Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen anything mentioning a home security system or cameras. Can you please link to that? If there are cameras at the home, that's huge! I would wonder why we haven't heard that mentioned, especially by the Nephew.

Well, I take that back. We aren't receiving anything from LE, but still!!

Im not sure if there is, i edited my post too. I thought someone saying that it said on the listing page of the house that it had camera's, but again not sure.

EDITED POST
Flyer/Poster Offering Reward?
Image of this flyer is shown on https://www.facebook.com/findsuzannemorphew/.
Appears to be a flyer created by nephew or someone affiliated w him, not LE.
Flyer shows tip line #. Is that LE's tip line?
"Police and family are seeking any information leading to her safe return, no questions asked, offer a $200,000 reward."

Yes, that is the correct phone number.

I find it shocking that LE won't allow the public to search now. How may days do they need before letting the people who want to help go look? The only thing I can think of is that they know something different. Seriously, 6 days later and still not able to get groups of people to go look. IMO

200k no questions asked

Yeah, LE is generally not in the "no questions asked" business, so... they're not going to promote a flyer that states as much.

I do believe the biggest reason they (LE) haven't disclosed any more info than they have, is because the evidence they already have is pointing in a very specific direction, and they're exhausting all leads in that direction, for the time being.

In other words, they're not asking for the public's help, because they don't need it.

jmo

Not related to Suzanne, but mentions her-

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

2 hrs ·
This past week was National Law Enforcement week. We use this time to recognize our men and women who are so very dedicated to protect all of us day in and day out. We also use this time to remember those who so bravely gave the ultimate sacrifice just doing what they love best.

As your sheriff I have had the pleasure serving with the men and women of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office as well as those who work in our fellow agencies, Salida Police, Buena Vista Police, Colorado State Patrol, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Bureau of Land Management and the Department of Corrections and most recently the Colorado Bureau of Investigations and the Federal Bureau of Investigations. I can honestly say I/we are very fortunate to have these men and women protecting us.

Over the past year the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office has faced some very taxing incidents, the loss of our brother Roy Williams, the Decker Fire and now the Suzanne Morphew investigation and search. These incidents have tested our abilities and our commitment to duty but through all of this I have never been prouder to be associated with a finer crew of dedicated men and women. We are so very fortunate in a small community to have people who will run into the fire or line of fire as others run away, This includes our dispatchers, our detentions officers, and our records personnel.

I want to extend a huge thank you for all you have done. I truly feel that the best organization is only as good as those carrying the day in and day out burden. For that I THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully

John A. Spezze

Chaffee County Sheriff

I find it shocking that LE won't allow the public to search now. How may days do they need before letting the people who want to help go look? The only thing I can think of is that they know something different. Seriously, 6 days later and still not able to get groups of people to go look. IMO

IMO, untrained search volunteers many times are a pain to manage, a safety risk, a risk to evidence if found to an investigation, etc. Some think as many eyes and boots on the ground the better, not always the case. I feel strongly those that are out there don’t want to deal with volunteer searchers. They want to systematically work like they were trained to do. Now, volunteers can be tasked with handing out fliers, or locals familiar to the area can be very helpful to consult.

EDITED POST
Flyer/Poster Offering Reward?
Image of this flyer is shown on https://www.facebook.com/findsuzannemorphew/.
Appears to be a flyer created by nephew or someone affiliated w him, not LE.
Flyer shows tip line #. Is that LE's tip line?
"Police and family are seeking any information leading to her safe return, no questions asked, offer a $200,000 reward."

I can’t believe the nephew/the family/whoever is sponsoring this show haven’t been hauled over the coals for this and that it hasn’t been withdrawn.

It is a blatant attempt to influence the narrative by suggesting:
a) police and family are working together
b) police also believe it’s an abduction
c) police are offering the reward.

Poor Suzanne.

Yeah, LE is generally not in the "no questions asked" business, so... they're not going to promote a flyer that states as much.

I do believe the biggest reason they (LE) haven't disclosed any more info than they have, is because the evidence they already have is pointing in a very specific direction, and they're exhausting all leads in that direction, for the time being.

In other words, they're not asking for the public's help, because they don't need it.

jmo

If LE is dead silent especially early on in a case it almost always means that they have uncovered very specific evidence.

They don't need to dig up leads bc they already have them

That should be in no way a sign that the case is not progressing.

In fact I think they are likely making tremendous progress

Watch what LE is doing and or is not doing.

There's always reasons for the way that they are investigating each case

If we had never heard about the bike ride(told to LE by the caller) we would think we were following a murder investigation and not a missing persons case.

I say this as a member of a site that discusses active police investigations, which I enjoy. However, I believe social media, especially the FB groups that pop up have really changed the way many departments communicate to the public now days. Social media while very helpful to get the word out can also cause so many problems to an investigation , specifically damaging rumors or actual information being released that LE did not want out there. It moves lightening fast. It’s hard to reel it back in. Because of this, I think some departments are taking a different approach, lips sealed on most facts or avenues they are going down. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member