Peterson was proclaimed cooperative and he's been on death row how many years? Although I do hope his current appeal is successful.

JMO

LS said the fire chief said he was first notified at 6AM Monday morning about SM and the family said they had already found the bike.

To clarify, Fox 21 previously interviewed the Chaffee County Fire Chief who confirmed to Reporter Lauren Scharf that persons often go missing from the recreational areas, but it's highly unusual for locals to go missing.

The Fire Chief indicated he learned for the first time that SM was missing at 6 AM on Monday, May 11, 2020, and also that her bike had been recovered Sunday night from a ravine.

Understandably, the Fire Chief did not reveal who updated him on Monday morning and/or informed him about the details of the search or recovery of the bike.

(We've long known that family member TN (nephew) confirmed to MSM on May 14 that the bike was found on Sunday night but he did not reveal any details).

For those asking why the Fire Chief would have any information, the Chief is a leader in the Chaffee County public servant arm along with Cops, Courts, and Fire.

Additionally, the Chief advised that there's also a North and South Chaffee County Search and Rescue Team that works with the Sheriff's office to search for missing persons.

Lauren Scharf is a professional reporter and takes questions on twitter.
(LS participated live with DWAP 6/2/2020).

@LaurenScharfTV
Storyteller, reporter, truth seeker FOX21 News

I truly do not understand why you think LE would resist showing the actual evidence or a photo of actual evidence to a close friend or family member for identification purposes but would prefer a serial number. I would think such tactic could have a profound ramification at trial. It makes no logical sense to me. How did BM know what direction the bike wheel was facing if he wasn't told?

JMO

If they found evidence pointing to a family member, that may be a reason not to show them evidence they’ve collected. It leaves an opportunity for someone to trip up and say more than they should, revealing information the shouldn’t know. Like, for example, the position of the bicycle tire.

MOO

Is there a downside to matching serial numbers with records? Seems like better identification of the bike for trial purposes than witness ID, but I’m not a lawyer. MOO

Is there proof SB's bicycle cost more than her car? I find that very doubtful. I don't know that LE has a preferred tactic for family to provide a photo of the missing item. It seems to me, recovered evidence in a criminal investigation has a standard of proof a tad more definitive than an old photo.

JMO

Seriously, she could have picked up the base model Juliana for around $4,199 from her neighborhood Tomichi cycles in Gunnison and no serious biker would have looked twice, out on the trail.

Juliana Joplin C R Complete Mountain Bike - Women's 2020 | evo

Tomichi Cycles | Bikes and Rentals | Gunnison Colorado>

Last edited:
I agree. But I also believe the bike is a deterrant and is being pushed as a focal point of the story. I mostly do not believe what happened to SM had anything to do with a bike at all. But thats just my honest opinion.
Agreed!!
To quote you: "...the bike is a deterrant and is being pushed as a focal point of the story."

Exactly. And there are other ways of identifying it.

If I were involved as an investigator, I would immediately note that the husband wasn't home either at the time of the bike ride nor at the time that the 911 call was made nor at the time that LE arrived.

Then, I'd politely ask where he'd been.

In this case, apparently he says, "Denver."

I'd also check his cell records and see who he called between telling the neighbor to call police (after speaking with daughters) and arriving back at home.

I suspect it will include his mother and his nephew. None of that is necessarily suspicious, but it certain bears close examination.

It means his phone was on, for one thing.

Otherwise, he inexplicably waits and doesn't have his phone on, even though his daughters are now in the middle of his wife and their mother being missing.

And I'm aware that Suzanne had two distinct roles in his mind.

BBM. Really? Do share with us what those distinct roles happen to be.

I think most folks, when they are working, their cell phone is on. There is no evidence whatsoever that BM's cell phone was "off." I also don't believe we have been told who asked the neighbor to phone police. I think it was the daughters. Are they suspects?

I also believe data can pinpoint where that a cellphone is located whether it is on or off.

I'm not sure why you think BM's mother or nephew are somehow suspicious. I have no idea where either lives, this was prior to SM reported missing and we are not allowed to sleuth them.

JMO

Yes. I agree. Since he is basically claiming that LE obliterated any possible mountain lion evidence by trampling, bringing in dogs, searching for humans and not lions, etc, he's now directly opposing LE and LE is opposing him.

I sure do hope LE has some evidence from the house (I doubt there's blood evidence), or from his digital footprint.
This is interesting.

I don't know much about digital footprints....

BM’s mother was in the truck while he was talking to TD. Maybe they mean she’s cooperating and answering questions about that.

Good call @Truecolors! Mrs. Morphew was a witness to the conversation between TD and BM, and she also spoke with him.

I think it's very likely that BM filed a report with the Chaffee County Sherriff after he talked to TD (and definitely after he went viral).

If my loved one was missing (that I believed was abducted) and I happened upon a complete stranger wandering around my secluded neighborhood, soliciting details about the case, I'd be contacting authorities (and before I stopped at Walmart).

MOO

The article does not report an attack.
I don't think anyone thinks attacks are a myth. But a mountain lion killing a person and dragging them off so that nothing remains and the victim is never found, imo that is what people are disputing.

FOX 31 Denver: Mountain lion captured in garage of Longmont home.
Mountain lion captured in garage of Longmont home

For people who seem to think the mountain lion attacks are a myth

Either he’s cooperating or LE wants to maintain a narrative that he’s cooperating. IMO
ETA: Or both
Scott Peterson cooperated. Means nothing.

JMO
Does anyone know if the CBI and the FBI went home after the slab search? Just asking. I really don't know.
I doubt they did. Those guys are usually all in. Just as Army Rangers are usually all in.

JMO

Your post just reminded me of something from early in the investigation. Does anyone remember the gentleman that spoke of seeing a vehicle on the trails or road that he didn’t feel belonged there? We speculated what that could have meant and I remember posting, perhaps and “out-of-state” licence plate?? Didn’t TD mention that BM’s truck was still sporting out-0f-state plates, as in Indiana??

HMMMMMM!

Ed: lol changed Province to State :)
Ha! Yes, I asked the very same question last night. It was reposted and it is not the same person.

Last post for me tonite, Big IF , but IF someone parked vehicle and walked from it intending to carry victim a short distance away from accident site. could he have yanked helmet off, as Suzanne was head butting and struggling intending to retrieve. I think he may have had to chase her, and couldn’t risk gong back to retrieve it. I have no info on the roadside makeup as to signs of struggle, a bit rocky or clay. JMO, this would leave signs that LE would have discovered in lion search. And every second in the open is risky. Perhaps he used taser or chloroform. Vandalism
had occurred on trail, nails and a branch, insignificant at the time. IMO, he would have ambushed her on return journey, when she was tired. No body, suggests a sexual assault elsewhere, and possibly captivity.
may have had these suspicions from the beginning and that may be why CBI & FBI from beginning. BM still needed to be investigated as he may have hired this person.
MOO
I doubt that happened. I think her bike was struck and she was quickly stuffed into a car trunk as was Jayme Closs, Sierah Joughin and Mollie Tibbetts.

JMO

FOX 31 Denver: Mountain lion captured in garage of Longmont home.
Mountain lion captured in garage of Longmont home

For people who seem to think the mountain lion attacks are a myth
I see people saying it wasn't an attack because it appears, going by the statement of the Sheriff, that there wasn't evidence of one. I have no doubts that it happens, rare as they may be. I just don't believe in Suzanne's case, that this is what happened to her.

He says that the neighbor found that Suzanne’s car was at the residence, but that her bike was gone.
SEE IT: Husband of missing Colorado woman Suzanne Morphew shares details of wife’s disappearance in secret recording, suggesting she may have been kidnapped [VIDEO]
D, who says in the video that he is from Arizona, apparently traveled to Chaffee County, Colorado, and tracked down BM as he was in the mountainous area where investigators have been searching for Suzanne, who was reported missing from her Maysville home on May 10.
----
so her car was there...and neighbor must have known enough about the bike to know that it was missing. how in the world did TD happen to find BM?? that's quite a coincidence -
JMO
Good question.

I hope LE is still being diligent on finding Suzanne because it seems where I’m located in CA most of LE is focusing on the protests and riots going on all over the state while all other cases are being put on the back burner because of all the manpower required.
I doubt the FBI or the CBI or the Sheriff is focused on protests nor have I heard that protests have in any way affected that small community in Colorado. I think this case continues to have full focus of LE as well it should.

JMO

Thanks for the OT info. I was commenting on Peterson may have seemed "cooperative....yet police viewed him suspicious.

Today, BM or anyone else for that matter can seem cooperative, but LE may view them differently.
LE routinely claims suspects are "cooperative" and then they turn around and arrest and charge them. It means nothing.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member