Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More $$$ means business..... A few direct quotes I'd not seen before in old news.

Police discover 'personal item' in the search for missing Colorado mom-of-two | | Express Digest

28449618-8324761-image-a-26_1589577703180.jpg

Colorado police are zeroing in on a new area in their search for Suzanne Morphew after the discovery of a ‘personal item’ that is believed to belong to the missing mom.

Morphew, 49, has not been seen since she set out on a bike ride from her home in Maysville on Sunday afternoon. Her neighbor reported her missing just hours later and search efforts began ‘immediately’.

Morphew’s bike was recovered late Sunday night, but there were no other clues as to her whereabouts despite the deployment of drones and sniffer dogs.

However, the discovery of the Morphew’s personal item on Thursday may now help with a break in the case.

[..]

Police have not disclosed what the item is, but say it was found near the junction of County Road 225 and Highway 50 – around 500 meters from Morphew’s home. A trail is located close by

[..]

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze told KRDO on Thursday evening: ‘I can’t say whether the circumstances of her disappearance are suspicious and I can’t share what we’ve found.’

[..]

Spezze declined to comment when pressed on whether Morphew’s husband is cooperating with authorities in their investigation.

However, he has pledged a $100,000 reward for any information that leads to her safe return. That sum was matched by a family friend, bringing the reward total to $200,000.

‘The $200,000 means that we’ll do whatever we can to get her back safely. No questions asked,’ Morphew’s nephew, Trevor Noel, told DailyMail.com.

‘We are progressing and are NOT slowing down the search,’ Noel added.

Last edited:
For those who are still wondering, the official translation of the English “we believe what we found are personal items”into Southern Coloradan is “Weebalee Wudwefownar Uh Puznalidemz”.
The official translation of the English “we believe what we found were personal items” into southern Coloradan is
“Weebalee Wudwefownuer Uh Puznalidemz”
The two phrasings are quite similar, in the dialect. IMO
Having been born with it, my ear may be more fine-tuned to the nuances.
Lol:D That’s harder to understand than our southern accents!

We do not know who was the last person to see or talk to Suzanne, nor when or where this occured.

Many agree that the bike was "planted". It could have been planted irrespective of whether Suzanne was in Colorado or maybe somewhere else, anywhere.

Maybe that is what LE is suspecting, hence FBI involvement, and could explain the lack of urgency to issue clothing descriptions, etc. Exploratory excavation of where Barry was last working to make sure.

It seems to me that it is possible that LE is working on the possibility that Suzanne disappeared from another location.

For those who are still wondering, the official translation of the English “we believe what we found are personal items”into Southern Coloradan is “Weebalee Wudwefownar Uh Puznalidemz”.
The official translation of the English “we believe what we found were personal items” into southern Coloradan is
“Weebalee Wudwefownuer Uh Puznalidemz”
The two phrasings are quite similar, in the dialect. IMO
Having been born with it, my ear may be more fine-tuned to the nuances.

The only thing I'm wondering is what you're smokin! :eek:
Southern Colorado and the Sheriff speak a dialect unlike the rest of the state? Really? I did an internship in Southern Colorado with the Federal Aviation Admin and I think this dialect translation must be unique to your ears. And I'm a Brit! :)

And all of this Scott Peterson talk has me wondering whether we know if BM owns a boat? Lots of them in Colorado too especially with the outdoor types. IMO
There's outdoor types and then there's separate outdoor types. Cyclists, hikers, and kayakers are a totally different crowd than folks with large boats. The first go backcountry, wild, and "sustainable", the latter recreate with fossil fuels, little exercise, and are partial to reservoirs. Different strokes for different folks. Both groups are partial to beer, though, so there's that. IME 'n' all.

Last edited:
Am I the only one here who finds it extremely creepy and invasive that random youtubers with no more professional credentials than my cat, would seek to make contact with friends and family to get more personal info, photos, etc.? Or worse, that any family members or friends would actually open up to such a request from a rando stranger?
o_O
But, some family/friends of the missing person do that in some cases.
Some think they are "helping", some, I believe, just aren't thinking and just do it.
Then you have the weirdos that purposely insert themselves into the "case" and are fake friends just so they can share everything about the missing person, or a family member.
It happens.

Spontaneous random thought .... Suzanne's keys must be somewhere .... and perhaps she had invested in one of those tile/tags 'find my keys' .... h'mm .... end of spontaneous thought.
Also that alleged La Beca shop is in a very weird location for someone to seek out to get their takeaway, very odd, not listed anywhere, how would you know about it and why go there, very peculiar.

Cogitating on everyone’s posts, and rather than reply to each, my thoughts...General silence from everyone. JMO wouldn’t Chaffee County locals BE badmouthing BM by now? Bike shops silence? Do they know something?

Rumors abound on SM, strangely tho, there are some hidden nuggets...JMO

IMO we have developed a tremendous amount of evidence against BM. Much initiated by our interpretation of LE actions.

I propose today( it is an innocence day) to state MOO that LE does have this, but we don’t. My ? marks are “what if’s” or hypotheticals, or rough draft for second novel.

?THE bike was on path, indicating it was placed there, not as result of accident, but rather slung down from road.

?surveillance camera WAS working, but instead of BM, showed a hooded disguised person grabbing SM

?a tip came in about a woman pounding the windows screaming “I am being kidnapped”...

?BOLO was issued, but vehicle was found later, abandoned, w/ evidence SM had been in this vehicle, dna or blood. This occurred while mountain lion search was happening. ****

? Would LE stop considering the husband as the prime suspect.OR
?would they consider a hit, paid for by husband.

This is where I think we may have taken a wrong turn...

Either scenario can work w/ LE silence...and I suspect LE took both very seriously...

second chapter coming soon, I hope, but tidbits completely from my incredibly creative self...the bike is referred to as THE bike, not her bike...she is 49yo, but in helmet, bike gear, Suzanne could be mistaken for much younger woman.
JMO MOO MVHO, this is a rough draft
Big what if, but does it fit with what we do know?
Just to be clear, I have taken some literary license, but some of the “evidence”has remained ambiguous and we will not know one way or the other til LE releases it.
Chapter 2, purely my pondering w/a few truths thrown in( technique I learned from Letecia, her pondering were much more out there imo)
? Video shows exact last sighting of SM being abducted.JMO
2 options: stranger
hired stranger(BM)
either requires LE to follow up
OPTION 1
?Abandoned car is gone over forensically inside and out. VIN is for stolen car. Car abandoned at area w little or no surveillance. LE has little to go on.
?they do continue to follow up , possibly accounting fo SO in the area or w similar MOs
OPTION 2
?they continue to investigate BM, cell gps, financial, ties to abductor
? Following up tips lead to concrete excavation, nothing found

IMO it takes as long or longer to determine someone is innocent. Ie if the incriminating evidence starts popping up from the very beginning, one could assume the case builds quickly, still need for methodical search, but if nothing incriminating is found on first layer, the search goes deeper. We do not know where the pile is .

JMOFor the sake of my argument and it is after all a wobble day, IMO Barry is innocent of staging or being involved in Suzanne's murder. ( by now, we have to accept that to be true)
?predator has been following several bikers on bike trail, for awhile and narrowed his list, watching either by car or bike. Ultimately it is a small community, even tho the Ms are remote. He may have started from interacting downtown. He may have been planning for a long time. Covid could also be a factor.
It may have given him( def him) the ability to hoard w/ o drawing attention to himself .
Perfect storm
? This predator has the ability to imprison or murder his victim in a place, not necessarily connected to him...I do not know the local area, time to google earth again... someone mentioned abandoned ranger huts, mines, wells, but it could just as easily be a basement or old house around the area.
? Suzanne is just youthful enough to be mistaken for one of her daughters, or just another younger girl, but it is possible she met her abductor in person and she appealed to him. This to me is the best case scenario, the one that allows me to have hope.
? Suzanne were able to satisfy the predators
fantasy and given a chance...survive. Granted it was only 36 hours, but in my research last nite I came across a triathlete who connected w her kidnapper and he drove her home!
I can go into first video and make it work, for this,
Lest I bore you further.
In this novel BARRY is actually a man who loves his wife but he knows the chances of her coming home are statistically almost zero. He may also know evidence in abandoned car suggest this.*******
I’ll just let y’all red ink the flaws, I do know most of them.

Last edited:
I found an old review (in French) that cited La Beca address as 300 W Sackett Ave. Unfortunately, it seems this address was home to at least 3 other restaurants that also appear long gone. I think the location is now a bike shop! Perhaps the alleged local that gave the cafe name to Plunder may still be calling the eatery by its former name(?).
Thanks Seattle1, ah yes, could be that ... just having a streetview stroll around there now :)

Thought I did the multi-quote, but I don't see it here.

The lady screaming in the back window-I think you might be talking about the Sheriff/Cop who had his own daughter abducted and tried to find her? The tip was from someone who said they seen that? IDK that's what your comment reminds me of.

EXCELLENT Catch on the video at 2:09, starting at 2 and listenting, I catch him saying "Info" but then corrects himself. Poor guy doesn't lie easily. Items as well. Things that make you say hmm.

I feel LE is drinking a pond through a straw, God Bless Em. Gotta be at least 40,000 pages coming :D

Thought I did the multi-quote, but I don't see it here.

The lady screaming in the back window-I think you might be talking about the Sheriff/Cop who had his own daughter abducted and tried to find her? The tip was from someone who said they seen that? IDK that's what your comment reminds me of.

EXCELLENT Catch on the video at 2:09, starting at 2 and listenting, I catch him saying "Info" but then corrects himself. Poor guy doesn't lie easily. Items as well. Things that make you say hmm.

I feel LE is drinking a pond through a straw, God Bless Em. Gotta be at least 40,000 pages coming :D
It is my novel...And those 40,000 pages will take my next draft in the other direction. Sigh...I can not wait to read them.

Thanks Seattle1, ah yes, could be that ... just having a streetview stroll around there now :)

Absolute Bikes is at 330 West Sackett Ave. There is no 300 West Sackett but the bike shop also has a popular eatery attached to the east side of their building, which is just re-opening now after closure for social distancing. I particularly enjoyed the page of Absloute Bikes' titled "Women's Mountain Bike Clinic". Those local women sure seem to enjoy their mountain bike riding! Some of those bikes look really beyond my modest budget.
https://www.absolutebikes.com/womens-mountain-bike-clinic/

Absolute Bikes is at 330 West Sackett Ave. There is no 300 West Sackett but the bike shop also has a popular eatery attached to the east side of their building, which is just re-opening now after closure for social distancing. I particularly enjoyed the page of Absloute Bikes' titled "Women's Mountain Bike Clinic". Those local women sure seem to enjoy their mountain bike riding! Some of those bikes look really beyond my modest budget.
I believe the restaurant shows on Google Earth as 300. It did for me.

If a confrontation occurred between SM and BM, it was most likely spur of the moment and in the privacy of their home. It would be an environment where no one would witness an argument or a struggle. I know the dogs were brought to investigate the outdoor trails. If something happened at home, how soon do Cad___ dogs pick up a scent? I understand that cad—- dogs are specifically trained to pick up the scent of shedding cells due to decomp but if she was allegedly moved immediately would the cad—- dogs be able to pick up anything? Another thought? We know that BM car was impounded by LE and then released back to BM. What about SM car? What about an ATV owned by the family? Daughters cars? Those vehicles would have possibly been at the home too and accessible to BM but we have not talked about that? ALL MOO

If a confrontation occurred between SM and BM, it was most likely spur of the moment and in the privacy of their home. It would be an environment where no one would witness an argument or a struggle. I know the dogs were brought to investigate the outdoor trails. If something happened at home, how soon do Cad___ dogs pick up a scent? I understand that cad—- dogs are specifically trained to pick up the scent of shedding cells due to decomp but if she was allegedly moved immediately would the cad—- dogs be able to pick up anything? Another thought? We know that BM car was impounded by LE and then released back to BM. What about SM car? What about an ATV owned by the family? Daughters cars? Those vehicles would have possibly been at the home too and accessible to BM but we have not talked about that? ALL MOO
Yeah, I’m leaning towards this being spur of the moment, but still believe there was an extended period of time in which to commit a coverup. I think BM could have potentially had two or more days in which to pull that off.

If she was moved immediately, then I don’t think cadaver dogs would have hit inside the house. I fully expect that law enforcement impounded and examined any vehicles that could have been involved, and likely ran cadaver dogs over them as well.

There’s just no way they wouldn’t search every vehicle that family owns (and BM had access to), provided they were accessible to him on the days in question.

Good point. But yes, he did say "were".

You can hear it around 2:09:

This video, worth going back pages. Great Catch. All that ammo, brought in the hounds. He's so not talking bike others BM & nephew are hmm. 6:12 animal/haven't found anything yet, moved on from that.

Letting everyone know they will go everywhere, give em something. Good People in that community/know SM, obviously talked LE. Even Better of them not to talk public. I heard 1 a lady on YT, seemed she was more impressed/crush on BM, than a friend of both. LE is so tight like a diamond coming out and our best is BM babblin and showing disregard/more interest in legal/property concerns cutting out SM.

C'mon Incapacitated Person? I'm just rolling over. All I gotta do is go missing a bit and bam, voila. CEOs might be scared, start turning up/not after extended unknown vacations in their futures if things like that fly in IN. Reminds me of that guy who did his biz partner in, then communicated w/the family electronically as if on vacation, some kinda beauty queen/model the brother met and said UH? Incredible, there was evidence after all those years. Disgusting man.

I believe the restaurant shows on Google Earth as 300. It did for me.
Yes, I believe that if you search for 300, it will show you where 300 would be. If you go to the county property search website, and search for 330 West Sackett an LLC which owns the Absolute Bikes building will show up. Click on "MAPS" and every property in the area will show up. Click on any one and the owner of record will come up with the property information for that lot. I think you are definitely looking in an area that could be informative.
I personally recommend going back to the Absolute Bikes' website, on the Women's Mountain Bike Clinic page. It's kind a amazing what you can find there, I especially like to see the different the helmet styles. Some are really unusual. IMO
Chaffee Colorado Assessor Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members