Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that happened. I think her bike was struck and she was quickly stuffed into a car trunk as was Jayme Closs, Sierah Joughin and Mollie Tibbetts.

JMO
I will take that over having her husband hurt her, just to keep her family intact. And that’s where my mind keeps going.
But poor Suzanne. There isn’t a good outcome here and it just breaks your heart.

Oh my gosh! That’s so crazy that another woman vanished in the same area almost 30 years ago! And it was never fully solved? Very interesting. Thank you for taking time to share that with me. I’m definitely not ever moving to Colorado!
CO was very beautiful and wonderful place to live at one time. Now there are so many transplants. I could say the same where I live. People are so mobile now. Don’t be afraid of CO though. Go online to any city anywhere and read the headlines of the news there. Murders and mayhem everywhere. Be alert.

You know, I have been thinking about the fact that perhaps Barry no longer really loved Suzanne. Perhaps he just fell out of love, does not need to be because of another women. It happens, maybe it’s been years since he has not been IN
LOVE with her. So then perhaps you can see where it may be possible he was involve do in her disappearance. I have always, always disliked Facebook for the very fact that most of it is a true fake. That is what we the public are to see, how very happy everyone is in photos and most times they are miserable.

You know, I have been thinking about the fact that perhaps Barry no longer really loved Suzanne. Perhaps he just fell out of love, does not need to be because of another women. It happens, maybe it’s been years since he has not been IN
LOVE with her. So then perhaps you can see where it may be possible he was involve do in her disappearance. I have always, always disliked Facebook for the very fact that most of it is a true fake. That is what we the public are to see, how very happy everyone is in photos and most times they are miserable.

DBM. Was opinion only.

Last edited:
That really bothers me too. I keep wondering why BM would be sloshing around in a freezing cold creek high with spring runoff. What was he looking for? Was he making sure something was still there?

JMO
I wonder if he had seen him on his own surveilance cameras from his house and went rushing out there sneaking through the woods to check him out and fell in the creek trying to cross it. Would explain why no shirt on and looking disheveled.
Just a guess. It could have been the rain too because it was raining I think.

JMO
I wonder if he had seen him on his own surveilance cameras from his house and went rushing out there sneaking through the woods to check him out and fell in the creek trying to cross it. Would explain why no shirt on and looking disheveled.
This is a great thought.

But there aren’t many neighbors iirc. The Morphews home is rather isolated. Your point is a good one though.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a local neighbors video IMO... any video could help. I remember a similar case on Long Island where a video of the husband buying trash bags at a 7-11 broke the case wide open. That husband was actively searching for his wife. My impression of the Sheriffs directive to save video was more to preserve it from being overwritten.

BLM's trip to Denver was verifiable by LE. It is literally impossible to drive from Monarch Pass to Denver on paved highways without being filmed on state owned traffic cameras. IMO
Road Conditions, Speeds, Travel Times, Traffic Cameras, Live Streaming Traffic Cameras, Road Closures and Road Work Information provided by Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) a branch of Colorado Department of Transportation
That is so interesting. Do you know what sort of data is collected? Would individual lecense plate numbers be saved? Or video of vehicles ? I am only aware that toll roads collect my information, because they send a bill. Thx, Dave . Moo

It's all very confusing. Looks, like there are more than one parties involved with muddying the waters in different forms. One party is BM, but who is the other party or who are the other parties? Is it friend or foe to BM? Re the disappearing of his wife, BM may be cheated by someone he (still) trusts. Maybe, it's the abductor himself?
LE should have a strong interest in the anonyme "family friend", who has put the reward up to $200,000, IF the donor isn't known to LE yet, IMO.
-.-.-.-
Btw: Days ago I dreamed, SM was lured to a monastery. .... Nothing more to it. I woke up startled. :eek::(
The family friend is very well known locally and IMO a “stand-up” guy

Why would we, the public, have any knowledge of what Law Enforcement is doing with regard to the videos or anything else in this case? LE's silence does not mean that they're not working very hard on this case. Why does this issue come up over and over again on Websleuths? It's frustrating.
Great post! This does come up often, certainly in every case I've followed on WS over the years. While there are cases that don't get solved, it doesn't mean LE didn't try, have given up, have nothing. There's a belief I've noticed that emerges about a month or 2 into a criminal case, if LE isn't disclosing what their investigation has revealed thus far, it means they aren't investigating (aka "pics or it didn't happen!") or don't know what they're doing and are bumbling fools.

Last edited:
Scott Peterson was proven to be lying to police throughout the investigation. Any "cooperation" by Scott Peterson was a false narrative designed to deceive the authorities who were investigating his wife and childs death. That's why hes in jail! MOO
Exactly. Peterson pretended to be searching for his missing wife. He took boxes of flyers, which he never put up and never passed out to anyone, and those flyers were found in the trunk of his car. He was and is a pathological liar. He'll die in San Quentin; his only way out of prison will be in a body bag.

JMO
Of course that would mean his video system was working properly which would help LE see when she left the house IMO

Great post! This does come up often, certainly in every case I've followed on WS over the years. While there are cases that don't get solved, it doesn't mean LE didn't try, have given up, have nothing. There's a belief that I've noticed that happens about a month or 2 into a criminal case, if LE isn't disclosing what their investigation has revealed thus far, it means they aren't investigating (aka "pics or it didn't happen!")

Re BBM

Exactly. Its taken me a long time to better appreciate why LE tends to stay silent and not give out a lot of information about an active case.

If they release some minor tidbit that doesnt seem important at the time, it may come back to haunt them during a trial. They dont know what parts of the case may end up to be a critical thing that could hurt their case.

An example would be like we wonder why they cant just confirm the bicycle was found. That on its surface does not sound like it would harm the case if they mentioned that. However, if they mention it in the wrong way, some slick defense attorney could use their words against them in a trial. So it becomes a little easier to understand why LE likes to stay silent about many things during an active investigation.

I still dont like it, but I have learned to better accept it. If I was part of LE , I would stay silent as well.

They didn't rule out an abduction. More like they didn't look for anyone else. How is THAT going?

No disrespect, but how is it you are so sure that LE isn't looking at anyone else? There are multiple agencies involved., CBI, FBI. There has been no statement from the Sheriff's office regarding what is happening. I am just curious if you have an inside source.
I would love to see this turn out to be something other than a homicide, and for SM to return safely to her family. But the truth is LE is not going to tell us what steps the are taking in this investigation . They are not going to jeopardize an investigation because the public wants to know what's going on. Why? Because it's none of our business!: MOO

Of course that would mean his video system was working properly which would help LE see when she left the house IMO

Yeah, the whole topic of whether the home had security cameras working at the time of her disappearance is interesting. You would think a home that is that large and expensive would have a top notch working security camera system.

No disrespect, but how is it you are so sure that LE isn't looking at anyone else? There are multiple agencies involved., CBI, FBI. There has been no statement from the Sheriff's office regarding what is happening. I am just curious if you have an inside source.
I would love to see this turn out to be something other than a homicide, and for SM to return safely to her family. But the truth is LE is not going to tell us what steps the are taking in this investigation . They are not going to jeopardize an investigation because the public wants to know what's going on. Why? Because it's none of our business!: MOO
I don't have an "inside source", I just don't believe the husband is guilty. I stand by that especially after hearing him on the utube video. He sounds as perplexed as the rest of us.

That is so interesting. Do you know what sort of data is collected? Would individual lecense plate numbers be saved? Or video of vehicles ? I am only aware that toll roads collect my information, because they send a bill. Thx, Dave . Moo

I do not know, but My guess is that the cameras are spread over a wide range of age and functionality. More to the point, some probably have high vehicle detail, with others not so much. In this case, I think BLM's distinctive truck with equipment trailer in tow probably does not require the finest of cameras to identify. In one recent case in my area, a perpetrator's entire path from Cody, Wyoming to Belgrade, Montana was traced on traffic cams and the admission fee booth cam at the entrance to Yellowstone National Park which did snap his license plate LE was vague about how many camera video's they captured, but I heard rumor that it was six plus the park camera. Identification was aided by his odd custom of strapping a case of shrunk wrapped bottled water to the roof rack of his otherwise common automobile. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme