Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, my gosh, Lillypad, I might be wrong about the Arkansas River being on the west side of the Continental Divide, 'cos there's one in Kansas.
The Arkansas River and the Ninnescah River actually join up south southeast of Wichita.
I'm not sure either would be a likely choice for a match between SM and the body found. It would also have to have surfaced at a spot downstream from a dam, and there are likely many dams on that river, since generally the midwest has a lotta dams and reservoirs.
Food for thought.

It looks like the Ninnescah River is a tributary of the Arkansas River. The Arkansas flows from Leadville Colorado and passes near “SALIDA” in Chaffee County on its way to Kansas. Wow!
Altho I feel BM is at the bottom of this....please God don't let this be her. Floating down ice cold... lonely... water....

@RickshawFan Is this different than what you said? You lost me with the Continental Divide.

View attachment 250424
That is different from what I said! Good catch! The Continental Divide....everything on the west side flows in the direction of the Pacific, and everything on the east side flows in the general direction of the Atlantic.

And aren’t those questions also a means of setting the stage for the jury that’s seated? Sort of a way to guide their expectations and let them know what’s reality and what’s not?

Precisely.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a cold case murder or a serial rapist. It’s your run of the mill DUI (or burglary, car theft, etc etc). Is there ANYONE who simply cannot bear to sit on a trial this mundane? A trial without blood, forensics, the FBI, or Agent Hochner? Let me know now.”

Precisely.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a cold case murder or a serial rapist. It’s your run of the mill DUI (or burglary, car theft, etc etc). Is there ANYONE who simply cannot bear to sit on a trial this mundane? A trial without blood, forensics, the FBI, or Agent Hochner? Let me know now.”
How would you feel about a potential juror who doesn't watch CSI (or NCIS or any of the fictional crime shows) but does watch Dateline, 48 Hrs, 20/20?

The Ninnescah flows into the Arkansas river in Sumner County

Oh, my gosh, you're right!
Now that I think of it, though, the newspaper said the body was found in the Ninnescah, not the Arkansas. If a body went with the flow downstream on the Arkansas, I'm thinking it can't end up in the Ninnescah.
Whadda you think?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to sleuthing witnesses>

So I'm thinking a couple of things. One is that Suzanne was gone before May 10th maybe even up to a week. I think the girls went camping in another state much earlier than people think. Especially considering the closest part of Idaho to Maysville is at least 800 km. I can't see someone going camping for a couple of days if they are traveling that far.

School had been out for weeks, both college and high school, so there was no impetus to be back for Monday. If anything, I believe the girls were coming back for Mother's Day after being gone for maybe a week. That means Suzanne could have been missing for nearly a week. This is all speculation.

So it makes me wonder whether the car Mr. Bach saw was someone he was familiar with and felt that it was inappropriate to be in BM's driveway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Altho I feel BM is at the bottom of this....please God don't let this be her. Floating down ice cold... lonely... water....
IF SM is not somewhere safe, I am sure she would prefer to be found so her children could have closure. I would think it would bring peace. When life is difficult is is best to look at the glass half full. I am silly likely but I believe it brings peace to have closure as I believe there is a better place beyond our difficult earthly existence. She is not alone when so many want her found.

Oh, my gosh, you're right!
Now that I think of it, though, the newspaper said the body was found in the Ninnescah, not the Arkansas. If a body went with the flow downstream on the Arkansas, I'm thinking it can't end up in the Ninnescah.
Whadda you think?
I agree. The NRiver flows into the Arkansas. It’s a pretty straight shot from Chaffee to towns along the Ninnescah, albeit a 8-9ish hour drive.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to sleuthing witnesses>

So I'm thinking a couple of things. One is that Suzanne was gone before May 10th maybe even up to a week. I think the girls went camping in another state much earlier than people think. Especially considering the closest part of Idaho to Maysville is at least 800 km. I can't see someone going camping for a couple of days if they are traveling that far.

School had been out for weeks, both college and high school, so there was no impetus to be back for Monday. If anything, I believe the girls were coming back for Mother's Day after being gone for maybe a week. That means Suzanne could have been missing for nearly a week. This is all speculation.

So it makes me wonder whether the car Mr. Bach saw was someone he was familiar with and felt that it was inappropriate to be in BM's driveway.

The car was in BM's driveway????
Then why did Bach say "that lady". You are right, it is a small town and trades people would be keenly aware of each other wouldn't they? A new competitor in town would be noted by other landscapers and other tradesman would take note too. Back scratching is pretty expected isn't it as well as long term relationships? Lots of things to think about here Branmuffin.
I am thinking at least a week if not two for the vacation.
It sure would be nice to know when SM was last seen. Are we allowed to use her name? I thought it had to be initials. I don't get how Bach didn't know SM. She was a biker, her husband was in the trades and it's a small town. ????

Maysville population about 100, Salida about 6,000 rounded

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one found...
Ninnescah River. ~. Body found in Ninnescah River
@gamma gal where are you? We are sleuthing this because the Arkansas flows East into the Ninnescah River (we are pretty sure) and this body was badly decomposed and possibly in a box! Good find girl! You might be onto something big here! And horrible and gut wrenchingly sad but important if it is Suzanne she needs to be found and JUSTICE for her murderer!

The car was in BM's driveway????
Then why did Bach say "that lady". You are right, it is a small town and trades people would be keenly aware of each other wouldn't they? A new competitor in town would be noted by other landscapers and other tradesman would take note too. Back scratching is pretty expected isn't it as well as long term relationships? Lots of things to think about here Branmuffin.
I am thinking at least a week if not two for the vacation.
It sure would be nice to know when SM was last seen. Are we allowed to use her name? I thought it had to be initials. I don't get how Bach didn't know SM. She was a biker, her husband was in the trades and it's a small town. ????

1. It was never stated the car was in the M driveway.

2. He said “that lady” because someone asked him somewhat casually if he had heard of the “missing lady”

Why was no description of the car given? What made the car stand out as suspicious?

A body found in the river? I hope she is alive but IMO too much time has passed and the chances are very slim. The best case scenario would be IF it is her, the cause of death could be determined and justice served.

I leave for a few hours and come back to that news??

Last edited:
IF SM is not somewhere safe, I am sure she would prefer to be found so her children could have closure. I would think it would bring peace. When life is difficult is is best to look at the glass half full. I am silly likely but I believe it brings peace to have closure as I believe there is a better place beyond our difficult earthly existence. She is not alone when so many want her found.
Well said in my opinion and equally appreciated!
Eta OMG how I hate auto correct ugh lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members