Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When they were digging there were two concrete pads laid. Didn't look more than half an acre. I don't know how far they are on the construction now. There are people on this site who are in construction and can answer that better then I, depending on where they are in the process. And insurance. There was a lot of built up and leveled embankment though, I am sure that is a factor.

I just don't understand why they didn't excavate more.
I am beginning to wonder if they don't want to find her in town, it would be better if she remained a mystery possibly disappearing forever.

I’m wondering if they went off hits by cadaver dogs.

Respectfully, I don't believe it's factual that "they only dug a few holes" when searching private owners build site. According to the homeowner, it's believed that investigators used the latest technology that enables viewing underground before digging.

FYI, this latest technology also used for trenchless construction can save you thousands if you ever have a water leak beneath your concrete driveway. MOO

Yes, I understand, the latest technology I have a science background and engineers in the family however nothing beats a shovel and complete coverage. Technology fails. Just my opinion. Coming from two complete different angles, somewhere in the middle...
And yes, there are many times when multiple searches turn up more.

Why did they not thoroughly search the construction site in East Salida. They dug a few holes. The whole site should have been bulldozed. I know this isn't an easy search for LE or the landowner, but if time is going to be invested in a search it should be done completely. I am not indicating anyones guilt or innocence. I am just saying the whole area should have been dug up. I won't believe there is nothing there unless it is.
Someone else had a very good response to this, pouring concrete is not a one man process, there had to be numerous people, involved...we were so all in on the guilty wagon...
My husband could explain better, concrete sets up and this keeps everything moving... different sections poured and by time one section was poured the one before is already setting up...
We don’t know overlap of crews, either. Has anyone verified that BM was ever there w/o multiple people around.
I CAN ACTUALLY LAY THIS TO REST!!We actually poured our own concrete driveway at our previous house... it was crazy, but hubby and another guy alternated, we’d pour a section approx 20x 15feet(give or take) at our house and the the same at his house...The layers would show disturbances.

This I know, I was the scooby person, I’d take trowel and scooby the edges to get any air pockets out, this strengthened them.
By the time concrete workers left that site in Salida, much of the slab would have been setting up, it is doubtful they would have been able to leave before this process, was well underway. and likely someone would have covered it w poly sheets. If the workers had seen any disturbance the next morning it would have stood out and they would have honed in on that area, almost impossible to rework after putting anything in. Concrete is complicated...
It would not be possible to go in after all workers left, and even harder while crews working! JMO
I am 100% certain that BM did NOT put anything there, based on my experience. ( whell, 99.999999999999% sure, I have to keep my little toe touching fence)

Based on anecdotal evidence from SM's relatives who referred to him as a take charge guy or always being in control.
Some people can manage very well by encouraging participation based on motivating others in ways they are enthusiastic about. And others manage by being a tell and not and ask kind of guy. Well said there Branmuffin.

And find it's all been overwritten??? That's what had several of us saying someone should be fired if it turns out they needed that footage and told people to "save" it, rather than collecting it at the time.

That was a general request to “save” it. Do we know that LE hasn’t also collected security tapes from specific homeowners already?

Also, I believe they are looking in different places, and at different times, than they might have been looking at 4 weeks ago, due to a more accurate idea of when SM went missing.

And find it's all been overwritten??? That's what had several of us saying someone should be fired if it turns out they needed that footage and told people to "save" it, rather than collecting it at the time.
Well I guess anything is possible. Hoping the residents got the word and held onto the video. I agree with you though and fail to understand why they didn’t collect it right then.

Ditto for me as well.
I can't help but think that there's a financial component to Suzanne's disappearance.
We know for certain that the Morphews were in the process of selling one of the properties, when SM went missing. We don't know who needed the money. SM, BM, or both. But one or both needed the money. Unless the sale was just part of prudent investment decision of course.

SM going missing and the recent sale of property may be closely tied together.
In the end, BM got the money. SM didn't.

Last edited:
IMO, it is pitiful that they have only conducted 10 large scale searches in 30 days. We know that 2 or 3 of the searches were digging concrete. If they are not going to search for Suzanne in the area she went missing, it would be appropriate to let volunteers search. Maybe some bounty hunters will start searching for her if the reward is available to them.

Bounty hunters are usually not charged with bringing in a victim, they are usually hired to bring in a suspect. That could get awkward in this situation.

So, per the above, the authorities immediately - the day she was reported missing- began extensive searches of the area where her bike was found and continued on for several days, employing SAR, search/tracking/scent dogs, swift water rescue teams, air rescue teams, helicopters, drones, and 100 personnel.

The day after SM went missing, LE issued a press release stating she had not been found and it was an active “investigation.”

By day three authorities stated it was an “open criminal investigation” and declined to say whether the husband was cooperating or whether they believed foul play was involved. At that time property where the couple lived (if I’m reading that correctly) began to be searched.

By day four, LE stated it was an “open investigation” but would not rule out a criminal investigation. This seems to be a possible backtrack.

LE stated “no comment” when asked about her cell phone. By day four LE stated an animal attack was not probable.

By day four the CBI and FBI were part of the case/team. That could explain the backtracking, if that wasn’t reporter error.

Involved in the investigation, with investigators from each of these agencies working the case, are:

1. Investigators from the 11th Judicial District, Colorado Bureau of Investigation

2. Salida Police Department

3. Fremont County Sheriff’s Office

4. FBI

Two big wig operations that have excellent track records of solving cases, are involved. It appears that their involvement coincided with a change in tactic.
Just curious, when did Fremont County Get involved? I am in SC, is Frémont County on the route to Denver, hmmm, that is another area to research. sigh

Someone else had a very good response to this, pouring concrete is not a one man process, there had to be numerous people, involved...we were so all in on the guilty wagon...
My husband could explain better, concrete sets up and this keeps everything moving... different sections poured and by time one section was poured the one before is already setting up...
We don’t know overlap of crews, either. Has anyone verified that BM was ever there w/o multiple people around.
I CAN ACTUALLY LAY THIS TO REST!!We actually poured our own concrete driveway at our previous house... it was crazy, but hubby and another guy alternated, we’d pour a section approx 20x 15feet(give or take) at our house and the the same at his house...The layers would show disturbances.

This I know, I was the scooby person, I’d take trowel and scooby the edges to get any air pockets out, this strengthened them.
By the time concrete workers left that site in Salida, much of the slab would have been setting up, it is doubtful they would have been able to leave before this process, was well underway. and likely someone would have covered it w poly sheets. If the workers had seen any disturbance the next morning it would have stood out and they would have honed in on that area, almost impossible to rework after putting anything in. Concrete is complicated...
It would not be possible to go in after all workers left, and even harder while crews working! JMO
I am 100% certain that BM did NOT put anything there, based on my experience. ( whell, 99.999999999999% sure, I have to keep my little toe touching fence)

I really appreciate that indepth response and the fact that you have personal experience however while you have your little toe touching the fence, I have my heels dug in. It's just me. I just want that all dug up to be sure. Just how I am. Good thing I am not in charge, huh?
There is one rule and there is always an exception to the rule.
I also once met a guy who said he was an expert in art masterpiece reproductions at an art museum. There are people who can pull it off, although rare.

Some people can manage very well by encouraging participation based on motivating others in ways they are enthusiastic about. And others manage by being a tell and not and ask kind of guy. Well said there Branmuffin.

I think the 'tell' side of his character is the part that gets angry/frustrated at LE because they didn't follow his narrative of SM going missing on a bike ride.

bbm
:D
Same here.
I'm definitely leaning way off the fence in the other direction, but we'll see what happens in the coming days or months.
Hopefully sooner than later.

Thanks for the info. re. the concrete ; wow --it's quite a process !

I am thinking atm that anything laid under the cement would have to be smaller, flat objects, or something burnt or pulverized. :(
Or a phone ?
Imo.

It seems like LE would say if they found anything at all-- but they aren't compelled to do this, correct ?
Esp. with people on SM gossiping or whatever-- they have to be extremely cautious about revealing anything.
If Suzanne has been harmed or worse-- LE have one chance to get the perp and it looks like they're taking no chances.

I do not understand why they did not look at it right away. They are now interviewing everyone ???? Why do you think they didn't want to look at it first off?

I think the 'tell' side of his character is the part that gets angry/frustrated at LE because they didn't follow his narrative of SM going missing on a bike ride.
Very good. Someone who is accustomed to being listened to so what is said gets done. But isn't LE independent? I really don't mean to agitate, but this is my bias and I admit it - Are there any females in any of this investigation. I ask this because what I have learned from my advocacy is that when a LE or judicial system is mostly male women's issues and justice will be minimized. It's just part of their bias and the dominant culture that has been for so long. I don't want to get up on a soap box, but I guess here I am. If SM was found and if so many woman didn't come up missing and trafficked, I wouldn't have a thought. It is just that things seem to be getting worse.
I wouldn't be here on these websleuths sites if I felt women had protections and justice in our modern day America, that would make it unthinkable for any man to consider victimizing her because he could get away with it.

Just curious, when did Fremont County Get involved? I am in SC, is Frémont County on the route to Denver, hmmm, that is another area to research. sigh
Fremont is the next county east to Chafee and highway 50 goes through it. The sheriff there might be supplying help for a search hopefully checking roadsides.

I really appreciate that indepth response and the fact that you have personal experience however while you have your little toe touching the fence, I have my heels dug in. It's just me. I just want that all dug up to be sure. Just how I am. Good thing I am not in charge, huh?
There is one rule and there is always an exception to the rule.
I also once met a guy who said he was an expert in art masterpiece reproductions at an art museum. There are people who can pull it off, although rare.
I totally agree. Perhaps the homeowner is construction savvy, and felt the search was extensive enough. I personally want that reassurance. W/o being on the ground I really am confident here, concrete work is
Complex, there are rocks thruout that have to be worked down to get the smooth top, there is rebar, pipes, and so on. What you say is 100% correct, I would probably have demanded that LE clear my foundationIMO the owner was the driving force here... If construction is continuing that tells me homeowner is satisfied... key point also BM would have been obvious if he had been around, and anything he did would have taken a significant amount of effort and time. This is kinda big, for me...I am not trying to convince anyone, but I can actually check this off my own checklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia