Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone one SM had a interesting thing to say. In the press release on the 13th of may stated;

Investigation revealed that Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from Maysville had gone for a bike ride in that area and had not returned home.

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 13, 2020

On May 10, 2020 the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to County Road 225 and West Highway 50 on a report of a missing woman. Investigation revealed that Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from Maysville had gone for a bike ride in that area and had not returned home.

A search began immediately. Over the past 4 days over 100 search personnel from Chaffee County Search and Rescue, Department of Corrections, and the Chaffee County Combined Tac Team have scoured the area. Numerous Drones have been used for countless hours to assist in the search. 8 different tracking and scent dogs from the Department of Corrections and the Search and Rescue Dogs of Colorado were deployed to aid in the search. Members from Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams have searched area watersheds and Reach Air Ambulance flew search missions as well, however Ms Morphew has yet to be located.

In conjunction with the search the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation into the disappearance of Ms Morphew. Investigators from the 11th Judicial District, Colorado Bureau of Investigations, the Salida Police Department, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigations have joined the effort.

A dedicated tip line has been established by the Colorado Bureau of Investigations. That tip line number is 719-312-7530. Anyone with information into the disappearance of Ms Morphew are asked to call the tip line.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

I put the press release in for evidence.

After that the bike ride story disappears from the press releases.

If you listen to BM during his "impromptu interview" he makes a few "slip-ups". One is when he is describing the wheel of the bike, and he catches himself and changes the subject. Another slip up that nobody seems to mention is that when he's talking about learning that Suzanne is missing, he inadvertently says "we" as if someone else was with him during the Denver trip. Take another listen to the video and see what you all think. It's interesting. MOO
bbm
This ^^^
Hmm.
Imo, there were some clues in the TD video.
But to say I believe everything BM says as the truth ... not really.
I think he 'forgot himself' at various times. ;)

If you listen to BM during his "impromptu interview" he makes a few "slip-ups". One is when he is describing the wheel of the bike, and he catches himself and changes the subject. Another slip up that nobody seems to mention is that when he's talking about learning that Suzanne is missing, he inadvertently says "we" as if someone else was with him during the Denver trip. Take another listen to the video and see what you all think. It's interesting. MOO

I haven't listened, but if he said 'we', it could be a work buddy or employee.

Someone one SM had a interesting thing to say. In the press release on the 13th of may stated;
Investigation revealed that Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from Maysville had gone for a bike ride in that area and had not returned home.
I put the press release in for evidence.
After that the bike ride story disappears from the press releases.

Excellent, excellent post Poedelini.

Maybe THAT press release should be at the head of every thread?

Link to Sheriff website and all Press Releases:
Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

Last edited:
bbm
This ^^^
Hmm.
Imo, there were some clues in the TD video.
But to say I believe everything BM says as the truth ... not really.
I think he 'forgot himself' at various times. ;)
I just listened to the video again. He really does mess up. The first time, where it's pretty noticeable anyway, is in the telling of where and how the bike was found. The second time is when TD is asking him when did they find out SM was missing. It comes right after BM tells TD that the daughters have contacted the neighbor and him. He slips by saying..."Then we went to..." he trails off again, as if realizing that he's supposed to be alone and then moves on to another subject.

So, I want to know, who is "we" and where did they go? MOO

It looks like there are 19 Press Releases about Suzanne Morphew.

This specific Press Release (May 13) is important because it puts to rest a lot of speculation for the first thing that inspired people to assume BM did it: that she never went for the bike ride.

I don't see how anyone can have the *****'s to criticize LE for a lack of diligence or effort in trying to find her after reading what was and is involved and it began almost immediately. They were and are amazing.

Poedelini posted this upthread, but it bears repeating (and the red emphatic callout is mine, not the Sheriff's):
=======================================================
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE

May 13, 2020
On May 10, 2020 the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to County Road 225 and West Highway 50 on a report of a missing woman. Investigation revealed that Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from Maysville had gone for a bike ride in that area and had not returned home.

A search began immediately. Over the past 4 days over 100 search personnel from Chaffee County Search and Rescue, Department of Corrections, and the Chaffee County Combined Tac Team have scoured the area. Numerous Drones have been used for countless hours to assist in the search. 8 different tracking and scent dogs from the Department of Corrections and the Search and Rescue Dogs of Colorado were deployed to aid in the search. Members from Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams have searched area watersheds and Reach Air Ambulance flew search missions as well, however Ms Morphew has yet to be located.

In conjunction with the search the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation into the disappearance of Ms Morphew. Investigators from the 11th Judicial District, Colorado Bureau of Investigations, the Salida Police Department, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigations have joined the effort.

A dedicated tip line has been established by the Colorado Bureau of Investigations. That tip line number is 719-312-7530. Anyone with information into the disappearance of Ms Morphew are asked to call the tip line.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****
================================================

Last edited:
What’s more sad than SM being alone on Mother’s Day, is if SM wasn’t even alive on Mother’s Day.
JMO

I’ve pursued my alternative theory and one thing that clicked last night pretty much clinched it for me. So I ask that you set aside the guilty verdict and just follow my thoughts.
IMO, This started as a robbery scenario w/surveillance. This fits w/ charges for unnamed local yokel. RV park is perfect place. Trails and easement connect w/ 225(6) Ms house is slightly visible from 50, Google Earth, even more visible in March and April when trees were still bare.
During the surveillance, all three gals were tracked. This falls in w/ other offenses for local yokel.
Girls pack up car, obviously going to be gone awhile. Hmmmm, then BM hooks up his truck, obviously getting ready for Denver job. He could have been planning on Monday, then SM seemed perfectly happy, so he decided to go on Sunday morning. Covid does factor in, no church service. Suzanne May have indicated she was going to be LAZY on MD. This is a non issue, other than this:
Bad Guy sees that not only are the girls gone, but BM also.
For all we know, SM may take bike rides several times during the week. She may start out along the same route and BG has already determined where ambush will take place. Right of way would obscure vehicle from someone coming back, but not necessarily someone who started out after SM on a bike, also fatigue factor? Bach interview. They may not have seen each other, we may have unverified info of that. Just because MSM hasn’t reported it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. MOO
SM gets thrown from her bike, dragged into vehicle, bike won’t fit, gets tossed downhill.
Local yokel/BGuy has pattern of stupid mistakes, here it could be that he forgot about tracker watch or phone, or SM managed to toss them out.
I don’t think he went back to RV park, but he did head that direction.

Now put this guy into BMs place in our scenario—- substitute BG for BM it fits just as well. Because BG could have been hired byBM, still have to do every one of the same investigations. I have not factored in slab search, because I have followed timelines, trusses delivered and this in no way can be interpreted as a search warrant generated by anything more than statistical probability based on females murdered by SO w/ added overzealous person tipping that BM had been near slab (faulty tip based on timeline)
The rapidity of all the searches is most likely because BM has been cooperative from the start.

IMO any connection between
BM and BG has been eliminated thru BM s records, so now w/o any possibility of leading witnesses LE can recanvass asking specifically about local BG.

Local BG has been invisible prior to abduction perhaps at nearby town.

THE BIGGEST problem w/ my theory is that local Bad Guy has always slipped up and gotten caught. Or shown back up. Reason for focus on BM... works for me.
Or he has a partner.

Last edited:
This was still in the midst of the lockdown, so I doubt any flower deliveries were happening. In our area, many florists were expressing concern that their businesses wouldn't be able to survive the virus and shutdown. (I live in NV.)

It's so sad that SM was all alone on Mother's Day. MOO
It may be even sadder to think that she was not only alone but quite possibly already dead :( Personally, I don’t believe she lived to see the day.

Do you have a timestamp for any of this?
Yes, I just got the timestamps for you. TD has uploaded the video back on his channel. Where BM is describing the bike is found at @8 minute mark. But, the next time Barry messes up is as he's describing how he found out Suzanne is missing. @12:51 BM states to TD that The Girls Text SM but didn't hear back. @12:54--"So, we went to..." and quickly realizes he's said too much--and adds "They called my neighbors."

• She went on her bike ride

• House treated as potential crime scene

• EFFORTS include (in no order):
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
Salida Police Department
Fremont County Sheriff’s Office
Colorado Bureau of Investigation
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Investigators from the 11th Judicial District
Drones
Tracking and Scent Dogs
Search and Rescue Dogs
Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams have searched area watersheds and Reach Air Ambulance flew search missions
Reach Air Ambulance flew search missions
Dedicated Tip Line established
Reward offered
In person Canvassing - multiple times
Flyers, Banners
24 LE Officers stationed throughout the small town
• No public announcements of suspected predator in the area (we don't know what's being shared in the canvassing/private interviews)

• Husband's job site dug up
==========================================================================================

*my sincere apologies if I've forgotten something or someone that should be on this list*

Yes, I just got the timestamps for you. TD has uploaded the video back on his channel. Where BM is describing the bike is found at @8 minute mark. But, the next time Barry messes up is as he's describing how he found out Suzanne is missing. @12:51 BM states to TD that The Girls Text SM but didn't hear back. @12:54--"So, we went to..." and quickly realizes he's said too much--and adds "They called my neighbors."
I'd like to listen to this again, do you have the link please?
Thanks so much for pointing out the timestamps of the comments, that's incredibly helpful :)

• She went on her bike ride

• House treated as potential crime scene

• EFFORTS include (in no order):
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
Salida Police Department
Fremont County Sheriff’s Office
Colorado Bureau of Investigation
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Investigators from the 11th Judicial District
Drones
Tracking and Scent Dogs
Search and Rescue Dogs
Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams have searched area watersheds and Reach Air Ambulance flew search missions
Reach Air Ambulance flew search missions
Dedicated Tip Line established
Reward offered
In person Canvassing - multiple times
Flyers, Banners
24 LE Officers stationed throughout the small town
• No public announcements of suspected predator in the area (we don't know what's being shared in the canvassing/private interviews)

• Husband's job site dug up
==========================================================================================

*my sincere apologies if I've forgotten something or someone that should be on this list*
The only thing I would change is:

1. She went on a bike ride (allegedly). :)

Maybe BM is a pronoun-challenged speaker.
(Looney Tunes have an episode where Daffy Duck has that issue.)
If BM has that problem, it would be better for him than the alternative.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member