Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the guy saw a big fish rising and stopped to have a look. Maybe a deer had been rambling along the road and s/he had to wait. Maybe s/he stopped to see if by any chance there was a cell signal at that particular spot. Maybe s/he was looking for a place to turnaround. I mean, seriously? There's a huge range of possibilities that don't require suspicious intent.

But how can anyone prove it never happened? The only way I can think of is if someone saw the bike being staged. I don't think that happened though...arrests would have already happened. IMO
It seems that consensus on this forum anyway is that it would be extremely unlikely for an arrest to happen at this point, especially absent a body. Without a body, LE is looking at building a circumstantial case which typically relies on many small pieces of evidence coming together, and that takes time (plus you have to convince a jury that SM couldn't have just run off somewhere). Even if LE knew for a fact that BM had staged the bike (which we don't know, but to your point if he was seen staging it or they had some other proof), I don't think we'd see an arrest at this point but would, likely, see a very focused investigation, IMO.

But how can anyone prove it never happened? The only way I can think of is if someone saw the bike being staged. I don't think that happened though...arrests would have already happened. IMO

I can think of lots of ways LE could determine the bike (if actually found at that spot) was staged.

The most likely, IMO, is if SM has actually been missing since before Mother’s Day.

MOO

Another one found...
Ninnescah River. ~. Body found in Ninnescah River
Woah has anyone jumped on this and checked this out further yet?? Isn’t Kansas next to Colorado? Embarrassing I guess I should know this! And does Arkansas River connect to Ninnescah River in some way? The description of the body got my attention!

Right...and if LE bought into the bicycle ride and the theory she had an accident that jammed the bicycle brakes...she should have been able to walk home or she should have been found around the area. I think her bicycle was found, and the condition of the bicycle was peculiar to LE--it didn't fit any normal scenarios that might have happened, and her disappearance only added to the rush to cover as many bases as possible for evidence.
BBM
I haven't seen any evidence that LE bought into a bike ride theory, nor was there verification about the condition of the brakes.

Woah has anyone jumped on this and checked this out further yet?? Isn’t Kansas next to Colorado? Embarrassing I guess I should know this! And does Arkansas River connect to Ninnescah River in some way? The description of the body got my attention!
I believe the Arkansas River is on the west flank of the Continental Divide. Kansas would be on the east, with rivers flowing towards the Mississipi. So, the rivers would be flowing in opposite directions.

Sorry, can't find TKG's original post with the clip, but just watched it again where I quoted TKG's post at #256.
Reporter says - speaking about avid mountain biker Francis - "He says he happened to be riding up County Road 225 the same Mothers day as Suzanne Morphew. Says he spotted a car that looked out of place." Then we have avid mountain biker Francis saying, "very suspicious, you know, that car was very - and it shouldn't have been there, in my opinion."
So, hopefully some cars passing by at that time may have picked up a bit of dashcam footage as it entered or left the area around the time and handed it in.

I wonder who this person was. Obviously a local to be able to make a statement like that. The bike rider could have been from Maysville or from Salida. Maysville is a tiny place, no more than 150 people. If small towns in the US are the same as they are where I lived until recently, where the mantra was you weren't a local until your grandmother was buried in the cemetery, everyone seemed to know your business: whether work or personal.

So when someone local says that a car didn't belong there, what does that mean? It's an odd statement. If there was a car in my driveway, I don't see any neighbours, past or present, saying it didn't belong there. I can't see out of state license plates eliciting that response considering the Morphews were fairly recent transplants from out of state.

It makes me wonder whether there was some gossip going around town.

I believe the Arkansas River is on the west flank of the Continental Divide. Kansas would be on the east, with rivers flowing towards the Mississipi. So, the rivers would be flowing in opposite directions.
Oh ok I just saw your post. I posted something below before I read this. And that would be a long way for a body to float. The article I posted mentioned some kind of box. Anyway thanks. My heart was racing there for a minute!

The person who entered the information into NaMUS is listed as the Case Owner in the Contact section. In this case, that is Claudette Hysjulien, Detective Sergeant for the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. The Case Owner may also designate an alternate contact, which Sgt. Hysjulien has done. She listed Special Agent Kevin Koback of the CBI.
Normally, if the Case Owner retires or moves on, a new contact within the LE office that originated it will be named as a Case Contributor, but the original listing for case owner will remain. The NaMUS case number is 4925.
In answer to the actual question, the information on NaMUS all originated with Detective Sergeant C. Hysjulien, who has the case responsibility within the CCSO. IMO
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thank you. Not only did I miss your post I missed that Contact tab. Been doing the Ernie dance again.:confused:
Thank you for All the information. Some day I hope to be half as good. I try. But I have a lot to learn. You really know the ropes.

I assume what you are referencing is a trust fund which would be shared between the girls upon her death but he would have access to none of the monies although there may have been a provision to enable him to use the funds only to support the minor daughter until she reached the age of 18. Lets ask a great legal mind to weigh in. Or better yet we will ask a few! @oviedo, @gitana1, @riolove77 . Please and thanks in advance.
I am not a lawyer so I shall speak from personal experience / I have a trust set up for when I had minors with very specific instructions on how funds could be used (education, reasonable living expenses, medical, etc) in the event I was no longer the trustee - I can say that I wanted absolute control how my money was spent at that time Whether I was incapacitated or deceased - and it can be done By specificity in your trust - however; if one has the foresight to set up - Living trust and fund it (I.e. deed properties to it which they did not based on our deed research) and has confidence in the successor trustee no guardianship is needed because in my case I have a Power of attorney As well - of course I absolutely trust my successor trustee and that’s why I have all of the documents set up to insure my assets are used the way I choose - I am blessed to work for a law firm so it was easy for me to set up - IMO if there is a trust for this family it doesn’t hold property because we can’t find any deeds referencing a transfer from them to it -which is interesting to me
JMO

Interesting.
This is the location of Sumner County خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏ Ha, Ha, is this link in Arabic?
Ninnescah River traverses the county on the diagonal, evidently, but the body could have been deposited upstream miles and miles away, since this is not a short river.
I was thinking it might be on an interstate route going in the direction of Indiana (I-70 through Denver), but it's not, so I have to do a re-think.

It seems that consensus on this forum anyway is that it would be extremely unlikely for an arrest to happen at this point, especially absent a body. Without a body, LE is looking at building a circumstantial case which typically relies on many small pieces of evidence coming together, and that takes time (plus you have to convince a jury that SM couldn't have just run off somewhere). Even if LE knew for a fact that BM had staged the bike (which we don't know, but to your point if he was seen staging it or they had some other proof), I don't think we'd see an arrest at this point but would, likely, see a very focused investigation, IMO.
However, that contradicts K. Berreth's and G. Stauch's cases.

Claim of no body no crime burried P. Frazzee......

It looks like the Ninnescah River is a tributary of the Arkansas River. The Arkansas flows from Leadville Colorado and passes near “SALIDA” in Chaffee County on its way to Kansas. Wow!

Yes, head impact injuries that happened decades earlier in one's life can manifest terrible results in middle age. BM appears to me to have a cluster of possible issues that might explain some of his actions and some of his lack of actions.

BM did play shortstop in the minor leagues. I wonder if he took any hard hits in his time playing ball?

JMO

Last edited:
It looks like the Ninnescah River is a tributary of the Arkansas River. The Arkansas flows from Leadville Colorado and passes near “SALIDA” in Chaffee County on its way to Kansas. Wow!
Thanks & wow that gave me goosebumps!
Why isn’t anyone else talking about this?? Is gamma gal still here? It’s 9:15 CST so Live Chat has started. I bet everyone is on there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members