Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it’s shiny, doesn’t mean it’s gold.

True. But speaking from experience with my own family, I have rarely seen anyone stay with people in the chemo sessions. I went to a few to drop my dad off. He never wanted me to stay.

Sessions can last hours. Usually the people I saw getting chemo were watching tv, reading, on their phones or sleeping.

I had no idea someone could die during chemo due to the process.

I keep making a resolution not to visit this thread until SM is found.......

Anyway....noble efforts & all: haven't had time to catch up: assume the special report on Fox21 has been noted - ?

Within that report it is stated that she had hodgkins lymphoma

& I've reviewed T.Draper's video replicating her bike ride, time & exactly where bike was found

I'm convinced more than ever that something tipped LE off very early on indeed that she was not abducted, & did not take any ride at all....

Because of that - I feel confident this case will be solved soon & the culprit(s) brought to justice

JMO

Can you link me to those?

If one is capable of murdering their spouse, whether unintentional and disposing of their body (with no regard for the children, such as in this case) or premeditated, you're not going to 'fess up'.

Hey no problem, I'll disregard:

Mark Hacking
Derek Medina
Alec Blair
Lana Sue Clayton
Sally Challen
Kevin Heimsoth

and some others.

IMO

I have been following this case from the beginning and it really touches a nerve with me as well. I think because I am in that age group with 2 children, long term marriage, etc. Anyway, while in general in these cases it is usually the spouse and it very well could be in this case, I don't believe that there has been anywhere near enough information to make an "informed" decision on who caused SM to disappear. We literally know nothing except that a woman disappeared and searches were done. I too am surprised how much hate has gone BM's way with knowing next to nothing about the case. JMO!
BBM: I have not seen anyone post about an "informed" decision on who caused SM to disappear. However, I have seen many offer their opinions.

Hey no problem, I'll disregard:

Mark Hacking
Derek Medina
Alec Blair
Lana Sue Clayton
Sally Challen
Kevin Heimsoth

and some others.

IMO

You’re right. That’s true. Chris Watts too. But do they typically walk in voluntarily and say, “Hey. I need to report that I murdered my wife.”?

Maybe that’s what was meant? I mean usually when they confess isn’t it after a ton of interrogation and they realize they’ve been caught?

Typically it’s only the real crazy people (Andrea Yates) who immediately confess. At least in cases where they’ve tried to cover it up.

I have been following this case from the beginning and it really touches a nerve with me as well. I think because I am in that age group with 2 children, long term marriage, etc. Anyway, while in general in these cases it is usually the spouse and it very well could be in this case, I don't believe that there has been anywhere near enough information to make an "informed" decision on who caused SM to disappear. We literally know nothing except that a woman disappeared and searches were done. I too am surprised how much hate has gone BM's way with knowing next to nothing about the case. JMO!

You know I haven’t seen any hate that I can recall. I think in general, people have suspicions as to what happened or are fairly convinced based on stats and LE’s behavior.

But I don’t think one person here could vote guilty if they were on a jury with just what we know.

I sure couldn’t. I have my suspicions. It’s seems like it’s clear LE believe husband is involved. But not enough for me to make a specific determination.

True. But speaking from experience with my own family, I have rarely seen anyone stay with people in the chemo sessions. I went to a few to drop my dad off. He never wanted me to stay.

Sessions can last hours. Usually the people I saw getting chemo were watching tv, reading, on their phones or sleeping.

I had no idea someone could die during chemo due to the process.

I was surprised reading this thread that it’s an expectation, too. It wasn’t a reality in my family when my mom had cancer in her 40s, and my dad was the sole provider.

Anyway, it’s not evidence of any state of the marriage to me. I’m still hoping BM is not involved, yet concerned that he likely is based on LE behavior. Where is the search for SM’s abductor, if that’s a possibility????

MOO

You’re right. That’s true. Chris Watts too. But do they typically walk in voluntarily and say, “Hey. I need to report that I murdered my wife.”?

Maybe that’s what was meant? I mean usually when they confess isn’t it after a ton of interrogation and they realize they’ve been caught?

Typically it’s only the real crazy people (Andrea Yates) who immediately confess. At least in cases where they’ve tried to cover it up.

There are a couple on the list who immediately posted they'd killed their wives and/or kids on social media right after doing so. That's not common, but it has happened a few times that I can remember.

BM is past the stage of immediately fessing up since it's already been 74 days since SM 'disappeared.'

It's not that I actually think he will fess up (of course I don't believe he will), the point I was making is that *I* don't need a bunch of games played, like him pretending he cares, pretending he's putting up flyers or any of that stuff that other previous killer spouses have done. I don't need it because I believe he well may have caused the disappearance and demise of his wife, and pretense is not what I value nor what I think the case needs.

IMO

You know I haven’t seen any hate that I can recall. I think in general, people have suspicions as to what happened or are fairly convinced based on stats and LE’s behavior.

But I don’t think one person here could vote guilty if they were on a jury with just what we know.

I sure couldn’t. I have my suspicions. It’s seems like it’s clear LE believe husband is involved. But not enough for me to make a specific determination.
Yup. I have every expectation that BM will ultimately be arrested for murder, but that’s very different from actually having evidence to support a conviction.

Some want the spectacle, the accoutrements and game of a scared spouse looking for his wife, putting up posters, being on the media circuit every day, etc.

IF a spouse has killed their partner, I don't want any of their B.S. or any of their pretend emotions or their parade or any of it. I got a mountain of that with Scott Peterson and many, many other killer spouses. I say, "oh please, spare us the lies."

Here's the one thing that matters if you killed your spouse: your crime is discovered and dealt with. Take yourself to LE, confess what you've done, and lead LE to your partner's remains so they can be recovered, brought home, and given a dignified resolution to something horrible.

THAT'S what matters when you're the reason for someone's disappearance and not being found. Save your beloved children from not knowing and constant worry, save your family members, save your friends, save your jurisdiction from wasting any resources, manpower, equipment. Be brave in the way that really matters if you've done wrong, stand up, own it, and don't play the games. That's what someone with integrity does -- when they do wrong, they admit it.

And if you won't do that, then get ready because LE will not give up, will not believe your b.s., and the truth will be discovered.

IMO

Your first sentence kind of puts down people who have gone all out to get media attention for their missing person and who have cried and pleaded with anyone - an abductor, **anyone** who might know where their loved one is. They didn't demand a spectacle or even want one, but they ended up in such a setting (at least, I'll take your word for it - I've never seen anyone being made a spectacle in this kind of situation, but typically I don't read SM reactions and don't follow breaking crime news - except here on WS).

People have a heartfelt need to try and reason with or bribe whoever it is that has taken their loved one. It's a common form of denial (much more common than the "let's just go on as if nothing happened" kind of denial, IMO).

Many of the times that people plead with the camera/media/townspeople...their loved one is later determined to have been abducted. So...what do you make of all of this? Are people who go to the media really attention hogs? I don't think so. I think they are desperate. I also think desperation is a legitimate and common emotion to feel if your loved one just up and disappeared without a trace and even LE cannot give you a clue.

None of the DV factors listed were there in that case, as I recall. No stalking. No efforts to control her movements. They had discord but there was no reported DV.

The prosecution suggested he may have tried to kill her by causing a car accident. But the trooper who responded testified that there was nothing to indicate he intended to kill Michelle by crashing the car.

Yes. He cheated. It came out at trial.

My point is there are multiple cases where the DV factors of stalking, coercive control and escalation were not present. Many in which the family seemed “ideal”.

However, evidence showing that life wasn’t actually perfect (humiliating secrets - Mark Hacking and Neil Entwhistle, affairs -Scott Peterson, Chris Watts, Chris Coleman, Martin MacNeill) often comes out as the case goes along.

The longer I practice law, the crazier the world seems and nothing even remotely shocks me anymore.

I have handled a DV case where the defendant learned his SI was cheating and in a drinking rage smashed their skull into the motel floor, which had a thin commercial carpet with no pad on top of concert. When the defendant woke up the next day on top of the victim in a pool of blood, he got up, walked down to the lobby covered in blood and asked to use the phone. He called 911, confessed to the crime and then walked outside and sat on a bench to wait for LE to come arrest him.

History of DV with the victim, along with all the other behaviors and patterns. And like all DV cases tragically sad and depressing.

Yes, indeed, we have had such cases -- and yes, indeed, the keywords here are, "everything seemed great." And then something happened that triggered the event.

And woe to some of them if they were pregnant which seemed to be the trigger for the horror, but that's not the case here.

Do we have a trigger case here?
We wait... SMH
Possibly a trigger, or, like in the case of Peterson, a selfish reason. How many months does your wife have to be pregnant to be 'triggered'?
IMO, anyone who kills another isn't dealing with a full deck, has serious emotional problems and chemical imbalances. Are they legally insane? I'm not a psychologist but even uncontrollable rage, to me, indicates serious mental instability.
JMO

Last edited:

BBM:

In a court of law? No way.

In the court of public opinion, though?

Put it this way: I ain't riding any fences.

JMO.

Your first sentence kind of puts down people who have gone all out to get media attention for their missing person and who have cried and pleaded with anyone - an abductor, **anyone** who might know where their loved one is..

If you took it that way, I'm sorry. I am only looking at and considering someone who is actually and factually guilty of harming their spouse, as the example I used, and is doing the media routine, and doing the flyers, which is a lie, a ruse. IMO

Last edited:
It's not that I actually think he will fess up (of course I don't believe he will), the point I was making is that *I* don't need a bunch of games played, like him pretending he cares, pretending he's putting up flyers or any of that stuff that other previous killer spouses have done. I don't need it because I believe he well may have caused the disappearance and demise of his wife, and pretense is not what I value nor what I think the case needs.

IMO
Yeah, we had that here with the AJ Hadsell case. The step-father never passed up a chance to talk to the media, lead searches - even one search in the city I live in miles away from where she was last seen -, putting up flyers and basically became the face of the entire affair. Who got arrested? He did.

It sucks that it is only on Fox21 New. Can't see any of the interview clips. :(
Hi Poedelini and Itsapuzzle,
Poedelini use one of the proxies for the Netherlands and for Its a puzzle use the one for Australia, if that’s where you are currently residing, and then copy and paste the url address of the Fox21 article or any other US article you can’t read into the url search bar.

Proxy Lists by Country

Last edited:
Yup. I have every expectation that BM will ultimately be arrested for murder, but that’s very different from actually having evidence to support a conviction.

IMO the spouse of the missing person will not be charged with anything related to the disappearance or murder of the missing person unless the DA is confident they have enough evidence to convict. The potential defendant in that scenario has resources to fight.

If a suspect does not have resources to fight LE might be a little looser in the amount of evidence needed to make an arrest and charge, but probably not in a high profile murder case. They would still likely wait to move only when they had enough oranges to get a full glass of juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks