Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren's our girl!!!! I've said this many times now, she's doing a great job trying to keep this story alive!
Without her there really isn't anything. Profiling Evil comes along, but they haven't been to the area and Lauren has been there. And with LE not talking, families not talking and Barry not talking she really has to dig to come up with anything.

I don’t buy it. If I had a loved one missing, Covid or no Covid, I could summon up a couple hundred or more just by picking up the phone. Who are we kidding? BM isn’t looking for SM, LE ARE. BM “believes” she was abducted (although LE don’t appear to believe that), when he’s not matter of factly telling TD how lions drag their prey up. He believes LE screwed up the crime scene. I believe he may have screwed himself. Royally, to boot! Time will tell.
JMHO as always :)
LE said they didn't want or need help.

BM "claims" he had some people helping him do his own searches. Maybe he did and maybe that's a complete fabrication, but the people from "the gym," or at least not the person who LS asked, were among those asked to help by anyone. I wouldn't have assumed gym members would be on a list.

Without her there really isn't anything. Profiling Evil comes along, but they haven't been to the area and Lauren has been there. And with LE not talking, families not talking and Barry not talking she really has to dig to come up with anything.
If you go to the media thread you'll see a lot of articles written about the case already. LE is not going to release info about their investigation to anyone--not Lauren, not the family members, not friends of the family and not the public. So anyone giving an interview will either know something of their own accord and talk about it if they want, or not know anything but give their thoughts, prayers and all of that.

TN turned over control of the GiveMeMoney fund to the nuclear family, specifically the eldest daughter. For whatever reason, TN's involvement is not needed (or maybe not wanted) anymore. It would be a lot less pressure on him, as being gatekeeper takes time and effort, and he has a family and job.
Seriously???? It appears TN abandoned ship long before that *** update post. Look no further than the find Suzanne page.

Seriously???? It appears TN abandoned ship long before that *** update post. Look no further than the find Suzanne page.
Honestly and IMO Facebook is a mosh pit. Take a look at any of the missing pages created in other cases. Whoever admins the page will spend more time dealing with rumor control, trolls, nasty comments, and none of those people are going to solve the case. SM is going to be found by local searches or else by someone coming across her remains because they happen to be in the area and are doing something else (whether that's hunting, hiking, mountain climbing or whatever), or (Lord willing), a confession by the perp and leading LE to her body.

IMO

LE said they didn't want or need help.

BM "claims" he had some people helping him do his own searches. Maybe he did and maybe that's a complete fabrication, but the people from "the gym," or at least not the person who LS asked, were among those asked to help by anyone. I wouldn't have assumed gym members would be on a list.
I wasn’t talking about official searches by LE. I understand they didn’t want or need help. I suspect why too. I was referencing the $$$ fund that was supposed to go toward private searches. Seems disingenuous to me to ask for money to conduct searches and then none be organized. If Suzanne did indeed frequent the gym on a regular basis, surely she had some friends or acquaintances there that could be called upon to aid in a private search, seeing that was what the $$$ were supposed to be for. That’s all I’m saying :)

I wasn’t talking about official searches by LE. I understand they didn’t want or need help. I suspect why too. I was referencing the $$$ fund that was supposed to go toward private searches. Seems disingenuous to me to ask for money to conduct searches and then none be organized. If Suzanne did indeed frequent the gym on a regular basis, surely she had some friends or acquaintances there that could be called upon to aid in a private search, seeing that was what the $$$ were supposed to be for. That’s all I’m saying :)
Ah. Well I know it was more than "searching" that was supposedly going to be covered by the GiveMeMoney fund. I believe it included things like travel expenses for family and food and whatever else.

The thing about these GiveMe platforms is there is no specific accountability for exactly how money is used. People who choose to open their wallets and give to one or more of the many campaigns take a risk. Scams are not uncommon on these platforms or the money may not be used in a way that was listed. Some of the campaigns on those platforms raise upwards of nearly half a million, sometimes more and the money is used however the beneficiaries decide to use the money.

Legally I don't know if there's any specific limit to how BM and family may use the money.

Last edited:
MM has been designated as the beneficiary of this campaign and will be tracking and distributing the funds directly towards:
-Expenses related to search efforts (fuel, equipment, gear, food, etc.)
-Supporting the well-being of Suzanne's family
-Food for family and volunteers
-Housing accommodations for family/search volunteers
-Compensating family and volunteers for their time spent away from work and with the Morphew family
Again, your support is truly appreciated. Thank you!
Find Suzanne Morphew

Maybe the money is being spent on "supporting the well-being of Suzanne's family". You know like well permits, paving, that sort of thing?

Honestly and IMO Facebook is a mosh pit. Take a look at any of the missing pages created in other cases. Whoever admins the page will spend more time dealing with rumor control, trolls, nasty comments, and none of those people are going to solve the case.

IMO
RSBM
Totally on board with the Mosh comment but as to the rest...
Nonsense or naiveté IMO, it doesn't have to be that way at all. On the Suzanne Morphew uncensored page an admin approves every post before it appears. No doubt TN knew the ropes before he started, and set up the page, he's a tech savvy guy. I've been an admin on a very active page....many years ago, there are all kinds of controls. If nothing else, they should have deleted the troll post that trashed Barry and turned off commenting weeks ago. Not cleaning up that page before abandoning it, is the equivalent of going to a friends house after volunteering as appointed caretaker and leaving it with a burst pipe running full blast, no attempt to stop or clean up or call for help.

Last edited:
I missed a previous video (I think), but this latest video gives me a clearer idea of where BM says the bike was found, including the tree.

LS is still clarifying that LE has never confirmed the bike was found there. Interesting.

MOO

TN turned over control of the GiveMeMoney fund to the nuclear family, specifically the eldest daughter. For whatever reason, TN's involvement is not needed (or maybe not wanted) anymore. It would be a lot less pressure on him, as being gatekeeper takes time and effort, and he has a family and job.
Of course it would be a lot of pressure. Every aspect of this whole situation would be a lot of pressure to live with. But for a family member/spokesperson to abruptly quit his public awareness role without anyone else taking over, then washing his hands of the donations bit, it feels like more than pressure and/or lack of 'time and effort'. It feels more like a disagreement somewhere to me. Jmho. Moo.

I missed a previous video (I think), but this latest video gives me a clearer idea of where BM says the bike was found, including the tree.

LS is still clarifying that LE has never confirmed the bike was found there. Interesting.

MOO

This bike has been a thorn since the beginning. What if...

LE did not find the bike when they responded to the 911 call. When BM arrives home (clears throat) he locates the mangled bike and assumes they will all jump on the BM train?

It would explain his persistence as well as LE being adamant about not confirming.

Just some what if thoughts....

This bike has been a thorn since the beginning. What if...

LE did not find the bike when they responded to the 911 call. When BM arrives home (clears throat) he locates the mangled bike and assumes they will all jump on the BM train?

It would explain his persistence as well as LE being adamant about not confirming.

Just some what if thoughts....
Thats a good point. Perhaps LE didn't find the bike, someone else did.

Of course it would be a lot of pressure. Every aspect of this whole situation would be a lot of pressure to live with. But for a family member/spokesperson to abruptly quit his public awareness role without anyone else taking over, then washing his hands of the donations bit, it feels like more than pressure and/or lack of 'time and effort'. It feels more like a disagreement somewhere to me. Jmho. Moo.
Perhaps so.

What to do about it... maybe someone savvy with managing a social media page could contact nephew and volunteer to run it for him/them and grow the social presence. Ditto for other social media platforms (Twitter, etc).

There are passionate people who clearly want to help and are attuned to and sensitive to the PR/media/outreach side of the case, and lack thereof. There could be some opportunities to volunteer in creative ways to bring the case more exposure and attention.

RSBM
Totally on board with the Mosh comment but as to the rest...
Nonsense or naiveté IMO, it doesn't have to be that way at all. On the Suzanne Morphew uncensored page an admin approves every post before it appears. No doubt TN knew the ropes before he started, and set up the page, he's a tech savvy guy. I've been an admin on a very active page....many years ago, there are all kinds of controls. If nothing else, they should have deleted the troll post that trashed Barry and turned off commenting weeks ago. Not cleaning up that page before abandoning it, is the equivalent of going to a friends house after volunteering as appointed caretaker and leaving it with a burst pipe running full blast, no attempt to stop or clean up or call for help.

I'm not tech savvy. I don't know how these sites work. Does it seem TN left BM to twist in the wind, when he could have done otherwise? Moo

at the end of the interview, lauren wants to ask the sheriff how to turn in anonymous tips. that's very interesting. MOO.

Last May and/or the earliest days of SM missing investigation, I recalled how the tip line and phone number on the missing posters (including reward posters by BM) included the phone number also listed for Chaffee County Crime Stoppers. I've not checked the phone number recently but CrimeStoppers is known for accepting anonymous tips.

Perhaps so.

What to do about it... maybe someone savvy with managing a social media page could contact nephew and volunteer to run it for him/them and grow the social presence. Ditto for other social media platforms (Twitter, etc).

There are passionate people who clearly want to help and are attuned to and sensitive to the PR/media/outreach side of the case, and lack thereof. There could be some opportunities to volunteer in creative ways to bring the case more exposure and attention.
I mean since theres no family or friend volunteers, that would be a good way to utilize some of the donations for sure! Keeping SM's story in the limelight, organizing vigils, ensuring justice is served!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member