Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is strange. Do you believe that TN didn’t use Barry’s name at Barry’s direction? If intentional, then it seems like distancing behavior. IMO
Whether it was at BM's instruction or not, TN intentionally referred to BM only as "the husband" on May 13-14 -- dates of his initial media contact to announce the reward, reward match, and the GET fund.

ETA - add some links

Police have not ruled out foul play in search for missing Colorado woman as husband offers $100,000 reward [VIDEO]

May 13, 2020

As a massive search continues for the missing mother, a family member told CBS4 that Morphew’s husband, who has not been publicly identified, has offered a $100,000 for information about his wife’s disappearance. A ******** campaign is also raising money for a search effort, though it is not clear if that effort is in coordination with the search launched by the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, which reportedly involves more than 100 personnel and tracking dogs provided by the Department of Corrections.

Family offers $200k reward for missing woman’s ‘safe return, no questions asked’

May 14, 2020

Noel said Suzanne’s husband put out a reward of $100,000 and a family friend has matched the amount, totaling $200,000 for her safe return. [..]

Noel declined to comment if Suzanne had children or who she lived with. No further details were provided.

Last edited:
The BM event seemed to be a typical domino effect. When one sub gets behind schedule, it throws all the contractors’ schedules off.
I am curious about other participant, but we can’t sleuth him. I would need to know a great deal more than we know, before calling one event a history for BM.

Scheduling is an integral part of construction, some contractors will never get it right. It’s one of the reasons some companies fail, IMO.

It’s entirely possible the other participant DOES have a history of work related altercations. We just don’t know.

I also would prefer a neutral party’s account of the event, what we have is certainly biased.

IMO- I wasn’t too impressed with the guy who came forward with BM fisticuffs story at the job site. When he started up with his “people were out to get me/ had it in for me/ ruin my campaign etc ...talk - he lost a great deal of credibility- I listened to his interview twice. He had a lot of nothing to say, and laid down the victim card with BM and his campaign- guy seems like he has a bunch of axes to grind and people to blame for whatever’s going on. My ears perk up with those types, and that conversation tone.

And the hilarious throw in that he actually overtook and punked BM in the fight, put him in a headlock was it??? (paraphrased) I found the guy barely watchable o_O

More importantly, he states himself they were both cited by LE-which likely means there were witnesses saying they were both acting absurd- two to tango rule- and they both got called out for it. He’s just the guy that was trying to get his 15 now that BM is in question, I thought it was a desperate, if not sort of low move. He seemed like a limelight seeker, hoping for much more coverage than he actually got...all MHO- but I read men fairly decent, or so I’d like to think ....:oops::oops:

Would he have been advised not to use names? It's strange wording when talking about a missing family member.
By who would he have been advised? This wasn't a formal police interview but a private one.
What's odd is that instead of using BM's name or calling him his Uncle (blood relative), he chose to call him "the husband".

Where is this information coming from? Do we know if he is in fact trying to sell the M Home?
No. I was speculating that would be his next “move.” JMO, MOO and all that jazz! :)

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE MORPHEW'S HOME IS FOR SALE!!! OP was speculating BM may next list their home for sale. Let's end the red t-shirt moment. :D:D

IMO- I wasn’t too impressed with the guy who came forward with BM fisticuffs story at the job site. When he started up with his “people were out to get me/ had it in for me/ ruin my campaign etc ...talk - he lost a great deal of credibility- I listened to his interview twice. He had a lot of nothing to say, and laid down the victim card with BM and his campaign- guy seems like he has a bunch of axes to grind and people to blame for whatever’s going on. My ears perk up with those types, and that conversation tone.

And the hilarious throw in that he actually overtook and punked BM in the fight, put him in a headlock was it??? (paraphrased) I found the guy barely watchable o_O

More importantly, he states himself they were both cited by LE-which likely means there were witnesses saying they were both acting absurd- two to tango rule- and they both got called out for it. He’s just the guy that was trying to get his 15 now that BM is in question, I thought it was a desperate, if not sort of low move. He seemed like a limelight seeker, hoping for much more coverage than he actually got...all MHO- but I read men fairly decent, or so I’d like to think ....:oops::oops:
LE and the court who issued the verdict are who matter. You don't have to like the guy. The other men at the site were questioned and told of how BM was destructive to their equipment and losing his mind. He then became physically abusive. It is what it is.

If in fact the altercation was not BM’s fault, would someone not have come to his defense to discredit the person making the accusation? Surely there were others on the job site that witnessed the altercation.

What was not a biased point of view, IMO, was the statement by his own uncle that painted BM as controlling. I have no reason to doubt that, because I cannot imagine his uncle lying about it seeing he also painted the M’s as a loving couple without any issues, notwithstanding, a controlling nature IS an issue. MOO

I hesitate to respond, I am not passive aggressive, so please do not take this as my personality.
I am sure there are many of our acquaintances who might believe my husband is controlling. It’s not something that bothers me, so I do not correct their perception.
Once they get to know us, they realize nobody “controls” me.
There is a negative connotation to controlling for some. However, IMO some equate taking charge with controlling. The former is generally considered a positive trait.

There is a covid effect at play, thruout this case, normally reporters are out and about much more than now, and also the general public is not going to be as eager to be interviewed, IMO.
If I have errands to run, I finish them and head home. I am not recreationally shopping, only essentials. We are not really gathering in groups, so it is going to be a more difficult task for reporters.
I guess I should qualify this, SC opened up a bit, cases increased. I’m planning on beach trip soon, so I’m not taking chances.
I am not fearful, I just am content. My interactions are with family and friend, reporters way down on my list.
I have perhaps assumed CO is still somewhat employing some forms of social distancing, so MOO
We don’t really know what is responsible for some of the differences in SMs family behaviors, some could be simply covid.

Have been reading the posts about people losing it at the workplace .... now if people were all speculating and insinuating that you did something to your wife and you didn't, wouldn't that cause you to completely lose it .... I mean, you'd be absolutely livid ..... wouldn't that lead you to make yourself available for an interview .... (hey, definitely pick Lauren) ..... and tell the story, the facts, I mean, I'd be furious. Seems the logical thing to do, to me anyway. Also I think I'd be outraged and angry if the media, and random people on social media were just plucking photos out of private Facebook pages and instagram accounts .... I mean, that could really put people off coming forward and speaking about SM, knowing that you might be picked apart, photos splashed everywhere, private details, people making nasty comments on your Facebook accounts, for example, when all you're dealing with is trying to find SM. MOO
PS: I worked with someone who uncharacteristically went completely beserk at work one day, threw the boss up against the wall ... they ended up with a year off on full pay and then got sacked, got big payout for their years of work and moved on to a better job!!!:confused:

I don’t know- dammed if you do and damned if you don’t about the first part- speaking up and out to defend yourself, reach out to LS. Put yourself out there- face the inevitable scrutiny- I don’t know!! People are very judgmental of me for a plethora of reasons, I would be entirely hesitant to go public if I was involved with anything garnering media attention- based on life experiences, I would be crucified- most likely hated on sight and just RIPPED- there would be nothing I could do right- even if I were guilty of absolutely nothing- I would not put myself up for public lambasting and dissecting-

Often, I’m honestly afraid to voice my thoughts and feelings here -

How many of us, honestly would post away here, freely as many do if we were not anonymous? What if starting right now we had to pull back the green curtain and show ourselves- ? Post as ourselves verified on SM or the like, with our real photos and information available...?????

:):):)

Lastly- guess it was a slick move going berserk on the boss- big payoff indeed! Question, premeditated or crime of passion? ;);););););)

By who would he have been advised? This wasn't a formal police interview but a private one.
What's odd is that instead of using BM's name or calling him his Uncle (blood relative), he chose to call him "the husband".
Yeah, several people pointed out the distancing language at the time. One might be inclined to think it was meaningless if not for the fact that TN proceeded to go dark, and stopped responding to media inquiries.

We later learned that he had some odd requests, considering he was supposed to be the family spokesman.

Basically, “I’m the face of the family, but don’t you dare show my face.”

As one does.

I think I posted this before, but I honestly can’t remember consensus...Could TN actually have been an LE agent, there to monitor events, it is only explanation I come up with. It also explains his absence later.

Me too. I wouldn't know where to start tho. And we're not supposed to sleuth his business.... Dang it. Moo

OP stated “he lost a few job opportunities” I was wanting links to that. Where is that on MSM? And the subsequent information?

ETA- you were the OP. Just went back to see who stated he “lost a few jobs”. Where did you get this information? Please I’m genuinely interested.

Last edited:
If in fact the altercation was not BM’s fault, would someone not have come to his defense to discredit the person making the accusation? Surely there were others on the job site that witnessed the altercation.

What was not a biased point of view, IMO, was the statement by his own uncle that painted BM as controlling. I have no reason to doubt that, because I cannot imagine his uncle lying about it seeing he also painted the M’s as a loving couple without any issues, notwithstanding, a controlling nature IS an issue. MOO
I agree.
The "altercation" in moo was a temper tantrum. And the workplace is no place for a temper tantrum.

Agree! BM is not looking for SM’s recovery. Far from it! $$$ flying every which way EXCEPT for her recovery.

I feel it happened in the house. Even if he gets away with it, the recollection of said event will haunt him to a certain degree, but I truly believe this dude has moved on! Either that, OR he knows the the walls are closing in on him and he needs to make provision for his children which would likely include his mother.

I’ve looked at the photos of the house, I’ve watched and rewatched the drone footage of the house and nothing about it says “home.” I could not live in that house even if someone wasn’t murdered in it. I find absolutely nothing about it appealing and I’m certain his new “amore” feels the same (yes, also my speculation). Of course, he’s not going to come right out and say, “it’s time for me to move on,” because any idiot knows that’s not good optics, but I’m pretty sure, he’s moved on. Actions speak so much loader than words, don’t they??

All speculation.

I feel BM has moved on, but expect that the situation in the side where he has moved to be slightly more complicated than mere “someone”. I feel that the problem he has created requires, and will require, money, too. I seriously consider financial pressure (of BM’s own doing) to be connected with SM’s disappearance. JMO.

You know what I really would like to know? How controlling BM was with the money. If he controlled SM’s money, a heavy check mark. If he did not, but is known to be tight-fisted about the finances in general, another check mark. If he is generous, in my mind, it could speak “for” him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot