Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we had more information or movement in this case. I have noticed when cases slow down, we tend to get snarky with each other. Where is Suzanne?
It looks like most members are being civil in discussing Suzanne's case.
Edited : Better ways to deal w/the snark.
It looks like the responses are just members who are allowed to defend themselves.
The 'ignore' button is helpful.

You are so right that the main point is finding Suzanne and justice for this lady !

Last edited:
Who says "it's always the husband?" Not the FBI. Statistics show it is often someone who is close to the victim, and yes that includes an intimate partner, but it's not 100% a spouse in every case and it doesn't mean a crime can't be caused by someone not in the victim's intimate circle.

I am interested in the cultural evolution of violence. Earthlings fascinate me because they don't make any sense. So I look for patterns. And those patterns change over time and place. Crime, intimacy and violence in the north pole 500 BC are different than the same in the south pole 3000 AD. :confused:;) Then you add migration and adaptation. Things change.
Is there such a named field, the study of the demographics of perpetrators and victims? Over time and place? A society's influence on statistics, causation? And then of course the socially responsible implementation of measures to reduce such crimes.
There was a time not to long ago in American history where woman were more or less property, they had no voting or land holding rights. Women recently acquired the right not to be raped or beaten by their husbands in the 1970's. Cultural or sub cultural attitudes influence what is okay to do to a woman and what her place was or even what you may possibly be able to get away with in a certain environ. A scenario of a risk assessment. Scene and surrounding subculture if very important. There are many possible predators in any culture/subculture, but it is important to know the local dynamics.
Where I live we have a horrible human trafficking problem. To me it is inexcusable. Things in our society seemed to have changed for the worse and become unmanageable. I am a prevention kind of person. Understand it and work to prevent it, instead of always playing catch up.
It isn't always the intimate partner even if it often can be. Anger, obsession and aggression are a human condition often needing expression or rehabilitation.
Why did someone think SM was an okay target? Considering a multitude of factors.

Why did someone think SM was an okay target? Considering a multitude of factors.
bbm
Snipped for focus.

Well it looks like possibly someone was okay in targeting Suzanne.
Maybe for 210,000 reasons ?
Did Suzanne have life ins. ?
And why is someone suddenly a 'team member' for the crowd funding page ?
Is that in order to be able to access those funds ?
Because that is what it looks like.

So sad for the callous way this woman is being treated. Not even one presser with LE to beg for her safe return.
Not one sentence of "I love you".
No taking of any questions at a press conference with LE.
Reprehensible.
Imo.

Our neighbors put up a multitude of missing posters for their dog.
A recent photo and a description of her collar and the name she'll respond to.
Door to door asking people to please be on the lookout; including our home.
They were sad and frantic.
She was found safe 4 days later.

There has been no description of clothing, identifying tattoos or scars, and only the photo from more than a year ago -- of Suzanne.
This is not how a person treats someone they love.
Strange.
Just saying.

Last edited:
I posted this a few threads back, but I think it is worth sharing again. This is a bike ride from the monarch Crest Trail to just above Fooses Creek Dam and lake, lasting 5 minutes 23 seconds. The crossing of Fooses Dam Bridge is at 4:52 but don't blink, or you'll miss it. Fooses Creek Dam is 2000 feet from SM's house. IMO

Thanks. It appeared to be two separate cases as I could not link the case. Interesting that their adult daughter, per crimeonline, said, "The court documents show that Suzanne and Barry Morphew’s eldest daughter, who is an adult, provided consent for her father to be appointed guardianship of Suzanne."
Why would they need his adult daughter's consent?
Also, guardianship would cover more than just the RE sale, I believe.

IMO

Because children and parents of someone needing a guardianship can contest it or consent. So can siblings, for that matter.

The teal seems to be the colour of her bike helmet. I wonder if those are her favourite colours.

The color choices were explained in the article:

What we had learned from her hometown (Alexandria, Indiana) that they chose yellow and teal, yellow for bringing her home and teal because that is the color of her bike helmet,” Shea said.

Your average, somewhat mentally healthy person realizes that “crime doesn’t pay”. Those who are personality disordered and suffering traits of malignant narcissism may not have the ability to consider the damage their actions cause. Through their own pathology and self obsession they are unable to comprehend it OR they just don’t care.

Great post. Also, due to their narcissism they always think they’re smarter than all those dopes who got caught, as well as smarter than the cops.

bbm
Snipped for focus.

There has been no description of clothing, identifying tattoos or scars, and only the photo from more than a year ago -- of Suzanne.
Strange.
Just saying.

Yes, most every family at some point gets out there for a public appeal with as much information as possible. It's like they feel not talking about her is better than a public appeal.

I understand privacy, but this is acting as if she never existed.

bbm
Snipped for focus.

Well it looks like possibly someone was okay in targeting Suzanne.
Maybe for 210,000 reasons ?
Did Suzanne have life ins. ?
And why is someone suddenly a 'team member' for the crowd funding page ?
Is that in order to be able to access those funds ?
Because that is what it looks like.

So sad for the callous way this woman is being treated. Not even one presser with LE to beg for her safe return.
Not one sentence of "I love you".
No taking of any questions at a press conference with LE.
Reprehensible.
Imo.

Our neighbors put up a multitude of missing posters for their dog.
A recent photo and a description of her collar and the name she'll respond to.
Door to door asking people to please be on the lookout; including our home.
They were sad and frantic.
She was found safe 4 days later.

Strange.
Just saying.
Agree wholeheartedly, LietKynes! It just doesn’t sit well with me when no effort is put in to finding her. It’s weird.

I am unclear what the reporting standards are for Colorado, so I may be missing something otherwise obvious, but I am a bit confused as to why cops were so quick to mobilize because a neighbor said someone seemed to be out late from a bike ride they believed they were on?

In many other jurisdiction there would be a requirement for more than that before mobilizing, as well a deamnd that a family member file a report. Jumping on a phone call from a neighbor just seems odd to me.

Is this a norm in Colorado?

Oh, just one more thing - Why are some some family members such as her Nephew, running a for things like;

-Supporting the wellbeing of Suzanne's family.
-Food for family and volunteers.
-Housing accommodations for family.
-Compensating family and volunteers for their time spent away from work and with the Morphew family.
https://www..com/f/suzanne-morphew

Are these not things that her husband would be coordinating (especially the first item of that list) and apparently more than able to fund given the area they live, the multiple real and business assets (Suzanne Morphew Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com) as well as he fact that he initially was able to offer $100k for info leading to her location then later able simply double that to $200k?

Are not Suzanne's family and her husband working together to locate her?

I am unclear what the reporting standards are for Colorado, so I may be missing something otherwise obvious, but I am a bit confused as to why cops were so quick to mobilize because a neighbor said someone seemed to be out late from a bike ride they believed they were on?

In many other jurisdiction there would be a requirement for more than that before mobilizing, as well a deamnd that a family member file a report. Jumping on a phone call from a neighbor just seems odd to me.

Is this a norm in Colorado?

Oh, just one more thing - Why are some some family members such as her Nephew, running a for things like;

-Supporting the wellbeing of Suzanne's family.
-Food for family and volunteers.
-Housing accommodations for family.
-Compensating family and volunteers for their time spent away from work and with the Morphew family.
https://www..com/f/suzanne-morphew

Are these not things that her husband would be coordinating (especially the first item of that list) and apparently more than able to fund given the area they live, the multiple real and business assets (Suzanne Morphew Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com) as well as he fact that he initially was able to offer $100k for info leading to her location then later able simply double that to $200k?

Are not Suzanne's family and her husband working together to locate her?

Earthlings fascinate me because they don't make any sense. So I look for patterns. And those patterns change over time and place.

I really like your post. If someone was (is?) studying us Earthlings from afar over time I think overall we would seem like an very violent species with all of our wars, murders, greed, corruption, discrimination, selfishness and cruel behavior to others. They might be very afraid of us now that we developed nuclear weapons! But we are also kind, generous, fair and loving. Humans are an enigma and our brains are so complicated ...nature vs. nurture is a fascinating subject. IMO many people who hurt others have been abused, neglected, traumatized, failed in some way as children and not always intentionally. That is not an excuse for murder...most people know right from wrong and can control our urges. I hold newborn babies every day at work and they are so beautiful and innocent. It’s hard for me to believe that some people are just born evil. (Especially when I meet some of the parents! - it’s a joke ok? Gotta keep a sense of humor or I would be so depressed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheForgottenLives