Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
I wonder if he had seen him on his own surveilance cameras from his house and went rushing out there sneaking through the woods to check him out and fell in the creek trying to cross it. Would explain why no shirt on and looking disheveled.
Just a guess. It could have been the rain too because it was raining I think.

If Barry was at his house, why would his truck have been parked on the road (practically next to TD's truck)? Where did the other two people TD said were in the truck come from? They all three came sneaking through the woods?

I think we are all trying very hard to figure out other possibilities why Barry was wet and shirtless, when it makes sense to me that he was wet because it was raining (which you also pointed out). As some members like to say, Occams Razor, and all. o_O

How do we *know* BM was "wet and shirtless?"

Youtube guy said he looked like he was, when BM drive past him in his truck, with 2 other people allegedly in the truck.

Was BM actually shirtless? Is it possible youtube guy (TD) was mistaken about BM being shirtless?

It was raining so that would account for looking wet.

JMO
I wonder if he had seen him on his own surveilance cameras from his house and went rushing out there sneaking through the woods to check him out and fell in the creek trying to cross it. Would explain why no shirt on and looking disheveled.
Just a guess. It could have been the rain too because it was raining I think.

Or perhaps he saw him with his own two eyes?

If Barry was at his house, why would his truck have been parked on the road (practically next to TD's truck)? Where did the other two people TD said were in the truck come from? They all three came sneaking through the woods?

I think we are all trying very hard to figure out other possibilities why Barry was wet and shirtless, when it makes sense to me that he was wet because it was raining (which you also pointed out). As some members like to say, Occams Razor, and all. o_O
I guess I’m wondering what was so urgent that he was out getting drenched in the rain (did it rain that day, or was it the prior day? I forget now) without a jacket. It’s not like this is the rainy season; he could have waited it out, I would think.

I don't have an "inside source", I just don't believe the husband is guilty. I stand by that especially after hearing him on the utube video. He sounds as perplexed as the rest of us.

Kay I respect your opinion and hope you are right. I want you to be right.

We don’t know what LE knows. I found it strange too that everyone dissects the way a person looks or sounds or stands (body language) and then when Barry did the right things, it was said he was casual, aloof, non-caring. I don’t know.

What LE will base their decision on will be facts and evidence, not what everyone else has to say. You are just as entitled to your opinion as everyone else.

I’m still waiting on evidence to get me off the fence.

I guess I’m wondering what was so urgent that he was out getting drenched in the rain (did it rain that day, or was it the prior day? I forget now) without a jacket. It’s not like this is the rainy season; he could have waited it out, I would think.
Maybe he was outside before the rain ever started. I cannot imagine an outdoorsman sitting in his home going stir crazy. I would have to get outside too. Maybe his mom urged him to do so. Maybe he thought he might stumble onto evidence. There are a thousand reasons. Fact is he got wet. No big deal.

^^RSBBM

@MyBelle -- We agree to disagree.

Don't be baffled. You obviously misunderstood my post referring to BM as the husband, not yet unidentified. Let me be clear, it has nothing to do with whether or not his identity is known to LE or anyone else. It's a fact, he was not publicly identified yet when his reward announced, and I find that baffling and bizarre.

Perhaps fellow WS'ers recognize my MSM/Media updating and at an advantage here to not be baffled by my post's reference to the husband, not yet publicly identified, since it comes directly from my MSM post when the reward announced.

Also, I stand by what I see as a drastic difference between an award fund announced at a presser by an already nationally recognized mom (Mollie Tibbets) compared to a faceless, publicly unnamed husband offering a very grand, no questions asked, reward within days of his wife missing.

Again, I direct your attention to any May 13, 14, MSM local news announcing the husband's reward and/or family friend's match where BM's name is purposely omitted and he's referred to as "the husband, who has not been publicly identified." MOO

Police have not ruled out foul play in search for missing Colorado woman as husband offers $100,000 reward [VIDEO]

May 13, 2020

As a massive search continues for the missing mother, a family member told CBS4 that Morphew’s husband, who has not been publicly identified, has offered a $100,000 for information about his wife’s disappearance. A ******** campaign is also raising money for a search effort, though it is not clear if that effort is in coordination with the search launched by the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, which reportedly involves more than 100 personnel and tracking dogs provided by the Department of Corrections.

Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

May 13, 2002

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The husband of a Chaffee County missing woman is now offering $100,000 as a reward for information about her disappearance, a family member told CBS4. Suzanne Morphew was reported missing on May 10.

Family offers $200k reward for missing woman’s ‘safe return, no questions asked’

May 14, 2020

Noel said Suzanne’s husband put out a reward of $100,000 and a family friend has matched the amount, totaling $200,000 for her safe return. [..]
Noel declined to comment if Suzanne had children or who she lived with. No further details were provided. [..] A ******** page has been created to support the family and search efforts.
Thx Seattle , for pointing this out. I didn't pick up on that, that he "wasn't publicly indentified," when the reward was posted, etc. That is so very strange. I get the impression he is hiding from the light of day from the get go. And still is hiding. Wow. Moo

I see people saying it wasn't an attack because it appears, going by the statement of the Sheriff, that there wasn't evidence of one. I have no doubts that it happens, rare as they may be. I just don't believe in Suzanne's case, that this is what happened to her.
I don't believe it either. My point was I can see that being a possibility that would cross Barry's mind.

I'm reading all these posts in amazement. Those alternative disappearance ideas have taken over everyone's thought process here. So obviously if talking about the legal facts here was the stipulation , the bike and mountain lion doesn't actually exist. Unless we actually say "Barry believes" when we discuss those things. See how easy it is to make people second guess the scenario? If "Barry believes" an alien creature came down in a spaceship I think some may also get swayed. Stick to the facts and not to the "hearsay".:D

No LE is doing everything they can to make the husband the culprit. digging up cement slab, sifting, give me a break.
Do you honestly believe a Judge signed a search warrant based on LE’s desire to make BM the “culprit?” That’s just not how it works. LE’s job is to discover WHY SM disappeared and WHO is involved. If it appears that LE have all eyes on BM, I’d have to conclude they’ve found something very suspicious about BM’s “story.” If he has been caught in a lie he will of necessity become a suspect, whether or not he is called that publicly. Even if this turns out different than many of us expect, LE must follow where the evidence takes them, until it does not, at which time they would shift gears. For the time being, it appears they’re in “first gear” and that is BM.

Wasn't there a made for TV movie about that case in SC? I think I remember seeing it.
At least one movie, several episodes on tv crime series... I had just moved to Columbia and had recently read Red Dragon ( prequel to SOL) the book made a deep impression on me, and when Helmick was taken, I KNEW it was a serial, even tho local LE wasn’t saying so. I am confident I saw and noted his would be next victim at CAE airport, and this was later confirmed. The probability is on BM, but I am going to look back on that case. The sicko played w/ Sharis family, calling to speak to Dawn, etc. Incredible family, such a tragedy!
There are similarities in this caseIMO

Or perhaps he saw him with his own two eyes?

That is exactly what I wanted to know. Did he see him in the creek?

Because I watched the video where he thinks BM is in the woods watching him. TD is standing near what he believes is BM’s truck, and it’s raining.

Later—close by, same day—TD is filming himself and sees BM drive by in the truck. He states in that moment that BM looks wet and upset. Then after that, the story changed to something like BM must’ve been in the creek.

All of this is MOO and my recollection of the video. I may be recalling something incorrectly. I’m genuinely curious if TD ever said he actually saw BM in the creek.

MOO

Do you honestly believe a Judge signed a search warrant based on LE’s desire to make BM the “culprit?” That’s just not how it works. LE’s job is to discover WHY SM disappeared and WHO is involved. If it appears that LE have all eyes on BM, I’d have to conclude they’ve found something very suspicious about BM’s “story.” If he has been caught in a lie he will of necessity become a suspect, whether or not he is called that publicly. Even if this turns out different than many of us expect, LE must follow where the evidence takes them, until it does not, at which time they would shift gears. For the time being, it appears they’re in “first gear” and that is BM.
bbm
ITA.
Excellent post !
Thank you.

Agreed-- that's not how it works, and anyone thinking it is, is denying the legal process and the wheels of true justice.
This is not about how some people 'feel'.
It's about following provable evidence.
LE had something compelling to dig up a homeowner's foundation and take items out of the husband's home.
Not to mention impounding vehicle(s) and phones as well as sifting through a digital trail.
MOO

That is exactly what I wanted to know. Did he see him in the creek?

Because I watched the video where he thinks BM is in the woods watching him. TD is standing near what he believes is BM’s truck, and it’s raining.

Later—close by, same day—TD is filming himself and sees BM drive by in the truck. He states in that moment that BM looks wet and upset. Then after that, the story changed to something like BM must’ve been in the creek.

All of this is MOO and my recollection of the video. I may be recalling something incorrectly. I’m genuinely curious if TD ever said he actually saw BM in the creek.

MOO

I can't answer. The first video that I saw was the one in which TD obviously lied to BLM, over and over. After that, I wasn't interested in TD's comments, because I have no way to sort out the truth from the lies. IMO

Another thing that puzzles me- why would the neighbor assume she went on a bike ride?

If I went to a neighbor's house, knocked and didn't hear anything inside, I am not so sure I would go into anyone's garage to look for a bike, know what I mean? That house is in a remote area, and with no one else home most of the day with Suzanne, I would think the first thing I would do is call LE and not enter the home or garage, for safety sake.

I wonder if the front or back door was opened. Did she go inside or open the door to yell her name? Did she check the house to see if maybe there was a medical emergency that Suzanne needed help?

How did this neighbor know enough to look for her bike? Someone, in my opinion, had to put the bug in her ear to look for her bike, know what I mean? I think this is the part that bothers me the most. LE checked right away that trail and maybe found her bike (not a confirmed fact yet by LE) and eventually a personal item closer to home. I would be shocked if any of my neighbors went in my garage to look for my bike if they didn't see me.

It just seems like someone panicked to call LE so quickly.
JMO, it is possible that Suzanne told one of the three family members she WAS going on bike ride. It is possible that neighbor was told to COUNT bikes, not specifically look for Suzannes bike. It is possible that BM got bike ride Info from another close family member and was relaying msg to neighbor.
JMO, if bike is red herring, it has served its purpose.
I am beginning to find the staging of the bike to be a poor coverup for spousal murder, lots of ways to poke holes in it!

CO was very beautiful and wonderful place to live at one time. Now there are so many transplants. I could say the same where I live. People are so mobile now. Don’t be afraid of CO though. Go online to any city anywhere and read the headlines of the news there. Murders and mayhem everywhere. Be alert.
So true unfortunately. There is a case near my small town where husband is suspected of drowning wife on a boating trip. Happens everywhere. I was just kidding about Colorado! I would still love to visit given the opportunity. I always want to go to CO when I hear the John Denver song Rocky Mountain High!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06