Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still trying to stay positive. I’ve read only wonderful things written about Suzanne and Barry... and I’ve gone blind trying to find anything iffy or questionable.

Remember Carol Kiparski & Ian Irwin?

The pretzel with mustard and only one bite taken out? No gear taken for a hike etc.

It was a recovery only, not a rescue. They got lost and were missing for a week....

Hoping Suzanne is found alive.

Why I love websleuths. I’ve always followed because y’all are the best. It got personal and it is and I’m sorry . I never even commented until this case. There’s a reason I’m on here! I love y’all!
@CheesyCa I applaud your courage to speak up and realize that some posts seem judgemental and critical. I assure you, All is NOT as it appears. For SM, it is personal. She is missing, needs help, was victimized ... we are here for her.

Websleuths circles the wagon to protect the victim. But as the investigation proceeds and information becomes available, that circle widens.

ETA: clarification

Last edited:
Her foundation is a Christian-based charity and she does have that post about Him being the source of blessings

Did she attend religious services or have local church friends. They often assist in searches and publicizing missing members
Good question. Since she apparently is religious did she go to church on Sunday, the day she was she reported to have gone missing?

Good question. Since she apparently is religious did she go to church on Sunday, the day she was she reported to have gone missing?

No she wouldn’t have physically attended. The service that day was streamed online because of the Covid-19 non-contact restrictions. It was uploaded the next day to YouTube as is (apparently) customary. I won’t link it here because I’ll probably be in breach of the WS TOS if I do - members of the church don’t need us circling them!

Suzanne Morphew search: Investigators find 'personal item' - CNN

Investigators find a 'personal item' during search for a Colorado woman who vanished on Mother's Day
By Faith Karimi, CNN
Updated 4:27 AM EDT, Sat May 16, 2020

—-
nothing new - 6 ? Days missing - has it been confirmed that she was seen alive Sunday ? We know the 911 call was made -so little information released IMO - why? What’s going on ?

"Affair! Jealous woman" ~ @charminglane

This theory answers several questions:
  • Why is the husband not releasing a statement?
  • Why isn't the family pleading for her return?
  • Why was her husband out of town (only 2.5 hours away)?
  • Why isn't more descriptive information offered for identification?
  • Why isn't there more public involvement?

This would not be the first time an "Other Woman" arranged for and/or murdered the spouse of her married lover.

In this case, BM would immediately suspect the OW and would be less likely to make public statements. His cooperation would come with extreme difficulty, embarrassment, regret, remorse, humiliation and risk of destroying and losing his daughters, family and friends.

This theory would not warrant such public pleas and assistance if they already know the victim met with foul play.

Its a theory, and my thoughts are based on speculation.

Attachments

• charminglane post.png
    charminglane post.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I found the presser to be quite telling, and firmly believe they have a good working theory. Here are my big areas of consideration, for now:
  • So much that is not said is important, as well as body language. When asked if if they thought Suzanne was alive, while shaking his head no, Spezze said (which we expect) that they hope she is alive etc. That may be me overreaching but I found it interesting as it’s not an uncommon giveaway, for someone to shake their head no while affirming in the positive when they don’t believe something is true.
  • Regarding a stranger attack - unless an abduction occurred and the UNSUB had reason to keep SM alive, IF this was a stranger abduction I’d expect to find her body near the abduction site. When someone disappears, it’s often because either the UNSUB has reason to keep them alive (whether that be to take them elsewhere to continue the assault or other nefarious reasons), or because it’s not in fact an act committed by a stranger at all. Remember, transporting someone and holding them hostage or killing them later and disposing of them takes a lot more work/risk/effort than leaving them in the location. And if you are not known to the victim, well no need to make them disappear as LE will not immediately (or ever) tie you to them.
  • I’d love to know when the last known sighting of Suzanne was, and who saw her. We don’t know for sure she disappeared on Sunday, per quotes from Spezze. That’s concerning.
  • We (the public) have not been asked to look for a woman wearing xyz, no description of possible clothing or other items. That’s concerning.
  • The family has not spoken out publicly pleading for her return. If she had been abducted by a stranger, and with the FBI/CBI assisting in particular, I’d expect LE to encourage the family to make some statements humanizing/personalizing Suzanne, as we know sometimes that’s the only way to reach an abductor. Make the victim a person, do not allow them to be depersonalized.
There’s more that troubles me but this post is already far too long. I for one fear Suzanne is already deceased, and they’re looking for her body. The FBI’s ERT (evidence recovery team) is who they chose to bring into this case, likely for good reason.

Wouldn't the daughter's call her or text her on Mother's Day? I am curious if they did, and didn't get a reply?
Is the social media activity info coming from the DailyMail? If so, a WSer delved into that and found inaccurate information - the post the DailyMail referred to as the day before was actually a year before. Suzanne's social media seems to be mostly private, and I don't think we know what her recent online activity was.

jmo

Last edited:
Yes. I would like to know who ladt saw her and when.
The neighbor at noon or earlier?
I don’t think the neighbor ever saw her, honestly. There is plenty of land separating them and the neighbor would have to have been outside I’d imagine to see her leaving, unless they sit at a window and watch the world go by daily.

I’m of the opinion someone called the neighbor and asked for them to check on Suzanne as they could not reach her, and perhaps relayed the fact that she may have been on a bike ride. This is why we have no solid confirmation yet that Sunday is indeed when she disappeared - no corroborating eyewitness.

Given that there is over 2 million in real estate and many pictures of what appears to be a very comfortable lifestyle, I was taken aback by the mention of a go fund me account. Especially in the current state of our economy where family's have NO money and stand in line for food.

Does anyone have any information on this nephew? What is the money needed for that can't be provided by BM?

I might be misremembering, but when it was first announced/linked from the "official" FB Find Suzanne missing page, I took a gander and it seemed like the goal then was 25k. I guess they reached that and extended? Again, I don't know for sure and it's probably nothing, but yeah it's pretty easy to get sketchy whenever crowdfunding is involved.

Very good question....though are church services happening now in Colorado? Is her church streaming services or meeting via Zoom? Perhaps the church office would know if Suzanne participated in an online service.

jmo

edited to add: I see this was addressed above - I didn't see the response before posting mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21