Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So these are the only scenarios I can think of (obviously some are outlandish and some have already been dismissed):

1. Went for bike ride and was attacked by animal;
2. Went for bike ride and was abducted by a bad guy;
3. Went for bike ride and became disoriented/ill and is lost;
4. Went for bike ride in order to isolate and harm herself;
5. House broken into by bad guy and she was abducted. (Tons of options here - stranger, spouse’s lover, her lover, either lover’s spouse, former student, etc. )
6. Killed by <modsnip> other close person and bike ride scenario was staged.

Am I missing anything?

maybe — went for a bike ride and was harmed by someone she knew? Although that fits with #2 assuming you didn’t exclusively mean bad guy was a stranger

and — went for a bike ride and someone accidentally hurt her

Last edited by a moderator:
I've wondered, if the neighbor is a man, woman, or family, or commune or whatever.
This quote is the first time I see "They", and "their" for the "reporting party". So can we assume the neighbor is not a lone individual? Not that it matters, just curious, and maybe helpful that neighbor is at least 2 people who can corroborate whatever they saw, heard, or what they may have been told over the phone.
(unless the words they and their are just a way to keep the 1 neighbor anonymous as to gender.....but why?)
I know, I'm nitpicking.....just a bit starved for any productive info that can lead to Suzanne I guess.
Like you suggest, I think “they” is merely gender neutral here (rather than plural) to protect the neighbor’s identity.

Addressing #'s 5 & 6; I haven't read anywhere that the house and area surrounding the house has been taped off and sealed and that teams were in there searching and or removing items of evidence. That search would have taken several hours and many LE vehicles and yet it hasn't been reported in MSM. It seems that if there was an idea of violent attack inside the house that would have hit the news.
Also, where are the husband and daughter staying now, at the house? That would seem odd to me if there were evidence of her abduction or killing there.
I remember reading in the first days that the road to her home was indeed blocked off for a while. Also, I remember in Gannon’s case, they let family back in his home. Same with Kelsey. I imagine they need to meet a serious threshold of evidence to take over someone’s home? If they had that, we’d be hearing a different song from LE, IMO.

This post from the media thread links a tweet on 5/13/20 about the road to her home being blocked off. There was also a little bit of discussion on the first thread about it and whether it was possible LE were searching the home at that point. I don’t think we have heard officially that her home was searched, but it seems reasonable to assume so, IMO.

CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*

It may also be hard to lock down a last seen time because of the safer at home in CO right now. She may have not been socializing with neighbors, running errands, etc but instead still isolating at home (except maybe doing some outdoor exercise like bike riding). But she still most likely talked to people on the phone like her family. I am also still curious when her family DID see her last or when they left, if they were in fact out of town that weekend.

Look... google Suzanne Morphew and the most recent info is 21h ago. And then 2d, 3d, subsequently. If the sheriff’s office (don’t forget assisted by the FBI early) believed it was truly a missing persons case (either voluntary or abduction), there would have been multiple media contacts/ public pleas. <modsnip> She isn’t lost at sea, or definitively stuck in a harsh environment. Time ONLY matters in this context bc of the proverbial “cold trail”. This criminal investigation is targeted. They are building a case. JMO, but if I’m wrong...

IF her family was out of town last weekend when she went missing, and someone who knew this did her harm, I am trying to think of all the people I might casually mention to that my family was OOT.
-Friends/neighbors I socialize with (NOT pointing blame at the neighbor who called, by the way, just speaking generally of neighbors)
-Co-workers if I have a job
-Other family members/relatives
-I suppose also the random worker who does stuff at my house and is making small talk, and along that line, someone who works at a store in town that I frequent. I do believe some stores are still open, such as gas stations/pharmacies, etc. Maybe she always go to the same store and knows the clerk there. I can see them inquiring "So what are you up to this MD weekend?" and she replies by saying she is enjoying some time solo or whatever.

All this is just supposition and running through some possibilities.

Thanks !
I missed that.
I, too, question when she was actually missing.
Maysville’s Suzanne Morphew, 49, is missing. The Chaffee County Communications Center received a call about a missing female at 5:46 p.m. on Sunday. Sheriff John Spezze said that’s the day they think she went missing.

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of C.R. 225 and U.S. 50 in Maysville and contacted the reporting party who told them Morphew had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.

Maysville woman missing

Missing Persons Planet@Home4theMissing
49-year-old Suzanne Morphew of Maysville, Colorado was reported missing on Sunday @ 5:45PM after she failed to return home from a bike ride near County Road 225 & U. S. 50; she was reported missing by her neighbor because her husband is in Denver on business.

Here is the article that said they THINK she went missing on Sunday, for reference.

How long had Barry been in Denver? When was the last time Suzanne has actually been seen? had conversation with her? Maybe this happened before Mother’s Day and perp knew her daughters would be contacting her on Mother’s Day then staged her disappearance with her bike and personal items to throw off LE where she really is. Maybe she was killed in her house. Someone could have put her body in their car she’s only 5’4 115 lbs and nowhere near the search.

<modsnip>

Josh Mankiewicz, of Dateline said " “A friend of mine, who’s a homicide detective, says all murders, when you’re looking for motive, classify them as love, money or pride".
Josh is my fav reporter on Dateline

Hi guys.....I need to ask a question about this bc it doesn’t jive totally for me.

I get that love & money are two motives for murder. And I see how a spouse/SO sometimes murders for pride if they are being dumped. But how would a murder of a random/unknown-to-the-perp victim fit as pride motivated, i.e. the perp just wanted to kill someone for the hell of it?

(I luv Josh too!)

How long had Barry been in Denver? When was the last time Suzanne has actually been seen? had conversation with her? Maybe this happened before Mother’s Day and perp knew her daughters would be contacting her on Mother’s Day then staged her disappearance with her bike and personal items to throw off LE where she really is. Maybe she was killed in her house. Someone could have put her body in their car she’s only 5’4 115 lbs and nowhere near the search.
I’d like to know the answer to all these questions!

Hi guys.....I need to ask a question about this bc it doesn’t jive totally for me.

I get that love & money are two motives for murder. And I see how a spouse/SO sometimes murders for pride if they are being dumped. But how would a murder of a random/unknown-to-the-perp victim fit as pride motivated, i.e. the perp just wanted to kill someone for the hell of it?

(I luv Josh too!)

the categories are pretty broad, but a random unknown to perp/victim usually is “love” (read: sex) motivated. For some serial killers that may be part of it but pride would be the power they have over the victim and deciding when/where/how they die. Also for some like Israel Keyes, the pride in getting away with so many and not being on LE’s radar in the slightest.

Like you suggest, I think “they” is merely gender neutral here (rather than plural) to protect the neighbor’s identity.

I remember reading in the first days that the road to her home was indeed blocked off for a while. Also, I remember in Gannon’s case, they let family back in his home. Same with Kelsey. I imagine they need to meet a serious threshold of evidence to take over someone’s home? If they had that, we’d be hearing a different song from LE, IMO.

This post from the media thread links a tweet on 5/13/20 about the road to her home being blocked off. There was also a little bit of discussion on the first thread about it and whether it was possible LE were searching the home at that point. I don’t think we have heard officially that her home was searched, but it seems reasonable to assume so, IMO.

CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*

The road to her home is where they were searching. There is no other way to get to the house by car, but nobody had any business using that road anyway, as it only goes to her home and I think three other neighbor's homes. The objects were found just west of the road to her home, in the area that they were searching.......so, yes......LE did have a good reason for closing the road to her home. IMO

I’m finding it really hard to believe that someone was lying in wait in the woods in order to hurt or kidnap her... I also do not at all believe this was or was supposed to be a ransom situation.
I’m basically seeing this as an opportunistic attack on the trail from an unhinged stranger, OR it’s someone close to home who somewhat successfully was able to stage this bike ride.

I’m often floored by the fact that family members/suspects are allowed to continue dwelling in the home when it becomes clear later that it is one of the crime scenes... happens in so many cases.. I hope that one of the teams thoroughly searched the home on Monday as another team was out searching for her.

<modsnip>

I feel that a family member called the neighbor and said “hey, SM was going for a bike ride today and I can’t get ahold of her, could you go check to see if she made it back safely, I’m worried she never made it home” and that’s really all that was needed to trigger the 911 call and get the ball rolling on the bike ride story. Adding “last seen in this helmet” would further that story even though no one has actually said they saw her leave for the bike ride wearing said helmet...
just my opinion !!!

(I luv Josh too!)

Pride as a noun:

a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.
"he takes great pride in his appearance"

Or in the case of a murderer who chooses random victims, he takes great pride in his crimes, and not being caught. Murderers who kill for the thrill often state in interviews later, how they achieved a high or a great satisfaction from the act.

Although, I don't think this applies in Suzanne's case.
I think whoever disappeared her, is likely known to her.

IF her family was out of town last weekend when she went missing, and someone who knew this did her harm, I am trying to think of all the people I might casually mention to that my family was OOT.
-Friends/neighbors I socialize with (NOT pointing blame at the neighbor who called, by the way, just speaking generally of neighbors)
-Co-workers if I have a job
-Other family members/relatives
-I suppose also the random worker who does stuff at my house and is making small talk, and along that line, someone who works at a store in town that I frequent. I do believe some stores are still open, such as gas stations/pharmacies, etc. Maybe she always go to the same store and knows the clerk there. I can see them inquiring "So what are you up to this MD weekend?" and she replies by saying she is enjoying some time solo or whatever.

All this is just supposition and running through some possibilities.
Good post or even what about a jealous woman or ex lover of Barry’s who knew Suzanne was alone at the house had been stalking her and knew her regular routines. It’s happened before a jealous women stalking and hiring a hitman. I Can recall the case of that beautiful female dentist Dr Kendra Hatcher who was killed by her boyfriends jealous ex girlfriend Brenda Delgado who stalked her then hired a hitman to kill her. It was all over the media. Suzanne is very beautiful I could see a Jealous woman infatuated with Barry getting Suzanne out of his life.

Everything.............the house, the objects found, the bicycle, and the entire search are Monarch Pass. Highway 50 leaves Poncha Springs heading west, and climbing 1,340 feet in elevation in just 9 miles to get near the spot where the objects were presumably found. On the left and right, There are some of the higher mountains in North America, crowding close in at just under twelve thousand feet. The house is tucked in the trees 105 feet in elevation below, slightly behind and to the left. GPS only works accurately when it has direct "line of sight" to a minimum of two independent satellites. In in an unblocked sky, it might "see" as many as eleven of them; but on Monarch Pass there are places where it can't even "see" one satellite. All of this is three miles and 2000 feet in elevation from the top of the pass. IMO

Great info! Thank you so much @Dave F.! I am in Colorado, but not that familiar with this area. How far is house and previous search area, where they closed the pass, apart?

I’m finding it really hard to believe that someone was lying in wait in the woods in order to hurt or kidnap her... I also do not at all believe this was or was supposed to be a ransom situation.
I’m basically seeing this as an opportunistic attack on the trail from an unhinged stranger, OR it’s someone close to home who somewhat successfully was able to stage this bike ride.

I’m often floored by the fact that family members/suspects are allowed to continue dwelling in the home when it becomes clear later that it is one of the crime scenes... happens in so many cases.. I hope that one of the teams thoroughly searched the home on Monday as another team was out searching for her.

<modsnip>

I feel that a family member called the neighbor and said “hey, SM was going for a bike ride today and I can’t get ahold of her, could you go check to see if she made it back safely, I’m worried she never made it home” and that’s really all that was needed to trigger the 911 call and get the ball rolling on the bike ride story. Adding “last seen in this helmet” would further that story even though no one has actually said they saw her leave for the bike ride wearing said helmet...
just my opinion !!!
Perhaps if that kind of phone call did occur, say from a daughter or the husband, and it caused the neighbor to investigate. Then this neighbor found no Suzanne in the house, possibly discovered the bike and still no Suzanne...that would be a reason to call 911. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member