Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about the parallels in this case, and the Gannon Stauch case.

In that one, the early narrative was that “Gannon ran away.” Most of us didn’t believe that, as the account was both strange, and law enforcement was not behaving as if they actually believed that.

They never corrected the narrative, while maintaining all along that it was a “missing persons investigation.”

CSI activity at the home, told us what that case likely was (foul play).

Here, we have an alleged bike ride, but law enforcement behavior that does not jibe with there actually being one. If there was a bike ride, then we’d be seeing corresponding behavior from law enforcement (standard abduction playbook).

Likewise, we have seen CSI at the home, and that search of a property that BM apparently worked on.

What is telling law enforcement that this isn’t an abduction is anyone’s guess, but I have no doubt that they don’t believe there was one.
One thing that I would like to add to your amazing post- even on social media sites or media- not one person has come forward to say that they saw Suzanne out for a bike ride that day.

Social media itself, usually full of rumors- some true, some not, as we all know- and yet....no one has mentioned seeing Suzanne or talking to Suzanne that weekend. At all.

That's something that is so unusual in missing persons cases. Usually, family, friends, someone- even a store clerk, another biker- would say that they saw her that day or Saturday. Nothing.

So, just how long has she been really missing for? I don't believe she disappeared on Mother's Day.

This is how rumors get started and then get out of hand:

There is *no information* that BM was "in the river and splashing around." None, zip, nada.

Someone took the youtuber's description that he (TD) thought BM looked like he was wet and shirtless, driving a pickup truck near him, and now that has suddenly turned into a rumor, "BM must have been in the water in the creek..." and "OMG I wonder what BM was doing in the creek!!11!"

It is not verified that BM was actually wet or even shirtless. That's what youtube guy (TD) *thought* he looked like when he saw BM in a pickup truck drive by.

You are correct in that there is no proof he was doing anything other than standing in the rain. However the YT video stated he was “soaking wet, shirtless and distraught”. That’s all we have and that was based on TD’s sighting.

I watched the video a few times to see if I could see BM in any way and I couldn’t. The tinted windows and lighting made that almost impossible.

So while I agree, this is how rumors start. Your post is also how a misinformation campaign gets it’s legs. His words are BBM.

[

I also remember it was raining. TD was specifically showing the rain with his camera. Which is why I was confused about how seeing him in the truck looking wet turned into BM in the creek.
Same here...
It certainly could have been rain ! ^^^

But remember, according to TD, there are two separate days he recorded; one of them was cold and drizzling; and the other was warmer.
Hence the sunshine and a forgettable tank top in the interview.

The colder, wet and 'zombie-like' appearance was the day before.
It could be nothing at all as someone's impression of other people is going to vary.

TD seemed to think BM was upset.
That's my impression, and my opinion .
The video I'm referring to was the first one TD put up where he spotted BM and then BM passed him in the truck. TD mentioned BM looked wet and also mentioned it was raining. He referenced the rain a few times and finally said he was going to end the video because he was getting too wet.

One thing that I would like to add to your amazing post- even on social media sites or media- not one person has come forward to say that they saw Suzanne out for a bike ride that day.

Social media itself, usually full of rumors- some true, some not, as we all know- and yet....no one has mentioned seeing Suzanne or talking to Suzanne that weekend. At all.

That's something that is so unusual in missing persons cases. Usually, family, friends, someone- even a store clerk, another biker- would say that they saw her that day or Saturday. Nothing.

So, just how long has she been really missing for? I don't believe she disappeared on Mother's Day.
Me either - my guess? May 8

Right around minute 10:30, she is talking about the last time Suzanne was seen. She says she was told it is part of the investigation, but that is why they are asking for tips from the public. “Perhaps someone has seen her more recently than previously thought.”

The question and answer is repeated for the last time anyone spoke to Suzanne.

MOO......that makes me wonder just how long it’s been since anyone has seen her. LE may believe she was gone before Sunday morning.

On the other hand, maybe they are looking for people who saw her on a bike ride?

In my opinion, It is very likely something happened to Suzzanne on Friday or Saturday but she was reported missing on Sunday. We do not know much as the daughters were out of town and I am very curious to know if her daughters had texted or called her on Friday and Saturday. LE, of course, does have this information and is probably directing their investigation based on it.

That interview Lauren Scharf posted today—she said that LE is seeking tips because someone may have seen SM after the last reported time anyone saw her or spoke to her.

To me, that suggests that the last day anyone saw her or spoke to her (possible other than a POI) was Saturday or earlier. MOO, they are gathering information to figure out just how long she’s been missing. It really makes the bike look suspicious.

MOO

Well I do think “they got it,” but there’s no telling when we might actually see something big.

The fact that they were apparently able to rule out an abduction right away, seems to mean they have some strong evidence.

Without a body though, there isn’t a rush.
They didn't rule out an abduction. More like they didn't look for anyone else. How is THAT going?

Both of you have excellent points, as always.

I want to add that something i find quite telling. A previous WS pointed out, no MSM has picked up the video by TD nor the story. We also heard that as of 1900 EST today LE still had not contacted TD (40 hours after the video was released and TD contacted the tip line). If they thought the clues they were searching for were in that video, IMO they would have acted quickly. Maybe they are just allowing BM to make mistakes. I don’t think they believe the video contains anymore than what they’ve been given as a confabulation of stories. Whether he has or has not done something nefarious, we do know he is an exaggerated story teller and he doesn’t seem as well spoken as I imagined.

EK (@EllenKilloran) Tweeted:
NEW: We had a long conversation with the Arizona man who 'secretly' recorded a video of his encounter with Barry Morphew this weekend. Tyson Draper said that he believes Barry knew the camera was on and behaved accordingly #SuzanneMorphew
YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on https://twitter.com/EllenKilloran/status/1267865264625942536?s=20
I wish we knew a whole lot more about this long conversation.

I would luv to have it taped and captioned.

Am I asking too much? Lol!!

They didn't rule out an abduction. More like they didn't look for anyone else. How is THAT going?
Exactly how one would expect; silence. Homicide investigations take time, and I don’t think anything is going to break soon.

Clearly someone really screwed up when they attempted to stage the scene, as it doesn’t appear law enforcement was fooled for a second.

Fortunately, getting away with murder is hard.

When Colorado Channel 2 reporter asked Mr. Morphew if he’s interested in making a public plea, Mr. Morphew said “at this point it’s simply too soon”.

Video at link:
Lisa Novack Wood
-----
I've wondered why he said this. I would be making a plea if it were me.
IMO

As a person who works in media in the state of Colorado. I very much agree that no one talking when given the chance is something new. Perhaps social media is changing our role. No one wants to be asked the hard questions when they can put out pre-recorded statements. IMO

That interview Lauren Scharf posted today—she said that LE is seeking tips because someone may have seen SM after the last reported time anyone saw her or spoke to her.

To me, that suggests that the last day anyone saw her or spoke to her (possible other than a POI) was Saturday or earlier. MOO, they are gathering information to figure out just how long she’s been missing. It really makes the bike look suspicious.

MOO
Great post!

I would like to know when the last time someone even spoke to her, I am with you I do not think she was home on Mothers Day.

I also don't think there was a mountain lion that walked by while LE was there (what he wanted to see the bike also). And as I stated the other day BM says the rain wiped out the animal prints and I guess any drag marks and any blood that may have been left by said such attack. But that same rain did not damage any assailant foot prints, no that there ever were any.
So here is what I don't think happened bike wreck from a car coming around a corner to fast and SM getting disoriented and wrecking her bike and falling in a river.
Or that a mountain lion who is able to get as much food as they could ever want this time of year (the utuber saw a herd of deer) stalked her on her bike and jumped out of a bush and drug her into the unknown wilderness.
That BM friend was sent on 400 tours to Iraq or Afghanistan.
That some crazy person out for a leisurely ride on Mothers Day saw SM riding her bike and grabbed her and is holding hostage but is not interested in $210,000.
So that leaves me with a very short list of what who and where I feel happened to her and I don't feel BM can explain that away.

Yes !
Remember in the video interview with TD when BM said the biking trails go all the way to Denver ?
Wth is that even supposed to mean ?
After surviving two bouts of cancer (BM's words, not mine) , she may not have been planning to bike that far.
Obviously.
So why'd he even bring it up ?

A Freudian slip ?
(an unintentional error regarded as revealing subconscious feelings.)

BBM:

I actually think it was anything but a slip.

Denver came up more than once in that tete-a-tete with TD.

I'm surprised he didn't mention that mountain lions have been known to carry humans all the way from Salida to Denver.

The fact that he brought Denver up so often has me looking anywhere but Denver.

Misdirection.

"Look over there, not here."

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics