Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this:
-----------------------------
Friends Say Missing Colo. Mom Suzanne Morphew and Husband Barry Seemed Like ‘Good, Model Family’

Suzanne Morphew has been missing since Mother's Day

By Harriet Sokmensuer
July 23, 2020 11:00 AM

Before Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew disappeared during a bike ride on Mother's Day, everything in her life seemed to be going well.

"That [family structure] where the husband loves being the provider and the wife loves being the homemaker— they fit that to a T," longtime friend Jeff Isles tells PEOPLE in this week's issue.
[...]

"They're close— a good model family," Isles says of Morphew and her husband and their two daughters, Mallory and Macy.

---------------------------
More here:
Friends Say Missing Colo. Mom Suzanne Morphew and Husband Barry Seemed Like ‘Good, Model Family’

I went and gave my opinion - as it turns out, I got into reading about extraction of really old DNA and consistently, today's scientists are able to get all manner of identifying material out of what's left of a tooth (after 13,000 years and certainly after 9000 years - but also...sometimes...80,000 years!)

Not all localities have this kind of tech on hand, but if a LE agency is determined, they can get much information. One exception is totally burned-to-ash in hot fire materials (I didn't read the other thread thoroughly). That's very rare - most cremations don't count - but the Paradise Fire in California left people whose remains were not identified specifically.
Thank you - I hope they reach out to those that can help - everyone deserves to be identified
Jmo

What I was referring to was that Suzanne was the patient and Barry should have been with her during her chemo (and maybe he was). We know that one time, per the interview, he was not.

I beg to differ. Chemo almost always occurs during daylight hours on weekdays and cancer treatment can be quite expensive. If there is only one earner in the family, the burden is on that person to keep a roof over their heads, food on the table, lights on, health insurance active and copays and deductibles paid.

People in healthy, mature relationships understand that the end often justified the means.

New info has taken me in somewhat different direction, kidnapping still possibility, as in she was taken, and murdered elsewhere.
So this is not the scenario I would choose, as my favorite had her kidnapped and still alive.
I’m not eating crow, as IMO BM was not guilty of this. I am swallowing tears for both of them.
It IS a possibility, that LE IS also following this lead, and actually explains many of LE actions, from the beginning.

IOW, once you “consider” that BM is innocent, it forces you to look at other possibilities.

As an example, @kay74 has been catching heat, because she refuses to elaborate. I understand why she refuses to. She has many threads ago, refuted speculations, with just as valid speculations. I assume that everyone has at least given hers speculations considerations in the past. I know that I have given any member’s ideas consideration. I have absolutely understood some of LE actions, but I have never ruled out the possibility of another perpetrator. For example, she may have been kidnapped in her home, the bike actually could have been staged, but not by BM.
It also answers, the questions I myself had with my scenarios.
I am moving from finding Suzanne, to finding her body.
I’m sure I will develop a shield if I stay on these forums, but not likely a strong one.
I have been reading true crime, since my teens and I follow the news.
I will always be affected by these cases.

Sorry guys, having a bad day, as I said...Oh Suzanne...

Yeah, finding what happened to Suzanne is what counts. And if it is a result of foul play, bringing the person to justice, no matter who it is. I hope you can find something.

Yup. We have multiple case where everything seemed great - no DV, no child abuse. Nothing. And then there's murder:

1. Jason Young
2. Scott Peterson
3. Patrick Frazee
4. Justin Ross Harris
5. Martin MacNeill
6. Chris Coleman
7. Chris Watts
8. Neil Entwhistle
9. John List
10. Mark Hacking
11. Jeffrey McDonald
12. Christian Longo

I can go on and on with cases of seemingly happy families when suddenly, dad/husband commits murder.

Yes, indeed, we have had such cases -- and yes, indeed, the keywords here are, "everything seemed great." And then something happened that triggered the event.

And woe to some of them if they were pregnant which seemed to be the trigger for the horror, but that's not the case here.

Do we have a trigger case here?
We wait... SMH

My point is that it’s not only highly unusual that he never did those things, but that it’s incredibly incriminating (on top of the rest of it).

{snipped for space}

You're right it is incriminating, and I'm all for someone who is actually responsible for a heinous crime to fool as few people as possible, for their crime to be uncovered and their butt to be hauled off to jail tout de suite. IF they've already killed a loving partner then they're already the worst and have done the worst, and the more people who see it and see it quickly, the better (IMHO).

And if they're innocent, not involved, then they should do what is needed to help, cooperate fully with LE, do what the missing person experts with a lot of experience advise, there are resources made available, and no one has to do this alone.

All IMO

Yes. In the cases I listed there was no evidence of any of that.
In the Jason Young case there was *much* discord between the couple and it had been going on for quite awhile. Jason even tried to kill Michelle before, and that resulted in Michelle miscarrying a pregnancy he didn't want, a few years before he murdered her, while she was preganant again.

He cheated on her quite a bit, there was escalation of what could be considered DV behaviors (throwing things at each other), a lot of screaming, fighting, pronouncements of "I'm DONE." It was a match made in Hell from the beginning. JY was violent with his previous fiance, which she detailed in court during both of his trials. He was and is a monster, IMO.

Last edited:
^^sbm

Agree with the unspoken rule of most marriages-- if only under the echoes of in sickness and in health.

I think another part of the unspoken rule when cancer hits a spouse is stepping up for your children. If a big brute can't stomach the idea of sitting with their spouse while a bag of toxins empties into their bloodstream, how easy can it be for a minor child and her young adult sister to also sit and try to bring comfort while scared to death.

Nope, your don't take a pass. You put your big boy pants on and step up for your children when their mother is suffering.

When momma hurts, everybody hurts.

MOO

Not only are you right, but this is part of the training that social workers and others receive. Cancer and its treatment, with all the side effects, are experienced in a better way by people who get support. Giving support is hard, and young people are prone to needing more help if they are the main support. A parent or spouse is better prepared, psychologically, to handle such things.

Then, there are those who truly do not treat any illness or misfortunate of others as...anything important. It's very hard for them to empathize, or to give sympathy (which is spontaneous in the case of empathic people, but has to be thought of as "manners" by those who lack empathy for suffering of others).

Moms give comfort to others, almost by definition. When a mom has a serious illness, it's very hard on everyone, but the dad (whether still married to mom or not) needs to step in and make sure the kids are not given the brunt of being the illness support system.

However, a less than ideal response on the part of BM doesn't mean he's nefarious - it just means he's not brimming with empathy.

I keep making a resolution not to visit this thread until SM is found.......

Anyway....noble efforts & all: haven't had time to catch up: assume the special report on Fox21 has been noted - ?

Within that report it is stated that she had hodgkins lymphoma

& I've reviewed T.Draper's video replicating her bike ride, time & exactly where bike was found

I'm convinced more than ever that something tipped LE off very early on indeed that she was not abducted, & did not take any ride at all....

Because of that - I feel confident this case will be solved soon & the culprit(s) brought to justice

JMO

I keep making a resolution not to visit this thread until SM is found.......

Anyway....noble efforts & all: haven't had time to catch up: assume the special report on Fox21 has been noted - ?

Within that report it is stated that she had hodgkins lymphoma

& I've reviewed T.Draper's video replicating her bike ride, time & exactly where bike was found

I'm convinced more than ever that something tipped LE off very early on indeed that she was not abducted, & did not take any ride at all....

Because of that - I feel confident this case will be solved soon & the culprit(s) brought to justice

JMO
I think the no-body aspect of this case, which typically means an arrest occurs within months/years/never, is cancelled out by the fact that the sheriff’s department brought in the big guns immediately.

And I couldn’t agree more, something told them what they were dealing with very early on.

With cell phone evidence, surveillance video, forensics, potential gps data, witnesses; I think it’s only a matter of time.

I think the no-body aspect of this case, which typically means an arrest occurs within months/years/never, is cancelled out by the fact that the sheriff’s department brought in the big guns immediately.

And I couldn’t agree more, something told them what they were dealing with very early on.

With cell phone evidence, surveillance video, forensics, potential gps data, witnesses; I think it’s only a matter of time.
And I think it’s a matter of video -I’m more and more convinced the neighbor may be the key and like Watts- there is video that immediately made LE call in help
JMO

^^sbm

Agree with the unspoken rule of most marriages-- if only under the echoes of in sickness and in health.

I think another part of the unspoken rule when cancer hits a spouse is stepping up for your children. If a big brute can't stomach the idea of sitting with their spouse while a bag of toxins empties into their bloodstream, how easy can it be for a minor child and her young adult sister to also sit and try to bring comfort while scared to death.

Nope, your don't take a pass. You put your big boy pants on and step up for your children when their mother is suffering.

