Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't read anything into it, other than to say it sounded odd that he called SM his aunt, but called BM "the husband".
It's inconsistent so it stands out to me.
I have no idea if they're in business together or not, or if they are, how it would have any bearing on SM being missing.

jmo
"The husband" honestly doesn't mean anything to me. It was a way to differentiate the husband from the friend, IIRC, regarding the reward money. I might be wrong about that.

Anyone have a link to the comment in full context?

jmo

I’m assuming there will be searches today...if they are not already occurring as we speak. Does anyone know if there is a press conference happening today?

I think it's safe to say no unless SM is located or recovered.

The Sheriff indicated at Friday's presser that he would not be doing regular pressers and referred people to check for updates on the Chaffee County Sheriff FB.

I can't read anything into it, other than to say it sounded odd that he called SM his aunt, but called BM "the husband".
It's inconsistent so it stands out to me.
I have no idea if they're in business together or not, or if they are, how it would have any bearing on SM being missing.

jmo
Like I said, they would have issues? Maybe money?

Yes, a creep with a fetish/signature might stage things in a specific way, but that generally isn’t the same as staging a scene to look like the person was abducted, right? I totally know what you mean, we have scene plenty of murders staged for the satisfaction of the perpetrator, but that gets...weird...not tossing a bike and a pair of headphones or whatever they’ve found.
I didn't know the items were tossed. That's news to me how the items were found.

jmo

Well, a random attacker might stage something to be creepy.

We had a murder in my area where items were left in a deliberate way....and it was spooky. Crime remains unsolved, but all things point to random spooky attacker. :(

Of course, I don't know if that is the case with the bike and/or other items found. We don't know much at all. Sometimes I think it was staged, other times I don't.

jmo

It seems it would be unnecessary for a random attacker to stage a crime scene in a case like this.

There were apparently no eye witnesses and the victim was apparently home alone

It would make more sense that if there has been planted evidence/staging that it would be by someone that has some sort of direct connection to the victim.

It's not uncommon for somebody that may be on LE's radar to try to redirect an investigation

The lake caught my eye when someone posted a map yesterday. Is there a trail by the lake that could be used by biker (not just hiker)? I get nervous when I see a body of water when we cover cases. Have any searches included the lake?

jmo

The photo that accompanied the LE piece about finding personal item(s) showed the turnoff from Highway 50 onto country road 226. This road follows the South Arkansas River and there is also a small dam and a lake within several hundred yards of the turnoff.

I would want to see that checked out, too.

It seems it would be unnecessary for a random attacker to stage a crime scene in a case like this.
Snipped.

Yes, I agree, but the reason would be to be creepy.

But, "random creepy perp who stages scenes" is hardly my top theory....just tossing the idea into the mix since we don't have much to go on. Once we get more info, the path will be clearer (I hope).

jmo

The lake caught my eye when someone posted a map yesterday. Is there a trail by the lake that could be used by biker (not just hiker)? I get nervous when I see a body of water when we cover cases. Have any searches included the lake?

jmo

That Foose dam is the start of the Foose Creek Trail. It has great write up in AllTrails. It is very clearly a top mountain biker trail in the area. Not for vehicles. There is also a large home right by there. Maybe the home of someone who owned the area before it was developed.

If she was targeted for some reason, it would be very easy for someone to stay at Monarch Spur and bike around the area to their hearts content, up and down their street, checking out Foose Creek Trail and the 226 road trail

They would likely never be noticed.

I sure hope they or their neighbors had a surveillance cam facing the road.

Yes, a creep with a fetish/signature might stage things in a specific way, but that generally isn’t the same as staging a scene to look like the person was abducted, right?

I totally know what you mean, we have seen plenty of murders staged for the satisfaction of the perpetrator, but that gets...weird...not tossing a bike and a pair of headphones or whatever they’ve found.

Thanks for mentioning that, as it does make a difference.
I mean sure, there are more than a few serial killers who pose (stage) their victims after the fact but that's much different than a "staged" scene of an alleged abduction. And just to point out, we don't actually know IF the items belonging to SM were staged or not.

I just fear that she was killed in the area, maybe put under brush uphill. No one likes to walk uphill without a trail, so it might take years to find her. Yet the scent dogs don't support that fear.

My best hope is that she is alive, held captive as brave Jayme was, and will escape. It can happen, although it doesn't happen often. Her age doesn't support that idea, but her beauty does.

I'm scared of what finances might show, if anything, for my third scenario.

MOO, of course.

- - - * - - - * - - - * - - -

WS Haiku

See an unwise post?
Just click the Report button
Everyone is glad

Want to speculate?
Put J-M-O, M-O-O
Or put a good link!

Don't talk about these:
Mods, who's on Time Out, rumors
No more thread shut downs!

Hunh, you hate my posts?
Hey, scroll-n-roll, scroll-n-roll
Keep your BP down.

Why is Websleuths so good?
They have responsible rules.
Not wild like Facebook.

Snipped.

Yes, I agree, but the reason would be to be creepy.

But, "random creepy perp who stages scenes" is hardly my top theory....just tossing the idea into the mix since we don't have much to go on. Once we get more info, the path will be clearer (I hope).

jmo

There definitely may have been someone tossing something no doubt

THIS THREAD WAS TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR CLEANUP TO REMOVE DOZENS OF POSTS THAT WERE IN VIOLATION OF TOS BECAUSE OF THESE INFRACTIONS:

- MENTIONING RUMORS THAT HAVE NO LINKS IN MSM TO BACK THEM UP.
-DISCUSSING INFO FROM FAMILY SOCIAL MEDIA.
-QUOTING POSTS THAT BROKE THESE RULES.

PLEASE STOP DOING THESE THINGS SO THAT THE DISCUSSION CAN REMAIN OPEN AND PRODUCTIVE.

Gratefully,
CocoChanel

Last edited:
Here, the nephew (TN) is referring to the missing as 'his aunt' so to me it doesn't follow that he would not also say 'my uncle' in the same breath.

I don't know about you but one of the first things I do when I join a missing person thread is google their name. And no surprise that SM's name appears in several Obituaries. You certainly don't have to sleuth a family (or violate TOS) to know that TN is in-fact the blood nephew of 'the husband.'

Perhaps this alone is what makes this 'the husband' so odd to me.

MOO

Good point (your speech analysis).

The only other explanation I can think of is that the whole family is trying hard not to use "the husband's" name. Even the news article where "the husband" puts up a $100,000 reward doesn't mention "the husband's" first name.

Good point (your speech analysis).

The only other explanation I can think of is that the whole family is trying hard not to use "the husband's" name. Even the news article where "the husband" puts up a $100,000 reward doesn't mention "the husband's" first name.

What reason would the family have to not use the husband's actual name?

I find it strange that there would be scheduled work trainings held on Mother’s Day weekend of all possible weekends. Especially considering social distancing and many trainings are being held via zoom or other platforms. I’m sure LE has thoroughly checked into all of that at this point just noting that IMO it’s a strange weekend to hold a work trainingo_O

I know and I agree

We're trying to help find Suzanne, not harm the woman.

She is missing under suspicious circumstances. Items of hers were found during searches. To our knowledge, so far, it doesn't appear to be an abduction, as the case would be treated differently if that was the case. LE would be begging the public for help- did anyone see Suzanne get into a car? Did anyone see a suspicious vehicle in the neighborhood? Asking neighbors if they had cameras to call LE and let them view them? Was there anyone that looked like Suzanne on the biking trail that day that people recall, and if so, when did they see her, was she with anyone?

I think you get my drift. Going by what we have for evidence presented to us by LE, to which the sheriff seems very firm in his belief that she was not attacked by an animal, we're able to rule out several things- kidnapping (at this point and time), animal attack, it doesn't appear that they think she drowned or did self harm.

What is left? Unfortunately, foul play.

So we examine things closer. Learn from past cases to sift through the sheriff's wording in his statements. Some clues can be gleaned by both past cases and listening to other sheriff's wording in press conferences from previous cases- things that they aren't saying. The way something is worded. Alibis checked out or did not- to which I have stated a couple of times that so far, no alibis have been confirmed by this sheriff, and his wording that he hopes that her husband continues to cooperate may be a sign that they are expecting him to lawyer up. We also haven't heard about anyone taking a lie detector test willingly. We haven't heard what the condition of the bike is, if there was any signs of blood or body fluids found in the park or at home, on and on we could go here.

So, hopefully, more questions will be answered soon and hopefully Suzanne will be found- preferably alive and well, but unfortunately, we've been to this rodeo too many times to remain optimistic. Once in a blue moon, a missing person gone this long (and much longer) has been found alive, to which we all hope and pray for.

Like everyone close to Suzanne, we want her found and answers given if something bad happened to her. We want justice.

Some of us here have personal reasons for being on here- in other words, they've been through what this family is going through, and try to help other missing persons get justice, if the person has been harmed.

Everyone here cares and is compassionate. Strange as it sounds, many of us grieve people we've never met, after hearing they were harmed and found deceased.

I find it strange that there would be scheduled work trainings held on Mother’s Day weekend of all possible weekends. Especially considering social distancing and many trainings are being held via zoom or other platforms. I’m sure LE has thoroughly checked into all of that at this point just noting that IMO it’s a strange weekend to hold a work trainingo_O
Seems as if there is wildland fire training in Denver, but none had occurred since May 3rd...a week before mother’s day. At least with this company. Here’s the link if anyone wants to check it out: Colorado Firecamp - wildland firefighter training JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member