Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, then his natural mode of speech prefers hyperbole, at least more than average. Thanks for the update on the weather. The part I saw he has his damp shirt back on. And it's not raining. But if it were raining earlier, then that explains the shirt being off.

He certainly seemed to want to interact with a person who is, apparently, a total stranger. And show him what happened.
BBM
And this bothers me.
No way no how am I giving a stranger info. No.

I'm just still so confused. It reminds me of catching a six year old in a lie... and several different versions of a story come out of their mouths in quick succession.
Well, which one is it? Just tell me the truth!
  • Why did BM put up a reward for SM safe return? We are led to believe she was abducted and someone knows where she is or who has her
  • Why did BM make a FB video pleading with some random person for SM's safe return, (no questions asked)? We are let to believe she was abducted by a certain person(s) or organized group who will see BM's message and call the phone #
  • Why did BM say "let me tell you what happened" to TD and talk about the mountain lion dragging their prey up the hillside (but rain possibly washed away whatever)? We are led to believe that she was attacked by a mountain lion and either killed or critically injured and dragged away
  • Why did BM point to the area where bike was allegedly found and emphasize the way the tire was positioned (and then LE botched handling the bike)? We are led to believe that a car maybe hit her as she was riding her bike and she tumbled down into the ravine. Maybe the perp panicked and took her from the scene or maybe she was critically injured and fell into the fast river below
  • Why did an individual (we are not sure it was BM) send an email to the church members in IN saying SM wrecked on her bike? We are led to believe this as a fact because it is being communicated to beloved community members about their beloved friend SM
At the end of the day, these different versions of events coming straight from BM's mouth are the reason I am having a hard time following any other train of thought. I really really want to keep an open mind but I just feel like I am being lied to and I think my six year old does a much better job ! ALL JMO

Why didn't TD immediately notify LE of the zip lock bag? BM had asked him not to touch any possible evidence yet TD ignored him totally, opened the bag, claimed the handwriting matched BM's and yet didn't bother to collect it.

JMO
ADMIN NOTE:

Yesterday a random youtube video by TD was approved with instruction to discuss only what BM and TD said in the interview. It appears members have simply ignored that post.

Move on from speculating what TD may or may not have done before or after, or what he himself thinks about BM. The video was allowed so members could form their own opinion of the content of the video. It was not authorized for members to sleuth TD, to speculate on his motives, to speculate where the video went and why, or to judge him as an individual (some even suggesting him as a POI or somehow complicit in Suzanne's case).

If members can't post in accordance with those instructions, they will be banned from this discussion.

If you have questions, do not post them on the thread. Private message a Mod or Admin and we will clarify.

BBM
And this bothers me.
No way no how am I giving a stranger info. No.
I'm not wholly convinced that there wasn't some sort of connection. Maybe they didn't know each other personally, but a friends of friends type thing.

Let's say, hypothetically, you have a nephew or cousin in AZ who occasionally does crime vlogs on YouTube and your friend's wife mysteriously disappears. Would you call your contact in AZ and say, hey, you may want to do a vlog on this? Or contact your friend with the missing wife and say, you may want to talk to this guy?

All hypothetically, and of course, MOO.

I'm just still so confused. It reminds me of catching a six year old in a lie... and several different versions of a story come out of their mouths in quick succession.
Well, which one is it? Just tell me the truth!
  • Why did BM put up a reward for SM safe return? We are led to believe she was abducted and someone knows where she is or who has her
  • Why did BM make a FB video pleading with some random person for SM's safe return, (no questions asked)? We are let to believe she was abducted by a certain person(s) or organized group who will see BM's message and call the phone #
  • Why did BM say "let me tell you what happened" to TD and talk about the mountain lion dragging their prey up the hillside (but rain possibly washed away whatever)? We are led to believe that she was attacked by a mountain lion and either killed or critically injured and dragged away
  • Why did BM point to the area where bike was allegedly found and emphasize the way the tire was positioned (and then LE botched handling the bike)? We are led to believe that a car maybe hit her as she was riding her bike and she tumbled down into the ravine. Maybe the perp panicked and took her from the scene or maybe she was critically injured and fell into the fast river below
  • Why did an individual (we are not sure it was BM) send an email to the church members in IN saying SM wrecked on her bike? We are led to believe this as a fact because it is being communicated to beloved community members about their beloved friend SM
At the end of the day, these different versions of events coming straight from BM's mouth are the reason I am having a hard time following any other train of thought. I really really want to keep an open mind but I just feel like I am being lied to and I think my six year old does a much better job ! ALL JMO

Good points!
I stayed away from this thread for a while. There is still not an excact location for the bike. Which makes her last location impossible to pin point. Was she walking back after she wrecked it? The position of the tire can also happen when bumping into a rock, log or a hole in the ground.

I am still sceptable about any staging of any kind. It involves a lot back and forth, meanwhile keeping her body somewhere (transportation). And knowledge of the area, in order to purposely confuse anybody looking for her.

But that would be down the road - it's not urgent and would be secondary.

If the bike they found belongs to someone else - that's very strange. And not logical. And says that LE is really on the wrong track.

Is that what you're saying? That a bike is so hard to identify with a few adjectives that LE would spend a lot of time interviewing people about bikes?

I'm guessing that the actual purchase of the bike is somewhere in the Morphew's financial records, the model of the bike was known by about day 7-8, and no other thing was needed. And it was common sense and neighbor information that confirmed the bike in the first place.

Why have some kind of human gumshoe effort to ID a bicycle? Especially when the family has already said the woman was on a bike ride and a bike was found nearby?

I'm sure that almost 4 weeks in, LE knows a heckuva lot about the entire family's bicycles, vehicles, garage use, phone use. etc.

No need to show photos - just document the purchase. Done. BAM!

BBM. No. What I'm saying is that I believe LE will seek positive identification of forensic evidence gathered in a criminal search by asking close family/friends to personally look at it and identify it. Frankly, the idea would LE would rather ask the Morphew's to tediously comb through financial records to find purchase information is ridiculous. I don't view LE as "human gumshoe." That's your descriptive, not mine.

But, again, we'll agree to disagree.

JMO

Good points!
I stayed away from this thread for a while. There is still not an excact location for the bike. Which makes her last location impossible to pin point. Was she walking back after she wrecked it? The position of the tire can also happen when bumping into a rock, log or a hole in the ground.

I am still sceptable about any staging of any kind. It involves a lot back and forth, meanwhile keeping her body somewhere (transportation). And knowledge of the area, in order to purposely confuse anybody looking for her.
In the begining I wondered about walking after a wreck----but LE dogs picked up no scent of hers.
That lead me back to the house again.

I'm not wholly convinced that there wasn't some sort of connection. Maybe they didn't know each other personally, but a friends of friends type thing.

Let's say, hypothetically, you have a nephew or cousin in AZ who occasionally does crime vlogs on YouTube and your friend's wife mysteriously disappears. Would you call your contact in AZ and say, hey, you may want to do a vlog on this? Or contact your friend with the missing wife and say, you may want to talk to this guy?

All hypothetically, and of course, MOO.
Such a good post!!

It’s possible the daughters were out of cell phone range while camping.

But I do think that the records of these communications are of great interest to LE. It may explain why they are actively seeking tips about anyone who has seen or spoken to SM since the last known person.
I find it highly unlikely the daughters were out of cell phone range on their trip to return home because they were able to connect with the neighbor and their dad.
The cell phone records of SM's phone most certainly would show her call detail for last calls. It's not some vast mystery that LE doesn't know by now.

JMO

Youtuber TD as POI?
... Why is TD being treated like he's some kind of criminal or suspect?.... He did the same thing that LE does when talking to suspects, except in TD's case it was an extremely minor white lie. LE can make up massive lies. COLORADO LAW says what TD did is legal...
@TruthIsStranger sbm :) Yes, appears TD told a (possibly) minor lie. I hoped he had contacted LE to provide his vids & other info to LE.
Beyond that, i
n numerous cases, a person who turns out to be the perp has:
- inserted self into investigation, by talking w LEOs to try to pry out investigation details, to try to see whether LE has already interviewed Profesor Plum, seached the conservatory, and located the candlesticks.

- returned to scene of the crime, to assure self that an incriminating object has not been discovered & moved, or to search for an object he left behind, or to plant a new object as a red herring.
- as a person previously unknown in the area, contacted a witness or victim/victim's relatives, to pump them for info about whether LE has interviewed them, and what they have told LE.*
Or that person conspired w perp or was otherwise involved w the crime.
So imo, LE would have reason to want to interview him.
I'm not saying TD is involved in any way.
jmo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Perp joined Websleuths, intensely followed and posted re only one case, was later convicted. Before my time on WS, just one case I've heard of. Death of a lottery winner? FL? Anybody else remember? Not intending to derail thread.

I find it highly unlikely the daughters were out of cell phone range on their trip to return home because they were able to connect with the neighbor and their dad.
The cell phone records of SM's phone most certainly would show her call detail for last calls. It's not some vast mystery that LE doesn't know by now.

JMO
The same can be said for BM's cell phone and digital footprint.

Youtuber TD as POI?
@TruthIsStranger
*Perp joined Websleuths, intensely followed and posted re only one case, was later convicted. Before my time on WS, just one case I've heard of. Death of a lottery winner? FL? Anybody else remember? Not intending to derail thread.

Abraham Shakespeare was murdered by Dee Dee Moore who joined WS and posted in his case thread.

The article does not report an attack.
I don't think anyone thinks attacks are a myth. But a mountain lion killing a person and dragging them off so that nothing remains and the victim is never found, imo that is what people are disputing.

Reposting this link because it seems relevant here: Mountain lion attack: A Colorado deputy escaped the jaws of a big cat - CNN
There is a link in that article to a man running in Ft. Collins (Horsetooth Mountain Open Space) who managed to suffocate a mountain lion that had his arm in its jaws. Oh my! Another article talks about boy who was attacked in his backyard in Bailey.

[And while I don't think we have to worry about rabies in this incident, the most vicious animal I ever encountered was a rabid fox in my front yard which cornered me with its teeth bared and growling. It was relentless. Obviously, the story ended well for me, the fox, not so much. My teenage son is my hero.]

BBM. Really? Why is there no comparison? And why is it important? Mollie went missing on July 18th, and the reward by her family was publicized on August 02nd, less than two weeks later. I'm not aware of a deadline a family is required to adhere to and am baffled why you think it has such significance and that it points to guilt of a member of the family. I'm also baffled why you hold the opinion BM was not identified as SM's husband until well after the fact. I do believe LE knew the couples' identity immediately.
^^RSBBM

@MyBelle -- We agree to disagree.

Don't be baffled. You obviously misunderstood my post referring to BM as the husband, not yet unidentified. Let me be clear, it has nothing to do with whether or not his identity is known to LE or anyone else. It's a fact, he was not publicly identified yet when his reward announced, and I find that baffling and bizarre.

Perhaps fellow WS'ers recognize my MSM/Media updating and at an advantage here to not be baffled by my post's reference to the husband, not yet publicly identified, since it comes directly from my MSM post when the reward announced.

Also, I stand by what I see as a drastic difference between an award fund announced at a presser by an already nationally recognized mom (Mollie Tibbets) compared to a faceless, publicly unnamed husband offering a very grand, no questions asked, reward within days of his wife missing.

Again, I direct your attention to any May 13, 14, MSM local news announcing the husband's reward and/or family friend's match where BM's name is purposely omitted and he's referred to as "the husband, who has not been publicly identified." MOO

Police have not ruled out foul play in search for missing Colorado woman as husband offers $100,000 reward [VIDEO]

May 13, 2020

As a massive search continues for the missing mother, a family member told CBS4 that Morphew’s husband, who has not been publicly identified, has offered a $100,000 for information about his wife’s disappearance. A campaign is also raising money for a search effort, though it is not clear if that effort is in coordination with the search launched by the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, which reportedly involves more than 100 personnel and tracking dogs provided by the Department of Corrections.

Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

May 13, 2002

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The husband of a Chaffee County missing woman is now offering $100,000 as a reward for information about her disappearance, a family member told CBS4. Suzanne Morphew was reported missing on May 10.

Family offers $200k reward for missing woman’s ‘safe return, no questions asked’

May 14, 2020

Noel said Suzanne’s husband put out a reward of $100,000 and a family friend has matched the amount, totaling $200,000 for her safe return. [..]
Noel declined to comment if Suzanne had children or who she lived with. No further details were provided. [..] A page has been created to support the family and search efforts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member