When momma hurts, everybody hurts.

MOO
BBM: The big brute had the pressure of making sure his successful business was running well to pay for this. We had a business and the pressure is always on and you had better make sure the employees are doing their job. When you have a business you do EVERYTHING. It's not a 9 to 5 job. You have no idea what their life was like. To me, it looked pretty darn nice!

BBM: The big brute had the pressure of making sure his successful business was running well to pay for this. We had a business and the pressure is always on and you had better make sure the employees are doing their job. When you have a business you do EVERYTHING. It's not a 9 to 5 job. You have no idea what their life was like. To me, it looked pretty darn nice!
Just because it’s shiny, doesn’t mean it’s gold.

I don’t expect him to do these things for obvious reasons.

My point is that it’s not only highly unusual that he never did those things, but that it’s incredibly incriminating (on top of the rest of it).

You’re either a horrible person, or a killer in addition. I don’t see it any other way.

If one is capable of murdering their spouse, whether unintentionally and disposing of their body (with no regard for the children, such as in this case) or premeditated, you're not going to 'fess up'.
You're already lacking in any and all integrity, conscience and empathy.
You'd be in self-preservation mode hoping that someone 'screws up' (read: how many people clumsily handled 'THE BIKE') or that, eventually, the jury buys your bullshite.
After all, I get the impression that he thinks he's cute and likely has an inflated opinion of his persuasive ability.
Just don't try those frosted tips again.
JMO

Last edited:
In the Jason Young case there was *much* discord between the couple and it had been going on for quite awhile. Jason even tried to kill Michelle before, and that resulted in Michelle miscarrying a pregnancy he didn't want, a few years before he murdered her, while she was preganant again.

He cheated on her quite a bit, there was escalation of what could be considered DV behaviors (throwing things at each other), a lot of screaming, fighting, pronouncements of "I'm DONE." It was a match made in Hell from the beginning. JY was violent with his previous fiance, which she detailed in court during both of his trials. He was and is a monster, IMO.

IMO if you scratch beyond the surface of most DV murders, these patterns and behaviors emerge. In the rare cases that they are not present prior to a murder the defendant is usually much younger than the spouse of the missing person in this case.

Also, many of these behaviors are 404 material (legalise referring to rules of evidence and "wrongs or other acts") and thus evidence of these behaviors or patterns does not always come in at trial, because the court may rule it inadmissible.

I beg to differ. Chemo almost always occurs during daylight hours on weekdays and cancer treatment can be quite expensive. If there is only one earner in the family, the burden is on that person to keep a roof over their heads, food on the table, lights on, health insurance active and copays and deductibles paid.

People in healthy, mature relationships understand that the end often justified the means.
That makes me wonder where Suzanne had her treatments. Denver? Or a satellite of a Denver practice south of Denver? I live in a metro area (Hampton Roads VA) that is probably twice as large as Denver's with regard to population. The oncologist practice I went to is the largest in the area and while chemo can be taken after hours, 5:00 PM to maybe 9:00 or 10:00 PM, I believe this is only true at the main 3 story location and MAYBE one on the Peninsula. M. D. Anderson, one of the best in the US, was mentioned earlier used to have chemo available 24 hours, according to friend who was treated there twice. But that is in a major city and at one of the best in the US. If Suzanne was going Pueblo instead of Denver her availability may have been limited to the daylight hours only.

None of the DV factors listed were there in that case, as I recall. No stalking. No efforts to control her movements. They had discord but there was no reported DV.

The prosecution suggested he may have tried to kill her by causing a car accident. But the trooper who responded testified that there was nothing to indicate he intended to kill Michelle by crashing the car.

Yes. He cheated. It came out at trial.

My point is there are multiple cases where the DV factors of stalking, coercive control and escalation were not present. Many in which the family seemed “ideal”.

However, evidence showing that life wasn’t actually perfect (humiliating secrets - Mark Hacking and Neil Entwhistle, affairs -Scott Peterson, Chris Watts, Chris Coleman, Martin MacNeill) often comes out as the case goes along.

Last edited:

Agree.
No sheriff would have the FBI there immediately.
They suspected something faster than even in the Gannon S. case, which took a couple of days.
And after an initial search receded into the same police behavior of absolutely no info, no leaks.
The FBI searchers at the pad were happy when closing down and cleaning up, to me they didn't look like they were going home defeated. Whether it panned out or not after in the lab, I think they found something at the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member