Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You either put that money into escrow with LE's agencies or you do what BM did which was make a 30 second video proclaiming a $100,000 reward (for her safe return), which was enhanced to $200,000 by someone, or something.
And I disagree about the 'safe return'. I would want to recover my loved one and would never make that condition.
I took BLM's offer of the original $100,000 to be a direct offer to pay ransom for her safe return. I believe the other offers were more in line with conventional offers of a general reward for information. I'm not even going to try to understand the status of them now. Any large sum of money tends to take on a life of it's own. IMO

IMO:

With the exception of Kala Brown (who was 30) and Michelle Knight (who was 21 at the time of her disappearance but was said to look much younger), the rest on the list were minors at the time they were kidnapped. It's rare for an abductor to take a middle age woman and keep her somewhere, alive. LE doesn't seem to believe this is an abduction; I trust their knowledge since they know much more than we do.

That's right. I agree with you.

I was disagreeing with the statement that was posted, that if SM had been abducted, we'd know by now.

IMO, its about as likely that she was abducted, as it is that a mtn. lion/grizzly bear/Bigfoot attacked her and carried her off--slim to none.

You either put that money into escrow with LE's agencies or you do what BM did which was make a 30 second video proclaiming a $100,000 reward (for her safe return), which was enhanced to $200,000 by someone, or something.
And I disagree about the 'safe return'. I would want to recover my loved one and would never make that condition.
I agree that I would want it stated differently too. I was just saying that I have seen 'safe return' used before so its not something I was too alarmed about in BMs statement. Other things he said blinded me though. Like, huh?

I took BLM's offer of the original $100,000 to be a direct offer to pay ransom for her safe return. I believe the other offers were more in line with conventional offers of a general reward for information. I'm not even going to try to understand the status of them now. Any large sum of money tends to take on a life of it's own. IMO
And that's fine.

1. The Raven
    “If....IF IF IF he’s not guilty....I think when this is all over it will be clear why BM has been so quiet”

If BM is innocent, it’s difficult to come up with a scenario to explain why He has been so quiet. The explanations I come up with seem pretty far-fetched.

Marriage was troubled and SM voluntarily disappeared?
    SM was kidnapped for ransom?
    SM was kidnapped for revenge?
    BM and SM were in this together, and planned her suicide / disappearance?
I totally agree!!! I was just trying to think of a reason for his silence if innocent. I don’t think he is and can’t think of one reason he would legitimately need to stay quiet.

I agree. TN let the cat out of the bag about the bike being found Sunday night and LE wouldn’t even confirm it for several days. They may have told the family that they prefer they not speak to the press on their own so that other evidence didn’t get leaked. I get that, but how about a nice press conference asking for info and you all can stand behind us in unity? We’ll do the talking. Nope, didn’t happen. (It’s too soon?)
So, if the entire family was asked not to speak, appear, appeal, beg, or plead and they all complied, why did BM make that sad, pathetic, rehearsed, FB video?
You’re right@Massguy, I’ve never seen an innocent guy act this way either.

The bike and bike ride may or may not be staged but in either case deciphering the case would have more obscure had SM simply disappeared without a trace directly from the home, on a walk, on an unplanned run to Salida with a friends. An apparent attempt to stage SM's gone missing seems to have failed and brought focus of the investigation on BM. Perhaps SM has run away or harmed herself but that does not appear high in probability. There must be significant evidence that focused the investigation from the start. I have lots of confidence in LE in this case. CO LE has matured in wisdom and has far more technical methods compared to the days of Jon Benet.

You are right. And it may be because if they admitted it they would be bombarded with questions about how it was found; condition, position, dna evidence etc. I don’t think they want to answer those particular questions right now.
What if LE thought that bike ride was an invented narrative put forth by BM and the bike itself was placed at the side of the road by BM? Might LE abstain from making any comments on the bike as a way to delegitimize BM’s bike claims? As in, the bike thing isn’t authentic and therefore LE’s refusal to recognize its validity.

The bike and bike ride may or may not be staged but in either case deciphering the case would have more obscure had SM simply disappeared without a trace directly from the home, on a walk, on an unplanned run to Salida with a friends. An apparent attempt to stage SM's gone missing seems to have failed and brought focus of the investigation on BM. Perhaps SM has run away or harmed herself but that does not appear high in probability. There must be significant evidence that focused the investigation from the start. I have lots of confidence in LE in this case. CO LE has matured in wisdom and has far more technical methods compared to the days of Jon Benet.
Yes, and we’ve seen how good the FBI and CBI have been, in several recent Colorado cases.

If this was merely an abandoned bicycle and nothing more, then we would not have seen something this focused.

<modsnip: Removed info stated as fact when it is opinion only>

Last edited by a moderator:
What if LE thought that bike ride was an invented narrative put forth by BM and the bike itself was placed at the side of the road by BM? Might LE abstain from making any comments on the bike as a way to delegitimize BM’s bike claims? As in, the bike thing isn’t authentic and therefore LE’s refusal to recognize its validity.
IMO:

LE isn't trying to legitimize or delegitimize any evidence for case followers or the media -- they are saying nothing at all, they're not disclosing any evidence, period. They're not going to suddenly start telling what they have and what they know. Their goal is to solve the case and not compromise the investigation or create any issues that would impact future litigation by the DA's office. What the evidence is, what it means, will not be disclosed prior to a trial, when the prosecution presents its case in chief, if and when that occurs. Until then, nada, zip, nothing. However, if they do find a body or human remains, that will get disclosed especially when an ID is made.

/IMO

Last edited:
Actually it's not $200,000 it was increased a few weeks ago. The correct amount is $210,000 ... just so we're "accurate".
Reward Increased to $210,000 For Information Leading to Suzanne Morphew – Heart of the Rockies Radio

I respectfully disagree. If she was abducted, it's possible no one but her abductor(s) would know.

Just a few females that were missing, some for years, that escaped/were rescued:
Kala Brown
Jayme Closs
Michelle Knight
Amanda Berry
Georgina DeJesus

Many more had a worse outcome, but there might be a chance SM, IF abducted, could still be alive, IMO.
Add Holly Alcott White, Taos, NM May 6, 2017will check to see if any updates.missing,
I never like to give up hope.This one is extremely interesting, sad. Charley Project, but google for updates...so I am going to work my way outward, Arizona, Utah, and so on. I guess that will keep me out of everybody’s hair for awhile.

I agree lion attacks and abduction are rare, that’s why I put them together at the bottom.
Rare is only rare when it happens to someone else. Mho

Last edited:
LE would not use the same tactics with the press. Sometimes people think LE would lie to or mislead the press to trick a suspect. IMO they would not lie to or mislead the press. They may word things funny or be vague, but not outright lie or mislead. They have to maintain credibility with the public.

IMO that is the case here. LE has been pretty straightforward with the press.
No. Not always.
Press release on Tuesday LE stated no searches were being done on the home. When in fact we found on Wednesday they had searched on Tuesday.
They have their reasons, however, that is not being straightforward with the press.

IMO:

LE isn't trying to legitimize or delegitimize any evidence for case followers or the media -- they are saying nothing at all, they're not disclosing any evidence, period. They're not going to suddenly start telling what they have and what they know. Their goal is to solve the case and not compromise the investigation or create any issues that would impact future litigation by the DA's office. What the evidence is, what it means, will not be disclosed prior to a trial, when the prosecution presents its case in chief, if and when that occurs. Until then, nada, zip, nothing. However, if they do find a body or human remains, that will get disclosed especially when an ID is made.

/IMO
They would have to disclose some evidence in any indictment or when charges are brought, and for all we know, there could be a grand jury reviewing facts as we speak. But I agree they shouldn’t be saying a word anywhere publicly or in the media.

In this case LE has consistently said that the spouse of the missing person is cooperating. IMO that means he is doing everything required of him by LE.

What evidence do we have that the spouse of the missing person is not doing things to help LE? Giving DNA, phone, car, access to other records?

And if LE has requested the family to be quiet? That would explain not reaching out to the media?

People want to assume he is not cooperating, but that contradicts what LE has said....IMO

That’s a good point. We don’t know that he’s not cooperating at all.

I've been following this case since the beginning and can count on one hand the limited responses to questions put to the Sheriff. In other words, when he speaks, we listen, closely.

The first statement came on about the 2nd day of the investigation. Here, the Sheriff refused to comment on whether or not the husband was cooperating with LE.

The second came a couple of days later at the very first presser where the husband and family were notably absent.

In this instance, the Sheriff responded to the same question that the husband was cooperating, and that the Sheriff hoped he would continue to do so.

Putting the two replies together, it sure sounds to me like there's nothing natural about the union between the head of the missing person's family and LE.

The following morning, the husband's spokesperson seemed to qualify the awkwardness or estrangement between husband and LE when he announced the husband's no questions asked $100K reward and request for public donations for the family's GET.

IMO, the entire delayed communication by the BM via his family spokesperson came off as more distancing from the Sheriff and investigators when that announcement would have been more than appropriate to deliver at the presser beside the Sheriff.

But yes, it is true that the Sheriff has not rescinded the "husband's cooperating" statement albeit the cooperation comes off the equivalent of satisfying a $50 fee with 5,000 pennies where one reports they are compliant, which is technically correct.

MOO
Great post!!!!!!!!

They would have to disclose some evidence in any indictment or when charges are brought, and for all we know, there could be a grand jury reviewing facts as we speak. But I agree they shouldn’t be saying a word anywhere publicly or in the media.
Agree, those with a "need to know" will be told as is typical: LE and agencies, crime labs, DA's office & assistants, judge, etc. But the public will not be privy, and we know at least one search warrant has been sealed so far.

IMO

That’s a good point. We don’t know that he’s not cooperating at all.
If you recall famed idiot Patrick Frazee, law enforcement also described him as “cooperative.”

He of course lied his *advertiser censored* off, and then lawyered up, and shut up. At the time, they knew he was lying, but that didn’t stop them from describing him that way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if something similar occurred here, and BM willingly turned over his phone, DNA, fingerprints, and vehicle.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he was no longer answering questions, likely on the advise of counsel.

Things seemed to be trending that way when the sheriff threw in the line about hoping that he would continue to cooperate.

No. Not always.
Press release on Tuesday LE stated no searches were being done on the home. When in fact we found on Wednesday they had searched on Tuesday.
They have their reasons, however, that is not being straightforward with the press.

Unless they had not yet conducted the search when they were asked, but performed the search later, pursuant to a SW....IMO

I don't think so. IF LE thought it was a manufactured/planted supposition, I highly doubt that they would LIE about the bike. What would be their motive? After all, BM has friends in high positions in the county.
I didn’t say that LE is lying about the bike. I said they might ignore BM’s story about the bike. The bike is evidence, even if BM planted it there, it is still evidence.

I've been following this case since the beginning and can count on one hand the limited responses to questions put to the Sheriff. In other words, when he speaks, we listen, closely.

The first statement came on about the 2nd day of the investigation. Here, the Sheriff refused to comment on whether or not the husband was cooperating with LE.

The second came a couple of days later at the very first presser where the husband and family were notably absent.

In this instance, the Sheriff responded to the same question that the husband was cooperating, and that the Sheriff hoped he would continue to do so.

Putting the two replies together, it sure sounds to me like there's nothing natural about the union between the head of the missing person's family and LE.

The following morning, the husband's spokesperson seemed to qualify the awkwardness or estrangement between husband and LE when he announced the husband's no questions asked $100K reward and request for public donations for the family's GET.

IMO, the entire delayed communication by the BM via his family spokesperson came off as more distancing from the Sheriff and investigators when that announcement would have been more than appropriate to deliver at the presser beside the Sheriff.

But yes, it is true that the Sheriff has not rescinded the "husband's cooperating" statement albeit the cooperation comes off the equivalent of satisfying a $50 fee with 5,000 pennies where one reports they are compliant, which is technically correct.

MOO
Great post!!!!!!!!
The biggest news was Team Barry made their first public update (about GET money) since May 17, or BF fb video.

TN essentially announced daughter has the keys to the safe, albeit using very distancing language. MOO

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

The
@********
page for #MissingPerson #suzannemorphew has given an update: "The extended Morphew Family would like to offer our most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has contributed to our efforts in #FindingSuzanne ..."
1:57 PM · Jun 18, 2020·TweetDeck

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
and
@********
...Whether donating financially, hiking mountains, hanging posters, canvassing, preparing & delivering food for volunteers & so much more please know that your thoughtfulness & compassion are so appreciated & it has sustained the family throughout the difficulty of the search."
2:01 PM · Jun 18, 2020·TweetDeck

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
and
@********
"The care and love that friends and family near and far have shown towards #suzannemorphew family during this incredibly tough time has been overwhelming and is deeply appreciated...Please continue to pray with us as we hold out hope for her safe return." TIPLINE: (719) 312-7530
2:04 PM · Jun 18, 2020·TweetDeck
Thanks Seattle....

I saw this earlier. Once in a while Ill voice my own opinion because I see somethings a little differently.

If it is allowed I am going to state a few things that bother me.
MOO

1. Friends are listed before family...
2. "...donating financially...has sustained the family..."
3. I understand having faith and religion... "Please continue to pray with us as we hold out hope..." When others claim they are out doing their own searches...even covering 200 miles. Why are they requestioning only prayers and hope???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member