Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BM certainly tops the list of who LE will be looking at. But he’s not necessarily the primary or only connection to that searched riverside property. It would be slack of us to ignore other reasons for LE’s interest IMO. No formal permits were issued to BM to conduct work there, he was presumably at that riverside site as a subcontractor along with a crew of some sort (we can assume he has a crew because he said words to this effect relating to his Denver Mother’s Day job).

And nor is BM the primary connection to County Rd 240 near Maysville which had rangers stationed there from 3am when media visited and questioned what what going on.

So LE may well be interested in people close to BM and not just him. We’ve got to keep an open mind here. If for one moment we assume BM is completely in the clear, it’s possible that any number of individuals knew he was going to be in Denver on Mother’s Day weekend, that his daughters were interstate, and that SM would be home alone. It would be as simple as BM saying to a co-worker or friend, for example: “I’m heading to Denver early Sunday morning, we really have to get this job ready for an early start Monday, I feel a bit stink doing this on Mothers Day and leaving Suzanne home by herself while the girls are away, but she doesn’t want to come. I’ll head back Sunday night once the crew are setup and will see you on Monday at the riverside place for the concrete pour,” or whatever.

This creates opportunity for a related third party to be involved. Yes, it’s not the number one likelihood, but who knows what sort of characters BM works with, or what (indirect) interest in or (direct) connection to his wife a related third party may have.
Personally, I find the idea of BM planning to come home from the Denver job site Sunday night as odd. If he drove 2hrs to get there was working all day and had to be back there in the morning with his crew, wouldn’t he just stay there for the night in a hotel? It would be interesting to know if he works WITH his crew on a job or just sets them up and has someone else supervise the work. When my hubby works a contract that’s 2hrs from home, he puts up in a hotel for the duration of the contract. Comes home weekends.

Seems to me like BM KNEW he would need to come home Sunday night. JMHO

The daughters planned to come home, but there is no story about them arriving. In fact, Fire Chief says they are elsewhere when he gives his first interview to MSM.

Right?
RSBM
Regardless of anything I have read and what little is verified, no way could I buy that the daughters did not come home that night. That would make zero sense to me.

How then, do the daughters know about the bike being found crashed? As far as we know, only BM came home on Sunday. The daughters planned to come home, but there is no story about them arriving. In fact, Fire Chief says they are elsewhere when he gives his first interview to MSM.

We now have confirmation of BM arriving home on Sunday night, but nothing about the daughters, so let's not speculate any further than we have to. Even if the daughters contacted the church, they would have had to contact someone in Mayville to find out about the crashed bike.

Right?

I think whoever wrote the email said something like “Barry is beside himself”. I would expect the daughters to say Dad, if they wrote it. My guess is Barry’s mom wrote it.

We know for certain the Ms were currently sharing a home right? Not to throw a monkey wrench but it just hit me. We know for sure that BM left from the family home for his trip? “The girls need you”. It sounds unlike what a spouse would say.

This is a very good question. I don’t think we know this - like most things (!) I haven’t seen any confirmation one way or the other that they were living there together all the time, we can only assume it’s the most likely marital scenario. We can’t discuss but I personally wouldn’t be surprised - and it would apply to any case with children of this age and stage who are independent young adults - if neither of the kids lived fulltime at that house by now. I certainly wouldn’t have been at that age and stage.

Personally, I find the idea of BM planning to come home from the Denver job site Sunday night as odd. If he drove 2hrs to get there was working all day and had to be back there in the morning with his crew, wouldn’t he just stay there for the night in a hotel? It would be interesting to know if he works WITH his crew on a job or just sets them up and has someone else supervise the work. When my hubby works a contract that’s 2hrs from home, he puts up in a hotel for the duration of the contract. Comes home weekends.

Seems to me like BM KNEW he would need to come home Sunday night. JMHO

Maybe because after all it was Mother’s Day, the children were interstate, but the job was already setup for Monday and the prep just had to be done. If he’d planned to stay in a hotel that night, we’d all have convicted him by now of being a callous heartless beast ;)

I haven’t overanalyzed BM’s plea, or his conversation with a random YouTuber. He can act like a jerk, well maybe he is a jerk, but that doesn’t make him a murderer. I’m not looking for a motive, finances, whether or not they were living apart. Just one thing-why did LE know, pretty much from the beginning, that this was not an animal attack, or an abduction? They saw or found something early on that led them down the road they are on. They didn’t just decide to like the husband. They have something. Or lots of somethings.

I freely declare that I misspeak a lot and it's much worse when I'm tired, anxious or stressed, so I try not to read too much into some comments people make under extreme stress. Stress to know your wife is missing and you weren't there, stress knowing people suspect you, stress feeling helpless. Assuming he's uninvolved in her disappearance and assuming the area was searched thoroughly, to me that does leave only abduction and there's more than one reason to abduct someone. The other option would be that she disappeared because she wanted to, but I don't believe she'd do that to her children especially on Mother's Day.

I can easily understand misspeaking 400 deployments while meaning 4 deployments or 400 days, or 4 tours, 200sqmi vs 200mi radius, etc. I understood him using the word 'abducted' in relation to a possible animal attack, too. Could also be hyperbole out of exhaustion and helplessness.

Stress can also bring out the (inadvertent) truth in some people, so oh, well – tough to know sometimes.

He doesn't know what happened to her; that's why he talks of bike accident mountain lion, car accident and human abduction. If she was (abducted) by mountain lion, there would be some kind of indication even after a rain. Was it a heavy or light rainfall makes a difference. I read that dogs can still follow scent after rain unless it's a super soaker. Scents need moisture to survive. And depending on length of time the person passed through affects scent, too. I'm not sure why he'd hesitate or change the subject when asked when she was last seen.
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Newton's third law is primarily used to describe force, interacting objects, and movement, but I feel like it nicely applies to BM too.

Everything he did to cover up his actions, has largely received an equally opposite reaction than he hoped.

BM came home to this. IMO someone grabbed her wrestled the bike away from her and threw it down the ravine. My heart goes out to him and his daughters. 3 1/2 weeks and you have both LE and FBI there. :confused: If they had believed in the husband in the first place, like I do , maybe she would have been found.
So if someone grabbed her and threw the bike down the ravine, tossed her into a vehicle, drove a couple hundred miles away, give or take, killed her and buried her in the wilderness somewhere, or disposed of her some other way, how is that the fault of LE that she hasn’t been found? I don’t understand your logic.

You may well be right about the probabilities. However, bear in mind that he made it clear that there were locations still not searched and also made a point of saying at the beginning of the interview that despite all their searching, "we're gonna miss stuff", or something to that effect. The point is, no matter how low the likelihood of finding her, he doesn't even mention her. Instead he talks about things, or words to that effect. I think that is so telling.

I respectfully disagree/agree... I have no competitive desire to be on the right side of the fence. I am fortunate that I do not have to be right. That pressure is on LE. because someone should be held accountable. Tomorrow I will be on the other side of fence...guilty. Because any bias I may seem to show really isn’t aboutBM, it is about Suzanne. Many of your points have been made by many others, you seem to feel a need to reenforce that or to push me off the fence...I think I am going to tie myself on, because I may just wait until I get more info from LE. not just all the dissecting of what we think we know or don’t. I would hate to convict someone in the evidence WE have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just by what we see.

You're of course free to have your point of view about his business skills. However, please realize that we haven't "seen" pertinent facts to support your perspective. We know virtually nothing about the business financials of BM's firm, for starters. I could go on. A million-plus dollar home and nice vacations may have absolutely zip to do with BM's business success. I'm not saying this is the case, just pointing out that there are many ways to explain why people live an expensive lifestyle. We can only speculate at this point.

I freely declare that I misspeak a lot and it's much worse when I'm tired, anxious or stressed, so I try not to read too much into some comments people make under extreme stress. Stress to know your wife is missing and you weren't there, stress knowing people suspect you, stress feeling helpless. Assuming he's uninvolved in her disappearance and assuming the area was searched thoroughly, to me that does leave only abduction and there's more than one reason to abduct someone. The other option would be that she disappeared because she wanted to, but I don't believe she'd do that to her children especially on Mother's Day.

I can easily understand misspeaking 400 deployments while meaning 4 deployments or 400 days, or 4 tours, 200sqmi vs 200mi radius, etc. I understood him using the word 'abducted' in relation to a possible animal attack, too. Could also be hyperbole out of exhaustion and helplessness.

Stress can also bring out the (inadvertent) truth in some people, so oh, well – tough to know sometimes.

He doesn't know what happened to her; that's why he talks of bike accident mountain lion, car accident and human abduction. If she was (abducted) by mountain lion, there would be some kind of indication even after a rain. Was it a heavy or light rainfall makes a difference. I read that dogs can still follow scent after rain unless it's a super soaker. Scents need moisture to survive. And depending on length of time the person passed through affects scent, too. I'm not sure why he'd hesitate or change the subject when asked when she was last seen.

<modsnip: No link to support statements regarding weather>

Yep dogs can still follow scent - in fact someone posted an article upthread about how damp/rainy weather helps the dogs.

Thank you for your comments on the effects of stress on speech. I am sure BM is stressed and yes, those could be stress effects.

What would be good, though, would be for anyone who is so stressed out to get some support and seek help in getting their actual message across. I think he needs professional help in managing all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member