Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may also be hard to lock down a last seen time because of the safer at home in CO right now. She may have not been socializing with neighbors, running errands, etc but instead still isolating at home (except maybe doing some outdoor exercise like bike riding). But she still most likely talked to people on the phone like her family. I am also still curious when her family DID see her last or when they left, <modsnip: Do not insinuate family involvement>
bbm

I'm also interested in people outside of family who saw her last.
If Suzanne worked or had a volunteer job-- was she close to any employees, where she spoke with them ?
Did she talk with anyone on Sun. ?
I don't mean texting as that can be faked. (Patrick Frazee)

It's odd, imo, that no one from Suzannes' side of the family have spoken up ?
I've already said and I think many agree that it's way past time for the husband to say something publicly in a presser; and no, I do not feel it's "too soon".
Imo.
Eta : Well he released a statement.
Looks a little worse for wear... but I think it could have come sooner before the reward money.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s so strange to me that none of Suzanne’s relatives are saying anything AT ALL. Nobody. Makes me think it’s either not safe for them to do so or everyone sees where this is going and knows speaking out won’t help. Either way I feel sooooooo terribly sad for her girls because I would imagine they would want to do anything to help their mom. They obviously aren’t able to.

The thing is, until LE has a suspect, everyone is a suspect. That includes family members, close and not-so-close. IMO We can't make any assumptions about ANY family members or the general public.

I think it was a stranger abduction, period. She is attractive and looks vulnerable. If they sound her helmet, then for sure, she was knocked off her bike.

i don’t think she got far enough away from her house that a random violent person just happened to be there. I think it was someone known to her who knew she was alone that day. JMO

I had planned to re-watch the presser from Friday anyway, but can you give me an idea of where in the video (time stamp?) he says he doesn't believe she's alive?
It's in the Q&A section, if that helps locate it.

It's not that he says he doesn't believe she's alive but more that he hopes she is and it's possible she is.

jmo

Maybe the bike was wiped down with no finger prints at all - including Suzanne's.

Excellent post. The bike should have SM, BM, and childrenM prints all over it. If it’s wiped down then it’s clear that it was planted. If it’s got random new prints on it by an unknown person, then LE probably knows that by now.

Perhaps if that kind of phone call did occur, say from a daughter or the husband, and it caused the neighbor to investigate. Then this neighbor found no Suzanne in the house, possibly discovered the bike and still no Suzanne...that would be a reason to call 911. IMO
This actually happened to me but not as remote as this. Guy wanted my car and knew my daily routine to drop baby off at sitter. He was waiting in the bushes and jumped out and into car as I took my son into the sitter. Unfortunately There are some evil people out there.

The road to her home is where they were searching. There is no other way to get to the house by car, but nobody had any business using that road anyway, as it only goes to her home and I think three other neighbor's homes. The objects were found just west of the road to her home, in the area that they were searching.......so, yes......LE did have a good reason for closing the road to her home. IMO
Do you think LE have not searched her home? I would guess they that have. At least superficially.

Not saying you are wrong about them searching the road, but I would be shocked if they haven’t also searched the home. I don’t think the Sheriff would say the husband is cooperating if he had not allowed LE to search the home.

I had planned to re-watch the presser from Friday anyway, but can you give me an idea of where in the video (time stamp?) he says he doesn't believe she's alive?
I did not hear him say he does not believe she is alive. He said they have hope and will continue to search for her. Not in those exact words, but that is what he conveyed. Imo

Ugh. Well, I'm watching it again all the same, to see what actually did say.
Best approach. :)

If you have a sec, jot it down as well for the rest of us. (NOT that I'm giving you an assignment, lol!! But you did that for one of the nephew's comments and it was useful. Feel free to tell me to do it myself, ;) )

jmo

<modsnip>

Maybe husband thinks he knows who it may be. Possibly a friend? Or a worker from their home - someone they befriended? Handyman or landscaper, etc? Makes me wonder if anyone else from the area is missing (as in someone like a handyman or landscaper or friend, etc?)

Last edited by a moderator:
The road to her home is where they were searching. There is no other way to get to the house by car, but nobody had any business using that road anyway, as it only goes to her home and I think three other neighbor's homes. The objects were found just west of the road to her home, in the area that they were searching.......so, yes......LE did have a good reason for closing the road to her home. IMO

The route 225 turnoff goes to the well-know Foose's Creek Trail ( aka Colorado Trail) and Foose's Lake and Dam so there are lots of people who might be out using the main road #225 to go there on a lovely spring Mother's Day. The Morphew house is about 2000 feet from Foose's Lake. This might ring a bell.

One can also travel along Puma Path Road or a trail of it from the Monarch Spur RV Campground region. There is clearly a path that would be passable by foot, on bike, ATV and possibly by car. On the google map, you can see two tracks so it looks like it is accessible by vehicles with 4 wheels. I can't tell if there is a gate anywhere along it, but I doubt it. There are land parcels along that track, backing up to the South Arkansas River, that sold in 2019 so the path / road would have enough clearance to allow people to drive into the area to view the lots. The 8 acre lot east to their house sold last June for nearly $300K, so the dirt part of Pumas Path Road to the east would be the address for any new home there.

The parking area for access to Foose's Creek and Lake is not clear to me from google, and I can't do street view on route 225. There is parking along side Highway 50. It also looks like there is parking along the street closer to Highway 5o, and perhaps at a part of the trailhead that crosses a meadown north of the larger house just below the dam.

Knowing how popular that area is, it is very clear that people use Monarch Spur RV and campground to stay in that area to recreate along the route 225 and Colorado Trail. It would be very easy for someone to stay there appearing as a mountain biker or hiker and walk or bike past the Morphew house to surveille it frequently and no one would think anything was awry.

So, IMHO, there is another access to their home on Pumas Pass Road and it is big enough to access by vehicle, as well as ATV, bike, or on foot. Theoretically, one could view the Morphew home,, walk up to it, or could remove items or a person from it, exit east through Monarch Spur to Highway 50 and no one would see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE