Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. And I think the SW only echoes those facts - a woman is missing and her husband dug a hole. LE couldn't ignore that situation. Without anything further, though, I'd call the reaction due diligence. Accordingly, there is a far distance from what is necessary to get the SW to saying that LE was only digging because they had such great evidence on BLM and have homed in on BLM since the beginning. Again, that may be true but this search doesn't argue that way. All IMO.

To be clear, I"m not arguing with you, @10ofRods , or attributing any comments to you beyond what I've quoted here. Hopefully that is clear. I'm making a general argument about the strength of the probable cause used to secure the SW to dig up the concrete.

Oh, I totally agree with you. I think it's entire possible that LE has more than one suspect firmly in their sights.

So far, we have no signs (even rumor) of any other sites being similarly searched. But some of the 10 sites searched could have yielded interesting clues. That still led them back to the Morphew home recently? Or are there different hypotheses? We don't know.

@10ofRods, what was Suzanne reading or interested in reading per her account? I’ve often wondered if Suzanne felt newly inspired?

I don't have my notes - but it is in earlier threads (no energy to go look). There were several self-help books on her "to read" list and also enterpreneurial literature. The self-help books included (IIRC) several on dealing with difficult people, how to rely on faith to get through difficult situations - someone else may have kept the list, I got the link from someone here.

It was fairly recent (last 2 years) that she listed those things. There were several on exercise, health and fitness as well.

Updating the April 2017 SM fb photo published by MSM with link on June 2, 2020.

Couple appears to be standing in the doorway of a hotel room (from outside looking in). MOO

Suzanne-Morphew-Barry-Morphew-doorway.jpg

YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on

ETA: I believe the April 2017 fb photo post was taken during a family vacation. Daughters are included in fb photo post on same date as published by MSM linked below.

NINTCHDBPICT000584022962.jpg

Missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew's family still holding out hope for her ‘safe return’ six weeks after she vanished

That second one received attention early on, due to the placement of BM's left hand.

I don't know what to think, but will consider it normative for some cultures?

Oh, I totally agree with you. I think it's entire possible that LE has more than one suspect firmly in their sights.

So far, we have no signs (even rumor) of any other sites being similarly searched. But some of the 10 sites searched could have yielded interesting clues. That still led them back to the Morphew home recently? Or are there different hypotheses? We don't know.
I totally think that more than one person could be involved.
JMO

Not that it matters but in the hotel room photo, SM has on a dress that has a kind of mesh insert at the waste and is wearing a necklace, in the other one with the girls, I don't see either. It could be my computer screen but I did enlarge.
That's not to say she didn't change or that it's not the same vacation (which it most likely is).

The wristband bracelets are in both photos.

But you’re right. Her dress is different.

MOO

Not that it matters but in the hotel room photo, SM has on a dress that has a kind of mesh insert at the waste and is wearing a necklace, in the other one with the girls, I don't see either. It could be my computer screen but I did enlarge.
That's not to say she didn't change or that it's not the same vacation (which it most likely is).

Those are two different dresses Suzanne has on. The cut is completely different. Her hair is uniform in both photos so I agree it's probably the same vacation. He has on the same outfit. A colour coordinated family. And a handsome one, too.

The wristband bracelets are in both photos.

But you’re right. Her dress is different.

MOO
I don't think so. Of course maybe someone can blow it up larger than I can, but I think I see something at the waist in the foursome pic too.
It doesn't really matter except to say I think the family was on vacation and they looked like a happy family.
BM's look on his face in that one pic looks a bit annoyed but who knows what was happening at that second?

It's just business as usual for BM.

Take note a well permit or proof of water service is a pre-requisite for obtaining a building permit. BM is not going to waste any time breaking ground after laying out significant funds for that building lot. Some might say his time to get things done is limited.

http://www.chaffeecounty.org/EndUserFiles/57077.pdf
I'm out of the loop on this purchase. Is this something that took place recently or is this something he and Suzanne had been planning? If you know, thanks.

Can “long, then longer, then even longer” hard looking obliquely point at more planning going into the case? How to use Colorado terrain, to hide the body, how not to leave digital traces, or make the traces confirm one’s alibi. Maybe someone even studied Colorado’s famous cases - CW’s, PF’s - to avoid their mistakes.
It’s very possible. Didn’t BM in the TD video make reference to one or two of those cases when he stated he knew he had to be ruled out as a suspect? I think when we WSers study some of these cases, we are constantly putting ourselves into a suspect’s shoes and trying to see if and how we can get away with it and we remember the mistakes made by others. As years pass and we have such great advancements in forensics and digital technology, it makes it harder to get away with it without getting caught. Still, many perpetrators believe that they are smarter than everyone else and that they can get away with the perfect crime.

It is still of note to me that this one site: of BMs worksite was so visibly reported on: fbi vests & all...& yet: nine other sites: mum is the word.....

That's no accident

LE has much more evidence than we can dream of in our philosphy ;)

JMO

It is still of note to me that this one site: of BMs worksite was so visibly reported on: fbi vests & all...& yet: nine other sites: mum is the word.....

That's no accident

LE has much more evidence than we can dream of in our philosphy ;)

JMO
I really think it came down to the fact that a search like that is impossible to hide. The vehicles were lined up, and I saw posts on social media before the news media even began reporting it.

It would be fairly easy to conduct searches in other areas, ones that didn’t involve excavating someone’s property.

I really think it came down to the fact that a search like that is impossible to hide. The vehicles were lined up, and I saw posts on social media before the news media even began reporting it.

It would be fairly easy to conduct searches in other areas, ones that didn’t involve excavating someone’s property.

Yeah...but this was noted as one of ten MAJOR searches LE has done...

I suppose I'm expecting the others are on par with the one we know oh-so-much about....

And yet not even a mouse about those other nine....

I think the visibility with the one of ten we know about was very deliberately allowed to be known...

JMO

Yeah...but this was noted as one of ten MAJOR searches LE has done...

I suppose I'm expecting the others are on par with the one we know oh-so-much about....

And yet not even a mouse about those other nine....

I think the visibility with the one of ten we know about was very deliberately allowed to be known...

JMO
I think that many of those other searches could have been conducted outside of Salida.

If there was a way to track BM’s movements (cell phone or vehicle gps), they may have followed the trail in the same way they did Letecia Stauch.

I’m open to them trying to rattle Barry, but at the same time, it’s not something that could be kept secret.

I mean, he knows if the body is buried there or not, and there’s no way of knowing what his reaction was.

I don't think that LE would ruin a peripheral victim's life in a cavalier manner to solve a case, but this could be a highly organized crime which requires time and a lot of investigation. There would certainly be some advantage in allowing the illusion that LE had zeroed in on a different theory than what actually happened to go on while a complex case is being constructed one detail at a time. IMO
Briefcase Full of Blues- one of my all time favorite albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia